Sponsored

Who hasn't scratched or nicked their front splitter yet?

Is your front splitter still ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Probably going to need one soon. For those that have replaced, anyone got a PN and a price ? How long did it take to get it ?
Sponsored

tom185

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I’ve had my car a few weeks and scratched mine today. Dropped my daughter off at school and scraped it at the bottom of a driveway. I was going slowly, but it still had a brief but audibly noticeable scrape. I checked it out later at home and a couple of the fasteners towards the front have the black paint scraped off but they aren’t that scarred or damaged. An area of the splitter has a scrape in the plastic too. I bet I could rub the scrape out with Novus #3 and #2 but I’m not going to bother. I think I will always try to be careful and try not to scrape it, but it’s probably going to happen a few mores times no matter how careful I am.

OP
OP

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I have found mine to be very durable. I scrape it all the time, no issues.
Thats my experience too. Hopefully its durable underneath as I've bottomed out a few times with one wham experience where the front is slightly gouged... this car is so much fun though and a war wound from spirited driving is a badge of honor imo.

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I did the same at first. Be careful - you can still hit, especially with the R. Without the splitter, the mounting points on the facia can be easily damaged. I bought a non-R splitter for mine and shelved my R splitter.

Where did you purchase the non-R splitter? I have a few scrapes but nothing major but I do want a replacement to put on stand-by incase it gets worse. I've looked the internet over with no luck.

gabroyes55.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 oxford white tech pack
After 1130 miles, this is what the bottom of my R looks like. You just really need to think about every place you're going to turn in and out of. I managed to scrape the bottom pulling into a driveway at a private residence. I ended up parking in the street. :doh:
Whoah we have the same scratches man, those aluminum screws, mine is already flattened by driving in and out of my apartments driveway, do you think ford sells those screws?. It hurts me everytime i heard it scratching lol..

Sponsored

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
If you aren't accustomed to driving lowered vehicles your front splitter (and your wallet), will pay.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Me, Was still in box when I got car and when asked told the dealership to leave it off. Unless you know these cars or track them (mine is a 2016 teck pkg.) no one even knows the difference plus I wanted the extra height.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Where did you purchase the non-R splitter? I have a few scrapes but nothing major but I do want a replacement to put on stand-by incase it gets worse. I've looked the internet over with no luck.

Autonation Ford white bear lake is where i will be getting mine soon. Great folks and best prices.
IMG_1564.jpg

Sponsored

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I got mine leaving the bank less than 24hrs after taking delivery :frusty: At least you can't see it unless you look under it I guess... I'm going to have to pick up a spare just in case!

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Well I decided to tackle adding the ZL1 add ons Splitter Guard Washers. These are designed for the ZL1/Z06 cars, but I thought they would work on our car as well and decided to give them a shot. I had given the splitter a couple minor scratches already and want it to last.

Initially I was dreading the install and drilling into the Carbon2Carbon R front splitter. With most DIY projects I expected it to take forever having to measure and mark out places to strategically place the washers, but once the car was up in the air I was pleasantly surprised

I heard the Carbon2Carbon products were a direct copy of the OEM molds, but I was never sure of that. When I got under the car I noticed that the factory locations where the OEM R splitter would normally have riveted washers was still there! These little nubs made it easy to reuse as drill locations for the new washers. The only down side was the kit comes with 15 washers, and you need 17 total to use in all the factory locations. Kudos to Carbon2Carbon for definitely having OEM quality parts.

15 minutes later I had the holes drilled and the washers fastened. Hardest part of the whole ordeal was getting the car on and off of the Race Ramps now that the R splitter affects the ground clearance angle.

[

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Well I decided to tackle adding the ZL1 add ons Splitter Guard Washers. These are designed for the ZL1/Z06 cars, but I thought they would work on our car as well and decided to give them a shot. I had given the splitter a couple minor scratches already and want it to last.

Initially I was dreading the install and drilling into the Carbon2Carbon R front splitter. With most DIY projects I expected it to take forever having to measure and mark out places to strategically place the washers, but once the car was up in the air I was pleasantly surprised

I heard the Carbon2Carbon products were a direct copy of the OEM molds, but I was never sure of that. When I got under the car I noticed that the factory locations where the OEM R splitter would normally have riveted washers was still there! These little nubs made it easy to reuse as drill locations for the new washers. The only down side was the kit comes with 15 washers, and you need 17 total to use in all the factory locations. Kudos to Carbon2Carbon for definitely having OEM quality parts.

15 minutes later I had the holes drilled and the washers fastened. Hardest part of the whole ordeal was getting the car on and off of the Race Ramps now that the R splitter affects the ground clearance angle.

[

The washers under my splitter are almost gone now after all the scapes. I wonder if I could replace them

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The washers under my splitter are almost gone now after all the scapes. I wonder if I could replace them
They are rivets designed to hold two pieces together, they have no protective purpose

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
They are rivets designed to hold two pieces together, they have no protective purpose
Oh no! What should I do? I don't want it to brake apart!
Sponsored