Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Yes, and you started going on about the ZL1 being better, when I was never talking about the ZL1. I still stand by my statement though about the Mustang being a better car. I'd take a base Ecoboost former rental over a brand new loaded ZL1.
:facepalm::facepalm:

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the Mach 1 cost $15 grand less and had comparable performance to an SS 1LE, I would trade in for one. Some prioritize performance over looks, some donā€™t.

Iā€™ll wait for a supercharged C8 Corvette and see how it compares to a GT 500. We already know the Shelby looks a hell of a lot better. I suspect that will be enough to outweigh the performance advantage the Vette will likely have.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As it currently looks, with the current transmission options, I would buy a loaded GT 500 over a Blackwing Vette if they cost the same.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Last edited:

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I am surprised That the Mustang PP1 is now a $6300 upgrade. You get pretty much nothing for the $ vs. the $7k for the 1 LE which turns it into a true track car. I love the Mustang. I just don't see any value in these packages.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I am surprised That the Mustang PP1 is now a $6300 upgrade. You get pretty much nothing for the $ vs. the $7k for the 1 LE which turns it into a true track car. I love the Mustang. I just don't see any value in these packages.
The PP was a great value way back when. I think the current price better reflects what actually in the package. As far as valueā€¦ā€¦.

A5E26DDD-DA8E-41C9-A5FE-80FEE242712D.jpeg

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
while I respect most other auto brands.....I'm just partial to Fords
The thought just never crossed my mind for anything but a Mustang.........
still not crossing my mind :crackup:
Before I placed the order for the gtcs I was looking at everything mustang back to S197s and newer. Couldnā€™t believe the price for older stangs with lots of miles that would need work. Already have that project and it was free šŸ˜ I can understand paying for a gen 1 but not 05 and up. Still didnā€™t cross my mind to buy a Chevy šŸ˜‚ just my heavily biased Ford mindset

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Before I placed the order for the gtcs I was looking at everything mustang back to S197s and newer. Couldnā€™t believe the price for older stangs with lots of miles that would need work. Already have that project and it was free šŸ˜ I can understand paying for a gen 1 but not 05 and up. Still didnā€™t cross my mind to buy a Chevy šŸ˜‚ just my heavily biased Ford mindset
I have this 2014 CS sitting in the garage with 9k miles on it.

GT Swamp.jpg

turbopk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pk
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT AT
Usually when someone says something like this they haven't driven a ZL1 - it's the complete performance package for a good price. There's multiple stock ZL1s in the 10.9X on Camaro6. And there's multiple ZL1s trapping 127+ mph:

Stock ZL1:
10.94 @ 128.3 mph
10.99 @ 129.0 mph
11.10 @ 127.9 mph
11.27 @ 125.9 mph
There's another one down the list that went only 11.58 sec. but trapped 128.0 mph

Sure, you could buy a GT and boost it and run 10s. What would you have? A new GT without a drivetrain warranty that might outrun a stock ZL1 in the 1/4 mile. In EVERY other performance metric, that GT would get destroyed by a ZL1: Handling, grip, braking, steering feel, composure, drivetrain ruggedness (stronger trans, etc.), and top speed (just because). And good luck trying to keep up with a ZL1 on a back road in a boosted GT.

The ZL1 is very good at everything, performance-wise, and comes fully loaded (w/ heated/cooled electric Recaros - not something that can be found in a Mustang). A ZL1 runs with a Hellcat in a straight line and beats a GT350R around a track. A boosted GT is a one trick pony. A GT500 is very good at everything also (although less grip than a ZL1), but a lot more money (and 250 lbs heavier).

I had a 2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1 A10 w/ MagneRide; I'd rather have my stock ZL1 than my (former) GT boosted to 750 hp. The ZL1 is that much better overall. Yeah, you can see out of the Mustang better, but, whatever. :sunglasses:
I have driven a ZL1, it was a 2018 maybe the 21 is different but I was not impressed for the price tag. The horrible blind spots, how heavy the car feels( I don't like FAT CHICKS!) I drove a Challenger Hellcat too and eh nope, can't do a fatty!
Bang for buck, a Corvette( Only Chevy i would ever own) makes sense to me.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I find it funny how this is MUSTANG forum and guys are defending a Camaro! Wtf šŸ™„
Take a look at some of the new threads on here. I think we are all bored to death waiting for information on the S650.

Of course, maybe we need another manual vs. auto thread! :facepalm: :crackup::like:

turbopk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pk
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT AT
That I believe, and I wouldn't blame you. My biggest gripe with the styling is that it doesn't look like anything, but manages to look like everything. From a distance I've mistaken C8's for a McLaren, an NSX, and a Ferrari. You would think that's a compliment, but it's because the car has nothing going one to distinguish it from every other mid-engine car on the road.

That motor is really cool though.
I agree 100% first time I saw a C8 I was like hmm new Mclaren, New Ferrari..

From my understanding hardcore Vet fan boys hate the C8 because it screams EURO!

I would like to drive one.

But being a previous MKIV Supra owner, I hated the MKV Supra( BMW): 2020+ but then it grew on me. But after driving one, I was not a fan its for smaller guys. I fit perfectly in an MKIV. MKV looks cool though.