Why the delay in 2019 GT350 arrivals?

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Silly question .... chassis number is the vin or the at least the last 4 of the vin ?
Not a silly question at all but no the vin does not correlate to the chassis number. The chassis number is the sequential number assigned to Shelby GT350's.
Sponsored

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thx when my unicorn reaches my dealer I will know the chassis number.

This is my third 350 and this situation has zapped all the energy from this purchase. My other two were like Christmas reincarnated. I wanted to bring this to the SAAC convention in three weeks. I thought that date would be not be in danger of being missed. I fear it is at this point.

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
And ... I guess I should have equated chassis number to sequential number.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Here it is a Sunday night in June and I am thinking about who, which lucky one of us, will have the last Chassis number for 2019? If I was to even be thinking of this in early March, I would have thought that I was losing what sanity I have left. Now, it is a realistic question. Having all that said, does the Chassis number correlate with the number of vehicles made, regardless of their configuration? So, if there was 3500 vehicles made, would the last one be two letters and then 3500?

Sponsored

slikk66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 1966 Mustang Coupe
Here it is a Sunday night in June and I am thinking about who, which lucky one of us, will have the last Chassis number for 2019? If I was to even be thinking of this in early March, I would have thought that I was losing what sanity I have left. Now, it is a realistic question. Having all that said, does the Chassis number correlate with the number of vehicles made, regardless of their configuration? So, if there was 3500 vehicles made, would the last one be two letters and then 3500?
My understanding is yes, and the first letter is the year, i.e. this year 2019 is K, 2020 will be L, then the chassis number. If you have an R model, it will be KR or LR followed by thr number. So K3500 would be the final chassis number for a non-R in your example. The R models get a separate count, I think.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is yes, and the first letter is the year, i.e. this year 2019 is K, 2020 will be L, then the chassis number. If you have an R model, it will be KR or LR followed by thr number. So K3500 would be the final chassis number for a non-R in your example. The R models get a separate count, I think.
I see. Thanks for the explanation. I am still an unbeliever, even with a VIN, I will be a K****, and so it goes.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
***UPDATE***
Potentially Good News for those of us waiting... the Ford tracking site updated my order over this week-end to show a delivery date from 09-01-19 to 08-21-19.
That's only ten days sooner, but I'll take that as good news as it relates to the prior delays.
Interesting update. I just checked mine. It went from an ETA of 9/11 to 9/1. Can it be? Can all of those material holds be done? I won't get my hopes up. The way this has gone, it wouldn't surprise me if I got a call tomorrow and was told production has been stopped. The first thing I was wondering if Labor Day can be a possibility? Let's hang in there and see what happens!

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Interesting... Both of ours reduced by 10 days on the same week-end.
I will keep this thread up to date with my order.
Let us know if yours changes as well.
I ordered mine on 4-29-19... When did you place your order?

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Interesting... Both of ours reduced by 10 days on the same week-end.
I will keep this thread up to date with my order.
Let us know if yours changes as well.
I ordered mine on 4-29-19... When did you place your order?

Good Morning,

I ordered mine on 3/11/19. The key will be to see if the build date changed. I will call today. Mine was originally scheduled for a build week of 8/5. Would be nice if that also moved now that all the materials are in stock. I am learning daily though, until the thing is at my dealer, anything is possible! Good luck and lets see where this goes.

Sponsored

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The tracker worked for me in the beginning. I had ordered it in March and had a delivery date of 5/29 which was pretty close to when it was supposed to arrive. However, once all the issue of Ford holing the vehicle from being delivered to the dealership, things have gone dark. When it put my VIN into the tracking website, the only thing I get is "No matching VIN found, please check with your dealer for status on your vehicle." Now it just aggravates me every time I try and check.

I called Ford Customer Service today, the person I got was not very helpful at all. She couldn't provide me anymore insight into what's going on and only told me to follow up with my dealership. I'm trying to be patient, but it's running out with every week that goes by and the car sits. If someone could just give me a straight answer to what's the deal at least then I might understand, but not knowing is really aggravating me.

Is Ford flying one person around the country to all these lots to check each GT350 one at a time? Cause that's what it seems like for how long this has been taking.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The tracker worked for me in the beginning. I had ordered it in March and had a delivery date of 5/29 which was pretty close to when it was supposed to arrive. However, once all the issue of Ford holing the vehicle from being delivered to the dealership, things have gone dark. When it put my VIN into the tracking website, the only thing I get is "No matching VIN found, please check with your dealer for status on your vehicle." Now it just aggravates me every time I try and check.

I called Ford Customer Service today, the person I got was not very helpful at all. She couldn't provide me anymore insight into what's going on and only told me to follow up with my dealership. I'm trying to be patient, but it's running out with every week that goes by and the car sits. If someone could just give me a straight answer to what's the deal at least then I might understand, but not knowing is really aggravating me.

Is Ford flying one person around the country to all these lots to check each GT350 one at a time? Cause that's what it seems like for how long this has been taking.
If mine comes in on schedule before yours arrives due to the timing of when you placed your order and when the "issues" started I purpose the following:
Ford should provide life time oil changes on their GT350 to the folks whose vehicle sat in limbo waiting on their repairs to be corrected.
Ford Corporate could reimburse the Dealers for the parts/labor.
This monetary gesture (fractions of a fraction of a percent in annual profit) would help keep the Ford loyalist, well... loyal.
I know some folks at Ford keeps tabs on the forums & I hope they read this one.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I'm afraid thats most likely wishful thinking (hope I'm wrong) Ford just like most of the other manufacturers have no loyalty to the customer. They will turn it around to that they are doing you a favor by making sure you have a superior produced vehicle by holding them back to fix any problem they find and correct it.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It doesn't quite work that way as there are 3 sets of separate chassis numbers for each MY (except for the 2015MY) and for the 2018MY namely JXXX, JRXXX and PPXXX.

There were 4378 total cars built at the FRAP for the 2018MY and of those 4378 cars assembled there were 3745 GT350's 633 R models built.

To suggest that the last chassis number for the 2018 GT350's was J3745 and the last R model chassis number was JR633 would be incorrect based on the fact that Ford also built 21 pre-production units which were included in the above production numbers.

With all of those 21 pre-production units carrying a unique chassis plate number (and also VIN sequence numbers) namely "PP001 to PP021" it is anyone's guess as to the last regular GT350 chassis number and the last R model chassis number based on the fact that Ford did not break down the exact number of pre-production GT350's versus pre-production R's for those 21 cars.

:sunglasses:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Not a silly question at all but no the vin does not correlate to the chassis number. The chassis number is the sequential number assigned to Shelby GT350's.
Actually the 2015MY cars did have the VIN and chassis numbers to correlate with each other but once the 2016MY cars came that scenario went out the window.

The last 3 numbers of the VIN for the 2015MY cars became the chassis number for each car starting with F0001 right through to F0137. The example shown is of course for chassis number "F0077".

The closest that I have seen after the 2015MY cars is where chassis number "HR001" (rare Base R model) that had a VIN which ended with "003" and as you can see from the build date and VIN sequence this was probably the earliest production 2017 GT350/R that was built and supposedly was built for Jamal Hameedi in February 2016.

Note the unique VIN sequence that is assigned to all GT350/R pre-production cars.

This cool car resides with a great friend of mine in Georgia.

:wink:
DSCF2433.JPG
DSCF2179.JPG
DSCF2202.JPG
DSCF2197.JPG
DSCF2212.JPG
Sponsored