Sponsored

Will the regular GT ever again have 460 or more HP without electric assist?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....The average EV has over 100mpge rating. Those will factor in to help the ICE sales. The sky has not fallen in.
I don't think EVs count towards fleet MPG averages. I also have never seen an "MPG rating" on an EV.

That's not really possible, now is it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
My son who is 30 watched F&F, Gone in 60 seconds, (original & new) Bullitt and Smoky & the Bandit. His first car purchase out of College? a 2 year old 2013 Shelby GT500 with all options including Glass top. Gray/Black like the second gone in 60 movie. He still has it 7 years later. It's his daily when not Biking.
That's a singular example. There will always be exceptions to the rule.

In comparison to 20, 40 or 60 years ago, teens today have a small fraction of the interest in cars and driving.

I have friends with teens, few of them have the slightest interest in getting their license.

When was the last real "car" movie that was actually successful??? 2001? Or am I forgetting some movie since F&F?

Last edited:
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I don't think EVs count towards fleet MPG averages.
Youā€˜re probably right. I donā€™t personally even count them as cars, although they make great golf carts.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KK said:

ā€œ In comparison to 20, 40 or 60 years ago, teens today have a small fraction of the interest in cars and driving.

I have friends with teens, few of them have the slightest interest in getting their license.ā€

Isnā€™t that just the most amazing thing??!! A couple of my grandkids are like that-no real interest in getting their license at all! I think I camped out at the DMV the night before my birthday.

I realize generational differences have always existed but this goes beyond the pale. The mind boggles at what else they might have no interest in.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I don't think EVs count towards fleet MPG averages. I also have never seen an "MPG rating" on an EV.

That's not really possible, now is it?
They do count. All EV's have an MPGe rating. Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) includes EV's. That is how the manufacturers will achieve the new standards. No way ICE vehicles could reach over 50 average on their own, even if the killed off V8's, V6's and 4 cylinders.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
That's a singular example. There will always be exceptions to the rule.

In comparison to 20, 40 or 60 years ago, teens today have a small fraction of the interest in cars and driving.

I have friends with teens, few of them have the slightest interest in getting their license.

When was the last real "car" movie that was actually successful??? 2001? Or am I forgetting some movie since F&F?
My 28 year old step son is finally ready for his License. He has a 3 year old and a baby on the way. Just to difficult without a car, even in the city. I was pissed because I had to wait a week after I turned 16 to get mine. Times have changed.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
They do count. All EV's have an MPGe rating. Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) includes EV's. That is how the manufacturers will achieve the new standards. No way ICE vehicles could reach over 50 average on their own, even if the killed off V8's, V6's and 4 cylinders.
I've yet to see MPG ratings on EVs. Got any examples? I only looked at Ford's EV, it didn't have one.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

n2ofusion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6M
I mean, Ford knew the standards were going to change. They will probably ping pong back and forth depending on which party is in charge. I guarantee they already had a contingency plan and likely have enough EV credits to offset the 5.0.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
It is like pulling teeth to get my 15 year old to go drive with me as she prepares to get a license in less than a year. She will need to drive to school and activities every day too-I have a decent first car for her that is paid off and ready for her too. It boggles my mind. My parents couldn't keep me from driving once I started with my learner's...I offered to take them everywhere they needed to go.

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I realize generational differences have always existed but this goes beyond the pale. The mind boggles at what else they might have no interest in.
Freedom. After all, what was your car for you when you were 16?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
My 28 year old step son is finally ready for his License. He has a 3 year old and a baby on the way.
3:1 odds on the existence of a man-bun.

MustangJason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Warrior #9
KK said:

ā€œ In comparison to 20, 40 or 60 years ago, teens today have a small fraction of the interest in cars and driving.

I have friends with teens, few of them have the slightest interest in getting their license.ā€

Isnā€™t that just the most amazing thing??!! A couple of my grandkids are like that-no real interest in getting their license at all! I think I camped out at the DMV the night before my birthday.

This was me too. I knew the legal rules for getting permits/licenses early and fought for my parents to sign waivers and stuff. LOL. And, once I got it, I don't think anyone saw me for a month.
Sponsored