Window decal that can removed??

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
I woke up this morning and on my way to work I have a letter by my association saying I don't have a decal to park there (mind you I am parked in front of my house). My understanding is the decal is really used for people that are parking over night in community parking spots within the neighborhood. I never park in the community parking lots and actually park in front of my house so I never viewed it as a problem. Anyways, I don't want to really get into the legalities of what I can do vs what they can do but maybe if you guys have a similar situation where you need to put an ugly sticker on your car. I was thinking something like a magnet that I can place on the window that I can take on and off with the decal on it. I'm trying to search for something like that but really cant find anything. I would love to hear any thoughts to see how I can tackle this.
Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Clear Static cling material, maybe?

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Can't you put it inside your car on the dashboard? Like a parking ticket?

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I will find out but I don't think so. My wife recently got a new car and it states it needs to be on the rear corner window.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I do when I take the Mustang to work.

I encapsulated it on paper and I keep it in the manual slot in the glove box - I just toss it on top of the dash when I am in work :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Once I get my decal I can see where it needs to go. I'm pretty sure on the dash board is not going to fly but I can try to see what happens if they will let it slide or that infamous orange sticker gets slapped on the window. So this caught my attention.
mag 1.JPG
mag 2.JPG

Ideally i would trace the decal and cut out the magnet which would cover the outside and then cut another piece to put on the inside of rear window but as I'm thinking about it I don't think it would magnetize because of the adhesive or will it magnetize?

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
This only works on the inside of the window correct?

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Wow I was just looking at these. How do you like them?

I like it them alot, i use them for my registration stickers so i dont have to keep it on the window. It is used on the inside facing out.

Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
I used to live in a condo w/an HOA.. .they towed my stickered legal truck, (had a flat) 66 c10 and i about lost my mind...i swore after that no more HOA if at all can be prevented...

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I woke up this morning and on my way to work I have a letter by my association saying I don't have a decal to park there (mind you I am parked in front of my house). My understanding is the decal is really used for people that are parking over night in community parking spots within the neighborhood. I never park in the community parking lots and actually park in front of my house so I never viewed it as a problem. Anyways, I don't want to really get into the legalities of what I can do vs what they can do but maybe if you guys have a similar situation where you need to put an ugly sticker on your car. I was thinking something like a magnet that I can place on the window that I can take on and off with the decal on it. I'm trying to search for something like that but really cant find anything. I would love to hear any thoughts to see how I can tackle this.
Wow wherever MIA is they's pretty fussy. ;-)

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Where is the required parking sticker to be displayed, is there legality as to the location of it within the vehicle?

If it were me, I would Velcro it to the L or R sun visor so when visor is down, sticker is displayed. When not needing to display, put visor in retracted position and if using Velcro, just remove it easily enough and store it.

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Wow wherever MIA is they's pretty fussy. ;-)
Miami, FL. I didn't think there were too fussy but i live close to a board director and I don't think she is to fond of me or my car lmao
Sponsored