Why the Mach1 is a rip off

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
It will blow up when abused just like any Mustang that's modded and abused by not doin all the supporting mods. Stangmode just got one. Wait for it.............BOOM!!!
He is giving it away LOL.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The only people that have no issue with prop rods don't do their own work.
Not true. Not true at all.

The first change/upgrade I make to all my cars is getting rid of those prehistoric, ugly pains in the @ss.
That's a projected image issue, not an underhood access one.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
And to that end, why the rampant focus today that so many cars be incredible track performers, when most buyers will never turn a wheel on a track? I can understand the well-rounded aspect, and a performance car needs to be a competent handler. But so much of the whole 'best track car ever' thing just becomes a bench racing circle jerk.

Some of us are neanderthals that appreciate a sharp handling car but prefer the balance be slanted toward a straight-line beast, at a reasonable cost.
Original GT350 and Boss 302 aside, it took Ford 50+ years to finally build Mustangs with serious corner-carving cred. 50 years during which the straight line crowd had everything their way and the road course guys got nothing. Just sayin'

I had to wait 40 years to get a Mustang that was only starting to show serious cornering potential

Norm

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So your argument is that you can "build it for less" by going the aftermarket route. Okay, but in the end what you have is a modified GT Mustang. 20 years from now, if you hold onto the car, you'll still be holding onto a Mustang GT. If that is what people want, then they will not be in the market for the Mach 1. So be it. But the argument that it the Mach1 is just a GT with a graphics package is disingenuous, at best.
So maybe it's a case of the Mach 1 trying to do too many things instead of being more focused.

The Mach 1's performance potential certainly catches my attention. Its pricing does not. If I was in the market for a new car, the Mach 1 and a 1SS/1LE would be on a very short list of candidates.

I'd be strongly tempted to build a GT up toward Mach 1 performance levels, except that I know that the GT's calibrations in the ABS, EPAS, etc., probably wouldn't be best suited to a Mach 1 level of potential.

So yeah, once you start looking into it, price to product doesn't look as good as it could have.

Norm

Last edited:

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I already got the Ford Performance ones, just for the sake of having all Ford parts on the car. Iā€™ll probably get a Ford Performance catch can as well

You can blame the GT350 for that. PP2 answered the 1LE in 2018, and was faster while costing the same. The issue was that Ford had to neuter the PP2 so that it didnā€™t compete too closely with the GT350, so it was never really able to meet its full potential. But I honestly wouldnā€™t be surprised if a standard Mach 1 runs just behind a 1LE, while a handling package beats it

But regardless, some people just donā€™t want Camaros, myself included. For me, the minor benefits donā€™t change that fact that itā€™s an ergonomic nightmare with awful amenities and ridiculously small windows that you canā€™t even fit a helmet through (meaning a crash on track could mean death if you get knocked unconscious, door gets bashed and stuck closed, and car is on fire)
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Why do you think the Mach1 is an ā€œanswerā€ to the SS 1LE? I doubt the SS 1LE was even taken into consideration when this car was put together.
Because it's basically a Ford copy of the 1LE? Lol

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Because it's basically a Ford copy of the 1LE? Lol
I see. Oh, well, so we'll just say the Camaro itself is (two times, even) a copy of the Mustang. They copied in the 1960's and again in 2020's. That's Chevy for ya, playing second fiddle to the Mustang for its entire existence.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I see. Oh, well, so we'll just say the Camaro itself is (two times, even) a copy of the Mustang. They copied in the 1960's and again in 2020's. That's Chevy for ya, playing second fiddle to the Mustang for its entire existence.
Uh yes, but not really a copy but a competitor. Not sure why you sound so butthurt about the Mach 1 copying the 1LE formula? It's not a bad thing.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Uh yes, but not really a copy but a competitor. Not sure why you sound so butthurt about the Mach 1 copying the 1LE formula? It's not a bad thing.
Exactly.

Especially the part about Ford turning around and copying something that Chevy was doing better than they were. It's OK if you don't care about what the SS/1LE is aimed at as long as you realize that Ford felt that it was well worth copying.

Hell, I borrowed a page out of the 5th gen 1LE playbook for my S197. And one-upped it by an inch more front wheel width. If you see something that works, use it. If you think you can do better, go for it.

Norm

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess if you're under the misimpression that adding the 1LE package to a Camaro makes it a different trim level then I can see how you arrive at that conclusion. The Mach1 is its own trim level. It is not a package you add to the Base, GT or GT500 Mustang.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach1 is its own trim level. It is not a package you add to the Base, GT or GT500 Mustang.
Lordy, you really won't let go of this "Mach 1 is spechul" crap huh. It's bloody semantics. The Mach1 is just a plain ol' GT with PP2.1 package added to it.

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lordy, you really won't let go of this "Mach 1 is spechul" crap huh. It's bloody semantics. The Mach1 is just a plain ol' GT with PP2.1 package added to it.
Why would I let it go? That's your opinion, not supported by any evidence to the contrary.

There is a list of content that is available in the Mach1 that was never available or included in the GT/PP2 beyond just the aesthetics.

Last edited:

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Nope it "special" that's why it gets the lovely ADM

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I guess if you're under the misimpression that adding the 1LE package to a Camaro makes it a different trim level then I can see how you arrive at that conclusion. The Mach1 is its own trim level. It is not a package you add to the Base, GT or GT500 Mustang.
So because one is it's own trim level, that somehow means Ford didn't copy them? Go compare them spec to spec, they are the same regardless of trim, just built on different chassis.

Not sure why you are so obsessed about trim levels in the first place lol

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach 1 isnt special, nor is any Mustang. Theyā€™re all based off the same 4 banger rental car

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
The Mach 1 isnt special, nor is any Mustang. Theyā€™re all based off the same 4 banger rental car
Tell the dealer by me it isn't "special" That's exactly what he said when I called and asked about ordering and not paying ADM. "Of course this car will have ADM my friend...its a special car"
LMAO
Sponsored