Sponsored

Why the Mach 1 is a bargain....

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Ok guy no arguments here, but I'm fairly wealthy and why? Because I don't throw money away on useless shit .
Bike dude I'm just pointing out I can afford to buy any mustang I want. I just don't see the value in the mach 1. Suckers to be sucked in by the advertising! Thats how they make money. you have to be smarter than ford. I have exactly what I want and could care less what you think of me. Sheeple
Wealthy people don’t brag on forums about how much money they have. I would also wager they value their time enough to not shit post about other people’s buying decisions. Maybe you’re the exception though.......
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
The title says "Why the Mach I is a bargain".

Another thread hijacked by either a troll or just an unhappy person.

Shoo....

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor

Another thread hijacked by either a troll or just an unhappy person.

Shoo....
Unhappy people just live to bitch, and try to bring the happy people down to their level. Just let them wallow in their own shit, sooner or later they will drown.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't have a fight here, but any reasonable car person can deduct the Mach1 IS NOT a bargain (at least at MSRP), if you look at what 'bargain' means in any dictionary. So the title of this thread already started on a false premise, so what do you expect? Just fanboy agreement? A lot of that here, but the OP opened himself to negative input with that wording. If It it was 'a good deal' instead, then it'd be easier to defend :).

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have a fight here, but any reasonable car person can deduct the Mach1 IS NOT a bargain (at least at MSRP), if you look at what 'bargain' means in any dictionary. So the title of this thread already started on a false premise, so what do you expect? Just fanboy agreement? A lot of that here, but the OP opened himself to negative input with that wording. If It it was 'a good deal' instead, then it'd be easier to defend :).
You should study that dictionary a little more. That word doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Okay I'll take the bait. and tell you why it's a good deal for the umpteenth millionth time. Try putting the Tremec in your GT. Then try adding coolers to the rear diff. Then try adding the toll links and all the other parts to your GT. let's see how that works out and make sure that rev matching works. Yes do the math. Because you are totally in 100% wrong. And there's already a hate Mach 1 thread to go to to dump on. I'm going to guess you're just jealous that you either can't or don't want to buy one.

In fact go do the math on making the Tremec work with rev matching on your GT and tell me how much it costs. Then put all the other parts on and charge for labor. And then take a look at the depreciation you'll have when you sell the car because it's not stock. Tired of these people that don't know what they're talking about.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, f150 lariat supercrew, Audi S5 Cabriolet
I chose the word "bargain" based on the definition of it as a verb:
"to anticipate as likely to occur; expect (usually followed by a clause)"
I bargained the title of the post would generate a lively conversation. I anticipated and fully expected it as likely to occur.

I'm not defending anything.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I chose the word "bargain" based on the definition of it as a verb:
"to anticipate as likely to occur; expect (usually followed by a clause)"
I bargained the title of the post would generate a lively conversation. I anticipated and fully expected it as likely to occur.

I'm not defending anything.
Now why didn't you tell us this 225 posts ago? :cwl::cwl::thumbsup:

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, f150 lariat supercrew, Audi S5 Cabriolet
Now why didn't you tell us this 225 posts ago? :cwl::cwl::thumbsup:
For me, the Mach 1 is a bargain! Great looks, great hardware, amazing driving experience, and a historic name that it more than lives up to. It's very difficult to find all of that for under $75,000 in a factory package with a warranty.
I guess I can defend that all day long.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And you know this....how?.....exactly???
It is not that big of a stretch to assume what the driving experience will be like. Take a solid foundation and add proven parts to it. We have a good idea of what the car will be.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
It is not that big of a stretch to assume what the driving experience will be like. Take a solid foundation and add proven parts to it. We have a good idea of what the car will be.
Just test drove one - liked the differences from my GT. IMO the Tremec gear ratios are pretty well thought out. The exhaust seems to sound a little different from other active exhausts I’ve heard but might just be imagining it. Seats were great.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Okay, I give up. Can't reason with fanboys, just like I thought :). But with that mentality, anything is a bargain then... and you're the suckers that keep ADM alive. Ha ha. I paid $43K for my new $51,880 Bullitt, and I barely consider that a bargain. This is one of the worst fanboys sites I've seen, along with the corvetteforum. But that's what the ignore feature is for, which is getting exercised quite a bit. I'm out of here.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I wrote that whole long post to try to explain. One lap - yes the PP2 might make one lap faster. But do you want bragging rights on the internet or a fun track day car?

I can tell you, there's nothing worse than running a couple laps in the morning and then having limp mode engage. I owned a 2016 GT350 with the technology package, so I know about this first hand. It was 50 degrees when I got to the track with a high of 70 at 3 pm, so it was quite cool and comfortable.

It really sucks when your car starts to pull power. And you feel like you are abusing it and it might break. All was good with the GT350 once I replaced the transmission and added coolers for the trans and diff, but that cost a lot of money and time. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Can't be emphasized enough!!!!!

Too many base GT and PP GT guys just ignore this, I think its honestly because they have never tracked on a serious road course. You know its bad when the magazines are complaining about it, and they are MUCH more likely to gloss over deficiencies than to tell the harsh truths, its just how that industry works.

There is also a lot of willfully ignoring the Tremec being equiped on the Mach 1, that is a pretty serious mechnanical change and guys still file it under "badges and coolers", we can continue down in to suspension, aero, sway bars ect. , but its pointless if we can't even agree on the real world importance of cooling and an entirely different transmission.

I'm not thumbing my nose at GT guys or anyone in particular, and there was a time when the PP packages were reasonably priced, I would have sprang for it. But I also had the knowledge it still lacked cooling and is an incomplete package for track use.

Not even going to talk about ADM issues. I'm looking things purely from MSRP perspective.
Sponsored