Why the delay in 2019 GT350 arrivals?

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
It doesn't quite work that way as there are 3 sets of separate chassis numbers for each MY (except for the 2015MY) and for the 2018MY namely JXXX, JRXXX and PPXXX.

There were 4378 total cars built at the FRAP for the 2018MY and of those 4378 cars assembled there were 3745 GT350's 633 R models built.

To suggest that the last chassis number for the 2018 GT350's was J3745 and the last R model chassis number was JR633 would be incorrect based on the fact that Ford also built 21 pre-production units which were included in the above production numbers.

With all of those 21 pre-production units carrying a unique chassis plate number (and also VIN sequence numbers) namely "PP001 to PP021" it is anyone's guess as to the last regular GT350 chassis number and the last R model chassis number based on the fact that Ford did not break down the exact number of pre-production GT350's versus pre-production R's for those 21 cars.

:sunglasses:

Wow, thanks very much! Great info!!!!
Sponsored

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
So I received my GT350 owner's supplement package the other day which was cool, wasn't expecting that. I guess Ford assumes I actually have the vehicle, which would be nice right about now. Ugh!

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
So I received my GT350 owner's supplement package the other day which was cool, wasn't expecting that. I guess Ford assumes I actually have the vehicle, which would be nice right about now. Ugh!
How did they get your address?

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Back to topic ...

No progress for me, have others seen their unicorn ?

Sponsored

J-Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Ford Performance Blue K1992
Back to topic ...

YES! Ordered 4/2, Blend Date 6/7, Build Date 6/10, Body Shop 6/12, Released 6/17, Shipped 6/21, 6/27 Currently passing through Lacrosse, Wisconsin heading to Portland, OR!

My dealer only received (1) 2019 GT350 allocation and actually bought my allocation build from a smaller dealer in the mid-west. Luck just happened to be on my side for this one...drop shipping to Portland. ETA 7/5-7/9. I can't sleep, LOL!

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Awesome! I was told they were remediating cars at the factory first, then cars waiting at the transfer locations.

Happy for you but unbelievably frustrated that my car that was produced 6 weeks ago languishes in a parking lot.

This is absolutely absurd.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Back to topic ...

None here. Vehicle was released for shipment over 3 weeks ago and it is still sitting in Flat Rock. Not sure why Ford Performance couldn’t give me a straight answer either. They said it was odd that the vehicle was sitting for all this time. A little concerned that something happened to the vehicle and that is the reason it is sitting. Wife ordered a Lincoln and it sustained $15K of hail damage at the rail yard and Lincoln was still going to deliver the vehicle after it was repaired.

Patience is running low after waiting over 3 months for this vehicle to be delivered.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well my luck has changed, my car FINALLY shipped. No delivery date yet.

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I haven't seen it, but spoke to my sale rep a few days ago. He told me that there is no longer a "hold" on my vehicle and that it should be shipped to the dealership at some point soon. They were told it was being held for a final inspection that was missed at the factory. I'm not holding my breath though, tracking website still doesn't work for me, and how long does it really take once the hold is off to get to the dealership. It's in my state, about 2 hours away. Hell, I'll pay for a flat bed to go pick it up! Still waiting....

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
The tracker(s) are not updated on a regular basis apparently.
I had posted earlier that my Shelby went from ETA of 09-01 to 08-21 based on the on-line tracker(s).
I just called my dealer to request no wash or clean-up of the vehicle. He indicated that their computer is now showing ETA week of 08-05.
I had been checking the following:

https://trackmymustang.com/checkvin?vin=
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

Both of the links above still show an ETA 2 weeks later than the dealers daily update that he gets from Ford... I did not ask him when his update changed to the week of the 5th.

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I just spoke with my dealer and the vehicle I ordered is in Ohio. If all goes well it may be delivered by the end of next week.

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Happy for your progress folks.

Ordered my car February 14th.

Still on hold.

Any one want an orange fury R? Kidding but I am not far from total frustration.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Happy for your progress folks.

Ordered my car February 14th.

Still on hold.

Any one want an orange fury R? Kidding but I am not far from total frustration.
Mine was ordered in March and was just put into order process with a built week of 8/5 and an ETA of 9/1. I don't believe either. I was further told that the reason mine was on hold for so long was there was an allocation issue. The allocation was secured at the time of order, but then it was lost to something else. I hate to say it, I would go to the dealer, stand in the showroom and demand to see any and all paperwork on the order. This sounds like a questionable allocation for it to be on hold this long and it may need the area rep to intervene. What is up with Ford? I have never experienced, and will never again, a process such as this.

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The car actually exists and is sitting in a parking lot being used as target practice for the flying poop nationals. Shifter issue is the excuse which is very likely the issue but the handling of this as a field issue to fixed by dispatched teams is comical.

I have a vin and they have my deposit and the ability to handle the remediation with as little customer focus as possible. In this regard they have exceeded expectations.
Sponsored