Sponsored

Why the delay in 2019 GT350 arrivals?

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Late last week I had requested the Ford Zone Rep. conduct a trace on my 2019 GT350. It has shown no movement since production on 03/22/2019. This morning my dealer friend notified me that he received the following correspondence via the Ford Rep. "This is unit still at the plant waiting for parts and paint quality inspection". Dealer said the quality paint inspection is part of the normal process and would be the last stage before releasing for shipping. It's nothing to be concerned about. There's no indication as to what part they are waiting for, but it has added some credence to the waiting for steering wheels rumor. No indication of when it will be completed and put on a rail car. Sorry for the bad news for those of you in the same boat. At least I have an answer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Could be waiting on steering wheel.

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
Could be waiting on steering wheel.

Be nice if they would just come out and say what is causing the delay as opposed to the no response response they are giving. My car has been sitting for a month, and still no confirmed ship date.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
I am having the same experience. Ordered my 2019 GT350 in late January and the vehicle has been “In Production” since March 14th. Delivery date of April 4th has come and gone and several phone calls to Ford Performance have proven to be fruitless. An actual delivery date is unknown. If I receive any information which sheds some light regarding the reason for the delivery delays I will happily share it.

Reactions: GJB
OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I am having the same experience. Ordered my 2019 GT350 in late January and the vehicle has been “In Production” since March 14th. Delivery date of April 4th has come and gone and several phone calls to Ford Performance have proven to be fruitless. An actual delivery date is unknown. If I receive any information which sheds some light regarding the reason for the delivery delays I will happily share it.
Same here. Car has been sitting since 03/25/19. Ford is unwilling to provide any answer as to the reason for the delay in shipping. My dealer and zone rep have no info. I've been a Ford customer for over 40 years, and I'm incredulous at how unresponsive the company is concerning the reason for the delay. Just tell me the damn truth and quit feeding me generic, non-descript responses!

Sponsored

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
For you guys that have ordered a GT350...are you provided with the car's "serial number or build number" prior to receiving it? Not the VIN mind you, I'm specifically referring to the number you see on the dash (i.e. J0445 or H1253). Just curious...

OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Same here. Car has been sitting since 03/25/19. Ford is unwilling to provide any answer as to the reason for the delay in shipping. My dealer and zone rep have no info. I've been a Ford customer for over 40 years, and I'm incredulous at how unresponsive the company is concerning the reason for the delay. Just tell me the damn truth and quit feeding me generic, non-descript responses!
Up-date: See my post on "who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R" thread. Bottom line, the delay was indeed a vendor strike who provided our steering wheels. There are quite a few 2019 GT350s sitting in the storage lot at Flat Rock. Good news is the strike is over and they are installing steering wheels for the cars that are sitting. Cars should start moving to rail cars in a few days. This information came from two different sources at FMC so I thinks it's accurate.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Up-date: See my post on "who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R" thread. Bottom line, the delay was indeed a vendor strike who provided our steering wheels. There are quite a few 2019 GT350s sitting in the storage lot at Flat Rock. Good news is the strike is over and they are installing steering wheels for the cars that are sitting. Cars should start moving to rail cars in a few days. This information came from two different sources at FMC so I thinks it's accurate.
Received an update from my dealer today who received an update from the local Ford Rep. Delays in delivery are definitely due to a parts shortage. Part could be one of three things, the steering wheel, the radio bezel or a key fob. Supposedly vehicles which have been sitting and waiting are starting to move and prepare for transit so everyone’s long wait may soon be over.

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
Received an update from my dealer today who received an update from the local Ford Rep. Delays in delivery are definitely due to a parts shortage. Part could be one of three things, the steering wheel, the radio bezel or a key fob. Supposedly vehicles which have been sitting and waiting are starting to move and prepare for transit so everyone’s long wait may soon be over.
Mine is due to arrive from the 4th to the 10th. I hope this is the last delay. I don't think I can handle any more waiting. My expectations were to have the car by now (late April) when I initially ordered it.

OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Mine is due to arrive from the 4th to the 10th. I hope this is the last delay. I don't think I can handle any more waiting. My expectations were to have the car by now (late April) when I initially ordered it.
I was hoping to have driven mine to Shelbyfest in Jefferson city, Mo. next weekend. That ship has definitely sailed. Figure I'll get it early to mid May.

Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I withdraw my car from use since I live in NY and do not drive it in the winter and was originally worried that my new car would possibly arrive with snow still on the ground! Well that did not happen and I am unsure if I will receive it before Memorial Day due to the never ending delays. I have given up on tracking the vehicle since that makes my blood boil due to the delivery days increasing each day.

Just waiting for the call from my dealer that the car has arrived, whenever that day may be...

OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I withdraw my car from use since I live in NY and do not drive it in the winter and was originally worried that my new car would possibly arrive with snow still on the ground! Well that did not happen and I am unsure if I will receive it before Memorial Day due to the never ending delays. I have given up on tracking the vehicle since that makes my blood boil due to the delivery days increasing each day.

Just waiting for the call from my dealer that the car has arrived, whenever that day may be...
I too have watched them add a day each day I check the "track your vehicle" site. Isn't it supposed to go the other way? LOL! I've gone from 10 days to 16 days as of today. Frustrating.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I too have watched them add a day each day I check the "track your vehicle" site. Isn't it supposed to go the other way? LOL! I've gone from 10 days to 16 days as of today. Frustrating.
I am now up to 24 days and after this weekend I will be well on my way to 30! The thing that really makes me shake my head is the estimated delivery date, it still says 4/4/2019.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Is your vehicle still on track to be delivered next week? The status of my vehicle has not changed.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Has the status of your vehicle changed or is it still “In Production”?
Sponsored