Sponsored

Who is running e85 from Lund?

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT
Would you say running flex tunr w/o the ethanol sensor can become dangerous due to such variation??
No. The flex tune is designed to handle all variations of ethanol, straight 93 to pure E85 and any blend between. It’s only an issue if you run the straight E85R tune where they are expecting at least a 79-80 percent and you are running say 60. Your octane rating of E85 is 104 but that’s with a good percentage of alcohol in the mix. With it down to say 50 your not going to get the 104 octane rating. The blend at 50 is half 87 octane pump gas and half alchohol. The straight E85 tune would be too aggressive with timing assuming it had that 104 octane blend.
Sponsored

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
I run an innovate motorsports ethanol sensor and their gauge. I use their gauge as strictly a controller that is mounted under the dash. I send it’s output analog 0-5v signal to the input signal point on the ngauge. Ngauge has a preset for a zetronix ethanol sensor. I use that setting for the innovate signal and it displays on my gauge. Works great. You can also buy an zetronix sensor and their controller as an option but they cost more. Innovate was the best price setup I found.
Resurrecting this one. Can you take the output directly from the Ethanol content sensor and input to the N Gauge or, is the companion Innovate gauge required to work?

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
Curious as well.
So, you need to output the signal from the innovate gauge. I've abandoned this idea. I really only use the ngauge for an easy method to swap tunes if I am out on a weekend and change fuel type due to availability.
Sponsored