Sponsored

Who's running 275/40/19 Square?

SMUAlien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sorry to resurrect an older thread..

I am running 275/40/19s on my lowered 2018 Base GT. I have Steeda Progressive springs (555-8210) with the LMR SVE S350 wheels (19x10, +40mm offset), and adjustable camber plates. I have quite a bit of rubbing. I keep removing the wheels to see where it's rubbing and I can't seem to locate it. I put 5mm hub centric spacers in the front and it seemed to make no difference in the rubbing. At this point, I think maybe the Steeda Progressive springs lower the car too much and I am searching for an alternative. I've been driving in this configuration for quite some time and initially when setup like this it didn't rub (for like a year), now past few months it rubs quite a bit. I am not sure if I have a bushing that wore our (I did clock them), or what. I am considering the Pedders eXtreme XA Coil-Over kit as a remedy, but maybe just going to 285/35/19 would be better? Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Why not put all your data into a tire calculator and see how tire sizes change the positioning ?

my favorite is :
https://www.tire-size-calculator.info/

You can enter wheel offset and spacer dimensions as well and see how things change from two setup or compared to stock. Unfortunately, it doesn’t do spring and suspension changes but it could at least give you an idea

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to resurrect an older thread..

I am running 275/40/19s on my lowered 2018 Base GT. I have Steeda Progressive springs (555-8210) with the LMR SVE S350 wheels (19x10, +40mm offset), and adjustable camber plates. I have quite a bit of rubbing. I keep removing the wheels to see where it's rubbing and I can't seem to locate it. I put 5mm hub centric spacers in the front and it seemed to make no difference in the rubbing. At this point, I think maybe the Steeda Progressive springs lower the car too much and I am searching for an alternative. I've been driving in this configuration for quite some time and initially when setup like this it didn't rub (for like a year), now past few months it rubs quite a bit. I am not sure if I have a bushing that wore our (I did clock them), or what. I am considering the Pedders eXtreme XA Coil-Over kit as a remedy, but maybe just going to 285/35/19 would be better? Anyone have any ideas?
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure 275/40r19 typically fits on lowered cars. Those tires are larger than stock diameter by about 1/2 inch, but I've seen people on here running 28" diameter tires claiming no rubbing with Eibach Sportlines. Given they didn't rub at first but now they do seems to suggest something in your suspension changed. Or since you can't find exactly where it's rubbing, could it be some other problem that feels like rubbing but is not?

SMUAlien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure 275/40r19 typically fits on lowered cars. Those tires are larger than stock diameter by about 1/2 inch, but I've seen people on here running 28" diameter tires claiming no rubbing with Eibach Sportlines. Given they didn't rub at first but now they do seems to suggest something in your suspension changed. Or since you can't find exactly where it's rubbing, could it be some other problem that feels like rubbing but is not?
I hear a dull sorta whine/squeal sound, depending on the camber of the road. I can kinda steer out of it. I took it to the dealership, I don't think they did much but just replied "you're lowered, it's normal rubbing, don't worry about it." I really wasn't satisfied with this response.

When it happens too I feel like the steering wheel tries to straighten out sorta. It's very strange.

Thanks for the replies all. I guess I need to find a real performance shop or something nearby instead of a dealership.

-Richard

Sponsored

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Im 275 40 19 lowered on bmr sp080

If you put spacers on the rear it's going to poke out and probably look weird. These 10 inch wheels are perfectly flushed on my car. No rubbing

20190703_214557.jpg
what made you go with 275/40 vs 285/35?

Albertcado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd
Im 275 40 19 lowered on bmr sp080

If you put spacers on the rear it's going to poke out and probably look weird. These 10 inch wheels are perfectly flushed on my car. No rubbing

20190703_214557.jpg
does this sizing throw off your speedometer?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a winter set of 275/35R19 but the wheel's offsets match closely to what my PP2 OEMs have and I have no issues if that helps. Yeah, I know these are a little smaller and probably move farther out (OEM offset Fr: 24, Rr: 48). The VMR 710 I install for my winters are offset Fr: 22, Rr: 45

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I have been running 275/40R19 square on LMR SVE 19"x10" rims with no issues lowered a little with Ford Track Pack pension.
Thank you for this info. I have the identical setup, and looking to go to a 275/40 from a 35. You confirmed for me there won't be any issue. Appreciate it.