Sponsored

Who hasn't scratched or nicked their front splitter yet?

Is your front splitter still ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
Mine is already getting replaced. Driving down the highway last week and piece of metal fell off the truck in front of me, caught the right side of the bottom lip and ripped it clear off. Aside from that, It's been scratched several times on steep inclines. I've had lowered cars with carbon lips before but never bottomed out so much as with this GT350.
Sponsored

unavailableGT350

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 White with Blue Stripes
I don't see why Ford cannot install front cameras to prevent this--perhaps in the 2018 refresh?
I think Ford could invent something to use the radar that cars have to actually lift the front of the car up so you wont bottom out.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
[MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] added some sacrificial pieces to the underside of his.
And they have helped once already :amen:

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Scrape mine pretty regularly. Nothing major yet as far as damage goes. I was out on some curvy twisty back roads hammering on it, took an off camber hard left hand corner, and hit so hard I thought it was gonna be destroyed..... only a few more minor scrapes and scratches.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Oh nope she didnt last 30 minutes -_-

I picked her up and promised my little brother he could drive her home well he pulled out the lot and introduced my front lip to the asphalt like a professional.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
If its not scratched, it will be!!! especially if you track it.

Michael86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, Magnetic w/stripe, Tech Pack
I envy guys who live in flat areas and/or the burbs. Being an SF resident every day is scrape day despite angle of approach.

Partial workaround for parking given there's no front camera and no easy aftermarket camera integration is Curb Alert. Several vendors sell it; basically gives you an audio alert when within 2 ft (adjustable distance) of a parking lot concrete stop or wall.

Plus: It works well.

Minus: It sometimes goes off when approaching a steep incline/decline on the road. Not a big deal, don't really pay attention to the alert unless parking.

WingnuT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1985 GT Conv, 1966 Fastback
I freaked out after the first scrape or 10... Now, if i rub it's not such a big deal.. Unless it goes "Wham!!". Then I'll freak once again.

I'm building a new garage for my toys and they're out there laying the pavement down today. We've measured the GT350 and the angle of attack over and over to build as smooth a transition as possible. Still going to be about 11 degrees, but the paver is working with me to try to get it to be scrape-free. I'll test it out tomorrow.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I freaked out after the first scrape or 10... Now, if i rub it's not such a big deal.. Unless it goes "Wham!!". Then I'll freak once again.

I'm building a new garage for my toys and they're out there laying the pavement down today. We've measured the GT350 and the angle of attack over and over to build as smooth a transition as possible. Still going to be about 11 degrees, but the paver is working with me to try to get it to be scrape-free. I'll test it out tomorrow.
I scape mine all the time on speed bump at work. other places I am able to go at a 90 degree angle and get my left tire up first on grades. Curbs are what I worry about. Back in!

Sponsored

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
Currently on my second splitter. No scrapes yet, but it has only been 6 days.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
On my second splitter. Scuffed the original one pretty bad the second day I had the car. Have scraped the bottom of my new one probably 15 times in the past 6 months but nothing bad - just light scrapes and wear on the rivets.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
I haven't! Well because I don't have it yet but I'm sure it won't be long after I get it before it's scuffed underneath at least. Driveways are pretty steep around here...

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
I haven't! Well because I don't have it yet but I'm sure it won't be long after I get it before it's scuffed underneath at least. Driveways are pretty steep around here...
Take the more aggressive angle possible is my advise.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
You're color combo is awesome. I sometimes wish I would have gotten black with red or blue stripes. Maybe if I can find a resonable R allocation.....
Sponsored