Sponsored

Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
An easier way to fix the lack of low rpm grunt...
The modern 5.0 does not lack low end grunt. I’ve already posted dyno curves proving it has more low-end torque than current truck motors and old big blocks. If you actually drove one, you might know this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The modern 5.0 does not lack low end grunt. I’ve already posted dyno curves proving it has more low-end torque than current truck motors and old big blocks. If you actually drove one, you might know this.

To me it felt like it lacked grunt. This is a subjective thing. I’ll post a link below.

Regardless, a hybrid motor would improve acceleration with better traction than putting more power through the rear wheels and the instant torque will make the car more aggressive at low rpm.

F1 motors are made this way and I’ll post a link for you to understand the concept...

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139357/massa-v8s-not-as-good-as-current-f1-engines

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.macmillandictionary.com/amp/dictionary/british/subjective

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
To me it felt like it lacked grunt. This is a subjective thing....
1. You didn’t drive the current version.
2. You didn’t even floor it.
3. Why post subjective remarks on a subject that is clearly objective?

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
3. Why post subjective remarks on a subject that is clearly objective?

Look at it this way...

Ford gave the V6 Mustang the anti-hype campaign as they wanted people to buy the I4 turbo. The way they made it sound, a snail moving backward was faster than the V6. So I had low expectations but it was better than the Hyundai Elantra I was supposed to buy. In every way that car exceeded my expectations including acceleration.

The reverse was true for the GT. They hyped up that car so much the real thing failed to live up to the expectations when you pressed the accelerator for the first time. I really expected neck snapping acceleration and didn’t get it. I’m sure I’m not the only one and dynongraphs have nothing to do with it. The immediacy of electric motors would add that snap most effectively in my mind. Far better than straining a motor that is already maxed out. I suppose this train of thought makes me some sort of idiot in your eyes - thus you can appreciate my desire for the big block alternative - touché!

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Ford gave the V6 Mustang the anti-hype campaign as they wanted people to buy the I4 turbo. The way they made it sound, a snail moving backward was faster than the V6.
This is the sort of thing that doesn't sound right at all. You linked to all sorts of senseless stuff before, but then go on to post something like the above, but with no source/link/proof.

The reverse was true for the GT. They hyped up that car so much the real thing failed to live up to the expectations when you pressed the accelerator for the first time. I really expected neck snapping acceleration and didn’t get it.
I refer to my prior points that:

Far better than straining a motor that is already maxed out.
Who's straining a motor that's already "maxed out"??? You seem to be referring to the 460 hp 5.0, but that doesn't make any sense because the modular v8 has already been offered in 500, 526, 550, 660, and 700++ hp versions.

I suppose this train of thought makes me some sort of idiot in your eyes - thus you can appreciate my desire for the big block alternative - touché!
I never questioned or doubted your desire for a big block. Where you go off the rails is when you try to address the technical aspects of the engine.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Ford needs to offer the 7.3 as the Anti Tech package.
Stripper interior.
Brake rotors that allow for 15 inch rims.
10 speed auto.
6 speed Tremec

This Mustang would sell like crazy.
Just ask any drag racer.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This is the sort of thing that doesn't sound right at all. You linked to all sorts of senseless stuff before, but then go on to post something like the above, but with no source/link/proof.

I refer to my prior points that:

Who's straining a motor that's already "maxed out"??? You seem to be referring to the 460 hp 5.0, but that doesn't make any sense because the modular v8 has already been offered in 500, 526, 550, 660, and 700++ hp versions.

I never questioned or doubted your desire for a big block. Where you go off the rails is when you try to address the technical aspects of the engine.

Here is an idea.

Try something new.

What you are really doing here is trying to control thought into a form you have some competence in. In this way you have a measure of control. Keeping things to technicality, to science, logic, reason. If I come up with more visceral reasons they are not even addressed. You pick parts out of my posts and expect me to address those while others simply make posts about what they want to talk about. If they don’t place any value in my posts they simply ignore them. The only reason I can see for this obsession is a philosophical challenge to the presumed authority you placed on your value system. A value system to which I probably placed some seed of doubt. So you defend it in this way.

I suggest you take up an art class like sculpting. Maybe with clay. Immerse yourself in what you do not know. Then come back to your usual world and you will better understand the strengths and limitations of it. So art class on the weekend. I’m just some guy having fun on a car enthusiast forum. I’m no threat to anyone.

People use facts and figures to justify a political agenda. They pick and chose what to bring up for a reason. They always want to be right. But there are forms of thought where being right is of no real importance. Try that out for a change. Expand your mind!

Sculpture in clay!

http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20161111-why-car-designers-stick-with-clay

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Here is an idea.

Try something new.

What you are really doing here is trying to control thought into a form you have some competence in. In this way you have a measure of control. Keeping things to technicality, to science, logic, reason. If I come up with more visceral reasons they are not even addressed. You pick parts out of my posts and expect me to address those while others simply make posts about what they want to talk about. If they don’t place any value in my posts they simply ignore them. The only reason I can see for this obsession is a philosophical challenge to the presumed authority you placed on your value system. A value system to which I probably placed some seed of doubt. So you defend it in this way.

I suggest you take up an art class like sculpting. Maybe with clay. Immerse yourself in what you do not know. Then come back to your usual world and you will better understand the strengths and limitations of it. So art class on the weekend. I’m just some guy having fun on a car enthusiast forum. I’m no threat to anyone.

People use facts and figures to justify a political agenda. They pick and chose what to bring up for a reason. They always want to be right. But there are forms of thought where being right is of no real importance. Try that out for a change. Expand your mind!

Sculpture in clay!
Well I'm right about the 7.3 and the Mustang......at least in my world.

Coyotestang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 3.73
Ford would be crazy not to use this new 7.3 in a Mustang special edition obviously with aluminum block and heads with a few other hp goodies (cam) when going from truck duty. Come on Ford just do it!

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ford would be crazy not to use this new 7.3 in a Mustang special edition obviously with aluminum block and heads with a few other hp goodies (cam) when going from truck duty. Come on Ford just do it!
No, Ford would be crazy to, for some reason, invest loads of money into a downgraded car that'll cost more and sell... well, according to this thread... 3 copies.

Just face it, putting this engine in a Mustang would be absolutely idiotic. I understand it would be "different", but "different" is not synonymous with "good". All you guys want is that big number to swing your nuts around about "SEVEN POINT THREE LITERS!!!!" while getting your peepee slapped by a stock coyote that cost $15k less.

I don't give a fuck about your emotional connection. The conversation is whether or not it is a feasible swap. You can like it all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that it would be a garbage engine for a sports car

/thread

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
No, Ford would be crazy to, for some reason, invest loads of money into a downgraded car that'll cost more and sell... well, according to this thread... 3 copies.

Just face it, putting this engine in a Mustang would be absolutely idiotic. I understand it would be "different", but "different" is not synonymous with "good". All you guys want is that big number to swing your nuts around about "SEVEN POINT THREE LITERS!!!!" while getting your peepee slapped by a stock coyote that cost $15k less.

I don't give a fuck about your emotional connection. The conversation is whether or not it is a feasible swap. You can like it all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that it would be a garbage engine for a sports car

/thread
Ford would sell as many as they can build.
There is a reason why this generation is among the worse selling in the history of the Mustang.

They abandoned their fan base.

Other forums back me and Fatguy 100%

The Chevy camp over at Yellow Bullet even agree.

The Mustang needs to return to it's roots.
The 7.3 is how it could get there.

People are already ls LS swapping the S550 instead of working with the displacement limited and overly complex Coyote.
As for the Coyote, complexity is going to get far worse.
This will make LS swapping even more attractive.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Sales Results - USA - Mustang
Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Total
2018 4,732 5,800 8,632 7,125 8,739 7,400 5,934 7,487 5,770 4,924 4,907 4,392 75,842
2017 5,046 8,298 9,120 8,063 7,895 6,186 6,206 5,535 5,847 5,236 6,720 7,714 81,866
2016 7,580 9,993 12,563 12,726 10,327 9,776 9,565 8,299 6,429 5,414 6,196 7,064 105,932
2015 8,694 8,454 12,663 13,144 13,616 11,719 8,482 9,997 9,456 10,096 7,286 8,742 122,349
2014 3,881 6,410 9,305 7,243 9,761 7,631 6,564 5,878 3,158 4,565 8,728 9,511 82,635
mustang-years-sold-numbers.jpg
Sponsored