Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
This is in Massachusetts.............
I guess I could tell you a few 1970s vintage stories about my loud 66 Chevelle and my louder 69 Camaro being a regular target of MDC cops, Dedham cops and Registry cops, but that might be boring....lol
Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
I am not sure how the timing actually is set but a policeman told me it is typically one second per ten miles per hour posted on the sign. Another thing he said is if you are beyond the start of the solid dividing line where both lanes come to a stop then you will not blow the red light if doing the speed limit.
Again, this is to be taken with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I guess I could tell you a few 1970s vintage stories about my loud 66 Chevelle and my louder 69 Camaro being a regular target of MDC cops, Dedham cops and Registry cops, but that might be boring....lol
I had to deal with the MDC cops when my car was stolen from Mem Drive back in 1980. What a bunch of assholes. I had an uncle who was a Lt in the State Police who was livid when they folded the MDC cops into the MSP. Every Statie though they were all a bunch of overweight useless hacks.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I am not sure how the timing actually is set but a policeman told me it is typically one second per ten miles per hour posted on the sign. Another thing he said is if you are beyond the start of the solid dividing line where both lanes come to a stop then you will not blow the red light if doing the speed limit.
Again, this is to be taken with a grain of salt.
Oh, I didn't think the 4 seconds was short, and it's appropriate for the speed in question. Had I been going straight I would have been fully clear of the intersection. But, as I was making a turn, had to I slow down a fair amount.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I didn't think the 4 seconds was short, and it's appropriate for the speed in question. Had I been going straight I would have been fully clear of the intersection. But, as I was making a turn, had to I slow down a fair amount.
I am definitely not against your explanation. And the video will not play for some reason. I will try on a pc at some point. I have a vantru cam in my truck and use at least a gopro when I cruise.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I am definitely not against your explanation. And the video will not play for some reason. I will try on a pc at some point. I have a vantru cam in my truck and use at least a gopro when I cruise.
It was yellow.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I also run a dash cam, front and rear facing, just to have backup to my story if and when I need to face a judge. I’ve had multiple close calls with one jackwagon nearly tearing my front bumper off merging into my lane. Thankfully I was paying attention and was leery of his driving behavior.
May want to consider upgrading that camera setup, the night vision capabilities of today’s cameras is light years ahead of your example.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I also run a dash cam, front and rear facing, just to have backup to my story if and when I need to face a judge. I’ve had multiple close calls with one jackwagon nearly tearing my front bumper off merging into my lane. Thankfully I was paying attention and was leery of his driving behavior.
May want to consider upgrading that camera setup, the night vision capabilities of today’s cameras is light years ahead of your example.
What do you all suggest as a good dash cam? Considering getting one now that I‘m back in the office on a more regular basis

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
I received my first ticket in Dedham coming up the hill on Washington St. after the greenhouse that was there in 1981.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What do you all suggest as a good dash cam? Considering getting one now that I‘m back in the office on a more regular basis
I run a Blackvue DR900X 2-ch but there are others out there. Check out Vortex Radar on YouTube, he covers a lot of dash cams.

Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
This is why.

The 60s and 70s soundtrack is on the house.
Is the camera hardwired at the mirror? Is there a sticker telling anyone they are being recorded?
What county in Mass.? I am in Norfolk county.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I'm laffin my head off here, wondering if anyone else remembered MDC cops or what gonad busters the Dedham cops could be.:crackup:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I doubt he would have really given you a ticket, but that's kind of hilarious his cruiser got smacked while messing with you. Clearly just a false pretense to check you out. I hate when cops do this type of stuff, but there's really nothing to do about it or any reason to get upset. Had he actually ticketed you, this would have been super trivial to fight with this footage. Just send it to a traffic lawyer and never think about it again.