Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Here is a part of the news letter that I looked up. Looks like the front and the inside are a no go
parking decal hoa.JPG
Sponsored

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
if you have to live there for any stretch of time and think its worth the effort, make as many friends as you can in the neighborhood (the easy part) and volunteer for the hoa (the drag). small people use institutions to be ugly to people they don't know. people tend to piss less on others within the same tent.

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
if you have to live there for any stretch of time and think its worth the effort, make as many friends as you can in the neighborhood (the easy part) and volunteer for the hoa (the drag). small people use institutions to be ugly to people they don't know. people tend to piss less on others within the same tent.
I have lived here for about 3 years now and this is the first I have heard of this. Must be some new year changes. Looks like my wife and I will be here for at least another 2 years. I feel like I have gotten along with everyone and introduced myself to others. I mean Iā€™m not the most social guy in the world but Its not like Iā€™m unapproachable. Deep down inside I want to raise hell but I know eventually they will slack off and not check as much so why bother getting upset. Iā€™m just going to buy some static cling and take my chances by placing on the outside. Basically slap it on every time I get home. Iā€™ll hope for the best in regards to weather. Either way the stuff is cheap and possibly the only solution.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I have lived here for about 3 years now and this is the first I have heard of this. Must be some new year changes. Looks like my wife and I will be here for at least another 2 years. I feel like I have gotten along with everyone and introduced myself to others. I mean Iā€™m not the most social guy in the world but Its not like Iā€™m unapproachable. Deep down inside I want to raise hell but I know eventually they will slack off and not check as much so why bother getting upset. Iā€™m just going to buy some static cling and take my chances by placing on the outside. Basically slap it on every time I get home. Iā€™ll hope for the best in regards to weather. Either way the stuff is cheap and possibly the only solution.
I hope you are not underestimating your HOA.
It's been my experience that once you attract their attention they can be doggedly relentless.
I HATE HOAs! When looking for our current home we specifically avoided HOA neighborhoods and any with covenants. Neither were negotiable, if either applied we walked, period.
If I were to offer any advice it would be to bite the bullet and place the sticker per their dictatorial guidelines. All it takes is one disgruntled or jealous neighbor to complain and the foo will hit the fan...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking however Iā€™m going to place it on the outside of the window that way it ā€œlooksā€ like itā€™s on there. I know itā€™s recommended to have on the inside of the windshield but it is what it is for my situation. If they bust me again because of it then Iā€™m just going to have to stick the darn thing on..

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking however Iā€™m going to place it on the outside of the window that way it ā€œlooksā€ like itā€™s on there. I know itā€™s recommended to have on the inside of the windshield but it is what it is for my situation. If they bust me again because of it then Iā€™m just going to have to stick the darn thing on..
Good luck. I always stuck mine on the inside.
My school passes were stupid expensive and hard to get. It would have likely been stolen on the outside.

Your pass is free, but it sucks to not release its missing and get towed. Had that happen.

It's also easy to forget its there. The static bond is decent but.. high speeds, rain, temp change, or the carwash would end in sadness.

I'd put it on the inside and see what they say. The letter only states cars without decals will be towed.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
I live in a similar area / situation.
Its best to just follow the rules and stay off radar. Most HOA are dicks at the best of times.

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Good luck. I always stuck mine on the inside.
My school passes were stupid expensive and hard to get. It would have likely been stolen on the outside.

Your pass is free, but it sucks to not release its missing and get towed. Had that happen.

It's also easy to forget its there. The static bond is decent but.. high speeds, rain, temp change, or the carwash would end in sadness.

I'd put it on the inside and see what they say. The letter only states cars without decals will be towed.
The idea is to keep the parking decal with me in my glove. Take it off once I go to work and when I get home from work then I slap it on the outside, so it wouldnā€™t be getting too much abuse just weathered. I know that putting it on the inside wonā€™t fly. I have tints and it would make it pretty hard to see the decal. Iā€™m most likely going to try the static cling and see what happens. The decal is 2ā€™x3, I was thinking of cutting the cling exactly the same shape then sticking decal on cling and slap it on. It should look clean but once that cling looses its grip Iā€™m screwed. Other option is to cut out cling slight larger so it has a 0.5 inch border all around. Then place decal on glass without peeling the adhesive then slapping on the cling centered.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I live in a similar area / situation.
Its best to just follow the rules and stay off radar. Most HOA are dicks at the best of times.
I hear ya and I may just go this route. The static cling is on the way so Iā€™ll splay with that and see how it looks. If not a beautiful sticker goes on the car šŸ˜’

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Honestly bro,....you're making it wayyyyyy harder than it is. You can put it on the inside of the window like you need to do and you can take it off whenever you want or move it around.
If you can get the exact image that you need to be printed on a piece of cling, you're golden. I should know. I printed on cling at work today. lol
Unless, you need to put it on the outside of the windshield??

OP
OP
Salty

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Honestly bro,....you're making it wayyyyyy harder than it is. You can put it on the inside of the window like you need to do and you can take it off whenever you want or move it around.
If you can get the exact image that you need to be printed on a piece of cling, you're golden. I should know. I printed on cling at work today. lol
Unless, you need to put it on the outside of the windshield??
Correct it does have to be on the out side unfortunately. Check out post #16 for the details

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Correct it does have to be on the out side unfortunately. Check out post #16 for the details
Ahhhhhh,..........that sucks man. Sorry.
Good luck!
Sponsored