Why the delay in 2019 GT350 arrivals?

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
The car actually exists and is sitting in a parking lot being used as target practice for the flying poop nationals. Shifter issue is the excuse which is very likely the issue but the handling of this as a field issue to fixed by dispatched teams is comical.

I have a vin and they have my deposit and the ability to handle the remediation with as little customer focus as possible. In this regard they have exceeded expectations.
I feel better for you now. Good luck!
Sponsored

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
It's been over a week since I was told my car was no longer on hold, and that it should be shipped to the dealership very soon. Ya, still waiting. The dealer told me they marked it as a "hot" item or something like that meaning it should have priority to be shipped ASAP. I'd like to know what their priority system is because it shouldn't take this long if that's the case. I've given up at this point in expecting anything as each week goes by. I'm also tired of calling my sales rep asking for an update. Shouldn't he be calling me like every day apologizing for all this bull? As crazy as it sounds, summer is almost halfway over in a way. By the time I get the car, I'll have a few weeks to drive it, then I'll be trying to figure out the best way to store it for the fall / winter.

While I'll still be excited to actually pick up my GT350 (whenever that happens), Ford has sucked the enjoyment and excitement out of this entire experience. Today is day 44 of my car sitting in a rail yard parking lot. Wohoo.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
There are GT350 sitting in rail yards all over. Phoenix has a number of cars sitting for at least 44 days. I got tired of waiting for the one I was waiting for and bought one that was at a local dealer. The one I was waiting for is still sitting in the rail yard. I am still hearing the story of the shifter problem and a mobile repair crews going around the country fixing shifters. Seems totally bazaar to me that Ford would handle this problem in this manner.

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Sorry to hear.

My wife and I looked at new cars for her yesterday. We did not and will not go to a Ford store.

Ford has lost a customer. I seriously doubt I will ever order another car from Ford.

I will bring my new Honda to Ford when I pick up my 350 if it ever comes in.

Ford for you to loose me as a customer means you are trying. Or are entirely incompetent. Or both.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
It's been over a week since I was told my car was no longer on hold, and that it should be shipped to the dealership very soon. Ya, still waiting. The dealer told me they marked it as a "hot" item or something like that meaning it should have priority to be shipped ASAP. I'd like to know what their priority system is because it shouldn't take this long if that's the case. I've given up at this point in expecting anything as each week goes by. I'm also tired of calling my sales rep asking for an update. Shouldn't he be calling me like every day apologizing for all this bull? As crazy as it sounds, summer is almost halfway over in a way. By the time I get the car, I'll have a few weeks to drive it, then I'll be trying to figure out the best way to store it for the fall / winter.

While I'll still be excited to actually pick up my GT350 (whenever that happens), Ford has sucked the enjoyment and excitement out of this entire experience. Today is day 44 of my car sitting in a rail yard parking lot. Wohoo.
Totally sympathize! Mine sat for 7 weeks at Flat Rock - also outside - so not sure that was any better than a rail yard parking lot.

Shipped almost two weeks ago - that piece is at least measurable progress.

Definitely NOT looking forward to the next segment when it arrives at the railroad holding facility!

Have heard many stories of cars sitting there for weeks (triple digits here in Phoenix) while they try to fill up a transport.

One thing is for sure - I'll be looking over every square inch of that vehicle before I take delivery! :inspect:

Sponsored

OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Can someone elaborate the shifter problem? What is exactly broken?
To the best of my knowledge, Ford has not "specifically" said what "part" is defective. I was told by a FMC representative that it was a shifter mechanism part that was defective, but nothing more. Why Ford didn't just let the cars be delivered to the dealerships and have the defective part replaced at that time is beyond my comprehension. If Ford is truly spending money to have technicians go to railyards to replace these part, then whoever made that decision needs to be fired! Beyond stupid. I too got tired of waiting for my car and my dealer found another car at a dealership that matched my order. I took possession of it on 06/10/2019. My original order arrived at my dealership a week ago!! The surface of the paint felt like 000 sandpaper. I'm going to the dealership today and it will be interesting to see how the car looks now.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
I was told it was a problem with the reverse lockout mechanism.

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I was told it was a problem with the reverse lockout mechanism.
I had an instance where it felt I couldn’t put the car in reverse. I had to shift to gear and then shift out to put it in reverse. I can’t replicate it because it only happened once so I can’t rule out user error. Hopefully that’s not related.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just saw 19 non-R magnetic black stripe on carrier going thru NW Montana on top row face forward without any protective wrap. Thought they were supposed to be loaded bottom row back end first. Guess they are not as special as they used to be.

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Just saw 19 non-R magnetic black stripe on carrier going thru NW Montana on top row face forward without any protective wrap. Thought they were supposed to be loaded bottom row back end first. Guess they are not as special as they used to be.
What a shame....possibly someone who's waited forever for that.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Bottom row - back end first - last three spots if I remember correctly...

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Yes he or she has probably waited for 6 months and by now does not care if they drag it home by chain.
Maybe....I'll be 8+ month if (big IF) they hit my ETA and I'll care if they *&^#$ it up especially after delayed gratification making this anything but fun.

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Bottom row - back end first - last three spots if I remember correctly...
That's correct, here's what it says on the Ford Handling Manual: "For Haulaway, Shelby GT 350 and 350R loading is restricted to only 3 positions on the BOTTOM deck in the reverse position only. No top deck loading in any direction."

View media item 15490
Haulaway.PNG
Sponsored