Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I used to only buy from GM. Never again.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Another reason I didn't get a Camaro: I was on my way out of a restaurant with takeout the other day, and in drives this ASSWIPE in a banana yellow Camaro with a ridiculously loud exhaust. So, what does he do? BACKS IN to a space that just opened up right in front of the entrance. There were people standing around waiting for their orders, and even a kid in a stroller. So what does this asswipe do? Feathers his fucking clutch while stabbing the gas slowly backing in, BLASTING his fucking exhaust right into the crowd no more than 5 feet away.

I even yelled out, "DO WE REALLY NEED THAT?". I know he heard me as he looked over. I had a bunch of food and wasn't going to get into it with this assclown and just kept walking.

He gets out, typical douche, anorexic Limp Bizkit wannabe with one of those ball caps with huge duckbill lids, as he shuts his door, he blows out a HUGE cloud of that vape shit... I'm just thinking, typical, just fucking typical...

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I can't wait to visit Australia and finally experience a proper meat pie.
Therein lies a challenge as every town has 5 places (get one from a bakery not a store unless you like culinary misadventures) advertising 'Best pies in Australia' but let me tell you it's often self proclaimed and hence no recommendation. Nailing the proper combination of pastry texture and quality/consistency of filling is paramount as either/or doesn't cut it. Only after consuming a dozen or so will the Jedi recognise a good one. The road is long and worth it but there will be potholes. Perhaps most importantly, unless you want to sustain serious burns to your nether regions don't eat one while driving. Many experience this - even multiple times - as it's easy to get taken in by the rigid little pie casing, so convenient and easy to hold in one hand, but trust me it knows when you eat 1/4" past half way and that casing will instantly adopt the consistency of a paper towel full of water just before dumping its contents into your lap.

Kangaroo
Meat pie
Lahst of the vee aight intaceptahs
:crackup: indeed, and it fits (and was a Ford).

'and mi a bee-ah. Yah 'roo pai 'z goot eetn
That's not bad! But no one uses roo meat for pies much, it typically goes into pet food. We have a strange relationship with the animals on our national crest is that we are, I think, the only nation that eats them.

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Had a 6th gen ZL1 pass by me going the other way after work today.
Second time I had seen one in person. Pretty bad ass looking.

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
I can't wait to visit Australia and finally experience a proper meat pie.
I finally found the best meat pie Ever!! From a little shop in the rear car park of High st Penrith. Been back twice and it keeps exceeding my expectations. Drop us a line when you arrive and ill shout ya one mate.

Heritagedave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023, Mach 1, Premium, Manual, Fighter Jet Gray
I have owned four Mustang Gt in my life [1969, 2007, 2017 and now 2020].

By far my 2020 is the best Mustang to date.
I did look and drive a couple 2021 Camaro SS before I bought my 2020 Mustang and I like them.
They are very nice cars, they looked great, ran great, sounded great and their prices are comparable.
Why dint I buy the Camaro over the Mustang?

I think it's because my Great-aunt that owned a 1965 Mustang V8.
I remember my aunt picking up my mom, sister and I on the weekends during the late 60's to take us from our house in San Francisco to her house in Marin County, driving over the Golden Gate Bridge and around town.
It's funny because at the time I really dint know anything about the Mustang car being only 7 years old, the car stood out as just being a really fun car to be in.
My aunt LOVED her Mustang and kept her car until early 1990's.
I must have fallen in love with her car as well during these times, I just dint realize what that car meant to me until later in life.
I bought the Mustang because of my memoirs and love for the car. I really can't explain it, it's like itā€™s imprinted in my DNA, this being said I also just love the car.
When I have sat in my other mustangs that I have own including my aunt Mustang, they all feel the same to me. It's like an old friend. Even looking over the hood from the driverā€™s seat, it looks all so familiar.
For me it just all comes down to that there is too much history with the mustang and Ford just made a great little car.

Heritage Dave -

Last edited:

Bandi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Main reason why I didn't want a Camaro because my family is all Chevy and there are about four or five Camaros between my two uncles and my grandfather not to mention two or three Corvettes. They're the older first - third gen cars but nonetheless, they're in the family. My uncle owns a '10 SS and the visibility in that thing is terrible.

Another main reason is because I liked how well the Coyote engine responds to boost. Not sure if I'm going to go that route with my car, but knowing that I could - relatively easily - get to 800HP+ with boost and E85 (obviously with supporting mods as well) was truly a selling point.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
What does IROC stand for.....Iā€™m Irish.

EZ-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eliam
Vehicle(s)
Whipple charged 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted a V8 muscle/Pony car.
Wanted a Convertible so forget the Challenger
Wanted a back seat for my 7 year old son so forget the Corvette.
Wanted a trunk that can hold a few groceries so forget the Convertible Camaro

Would have went for the GT350 but no convertible option, so the Mustang GT checked all my boxes.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
been a Ford guy since before i could drive....

whatā€™s a camero?