Not open for further replies.

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
I am a pillar in the sarcastic community… I blame work.
Sponsored

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Oil change due in a couple of weeks, local dealer didn't have any in stock. My order is on the way.
Thanks @Tomster!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
After talking oil filters with my local ford parts guy, he advised me the shortage on oil filters should be over relatively soon.

After looking through his ford inventory program, he said ford is shipping 20,000 filters to the US this month, 5,000 this week. He said pre-Covid they would go through 6 a week…. They have 24 on order that’ll arrive next week, or the week after, then ford has promised regular shipments after that.

He also said that ford put a note in the system saying the oil filter is obsolete, but there’s no superseding part number of explanation, so he said there’s a possibility a parts # change is coming with a revision.

Sponsored

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
After talking oil filters with my local ford parts guy, he advised me the shortage on oil filters should be over relatively soon.

After looking through his ford inventory program, he said ford is shipping 20,000 filters to the US this month, 5,000 this week. He said pre-Covid they would go through 6 a week…. They have 24 on order that’ll arrive next week, or the week after, then ford has promised regular shipments after that.

He also said that ford put a note in the system saying the oil filter is obsolete, but there’s no superseding part number of explanation, so he said there’s a possibility a parts # change is coming with a revision.
I'll bet the parts number change reflects "No O-rings included"... :cwl:

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Must be. My local dealer is stocked to the brim on filters and o-rings. I did grab a couple just in case, even though Ford's price is double what Rock Auto's was.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you very much sir! 2 ordered.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My local dealer also reached out to me to see if I needed any filters.

I'm glad to see it all worked out for everyone.

I reached out to Don a few days ago and he said he had a few left. I thank everyone for not hoarding them and giving everyone a chance to get one or two until the problem was fixed.

In the mean time, I have some extras if someone needs one during the transition.

Last edited:

cfradam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350 Ford Performance Blue W/Black Stripes
My local dealer also reached out to me to see if I needed any filters.

I'm glad to see it all worked out for everyone.

I reached out to Don a few days ago and he said he had a few left. I thank everyone for not hoarding them and giving everyone a chance to get one or two until the problem was fixed.

In the mean time, I have some extras if someone needs one during the transition.
I tried to order with the link but it wont let me. Can I get a couple from you Tom?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I tried to order with the link but it wont let me. Can I get a couple from you Tom?
I'll be happy to help with anyone who is in an emergency situation. Please exhaust all other methods first (ie call around to all your dealerships in your area). I'm away and won't be able to ship for a few weeks. One filter per person. (And I don't have o rings either).

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I had my oil changed at the dealership not too long before putting the car away for the winter, then recently got two filters that interestingly CAME with the O-rings, so looks like I tip-toed around this whole issue.

Question — why do people think they have to replace the canister with every oil change? Simply because it’s plastic?

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
I think the canister (because it’s plastic) can be a bit of a wear item over time. But there’s no reason to replace each time.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.