Sponsored

Who hasn't scratched or nicked their front splitter yet?

Is your front splitter still ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I've bottomed out at least 5-10 times usually with no visible scratches but this last time the front splitter got a nice little gouge in it.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
How about an option for heard it scrape a couple times but no visible scratches unless you lift the car up?

OP
OP

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
LOL. Yeah I've heard that so many times couldn't believe nothing visible. This last one was bad though. I mean nothing major but still BAM. And there's this nice gouge in it. No way I'm replacing it. I'll just get another scratch/chip/gouge again. It's my daily drive and too much fun not to enjoy it. Roads around here are definitely not perfect.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I don't see why Ford cannot install front cameras to prevent this--perhaps in the 2018 refresh?

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
So far none. Im afraid to put it on for that reason. One must be very picky in approaching a drive way ramp, and exiting. I often choose about a 45 deg approach and sometimes that helps.

Eventually I will install mine. I am comtemplating adding an alumimum skin to take the brunt. One still needs to be cautious so that damage to the front facia does not occur due to bottoming out the splitter.

The car is very low.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
[MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] added some sacrificial pieces to the underside of his.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Wanted Starbucks. Parked front-end in, big mistake. Nicked the lower portion of the bottom splitter. I took a knife and smoothed over the part that was nicked/gouged. But it was now flat, matte, and slightly lighter than the rest of the splitter.

I ended up get a sharpie and colored it in, and rubbed it in evenly with my fingers. To my surprise, it worked extremely well, and helped to match the original appearance/color. I recommend others who screwed up as I did, to try this out if the gouge isn't too deep.

I also now only back up into parking spots.

VoodooThomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Heard it scrape a few times but everything must be underneath. What can be seen looks perfect still.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I don't see why Ford cannot install front cameras to prevent this--perhaps in the 2018 refresh?
It's bad enough to hear the scrape but to put a camera in and have to watch it too!!! lol
All my scrapes are just from sharp inclines and such all underneath. I've had so many lower sitting cars I've just become habit to back into spots or stop well short of a curb.

Sponsored

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Maybe I will put some titanium pieces on it so that it will spark like a formula 1 car does! Lol

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
After 1130 miles, this is what the bottom of my R looks like. You just really need to think about every place you're going to turn in and out of. I managed to scrape the bottom pulling into a driveway at a private residence. I ended up parking in the street. :doh:
image.jpg

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
The front and sides of mine are still perfect. Underneath has a couple of scratches, but nothing bad.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Mine has quite a few battle scars. I'm impressed by how durable it is. I even killed a cone with it at the autocross without any major damage.

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am very careful about where I drive the car but inevitably I do scrape it fairly often, its just too low and I drive her at least 4 or 5 times a week. I always check the car and I have never visibly scraped the front splitter, it always seems to be the underneath so its only noticeable if the car is lifted or you run your hand along the under side.
Sponsored