Sponsored

Who do you insure with?

Jared Peyton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Hi, I've been trying to save on auto insurance. I live in Florida and wanted to get recommendations on insurance carriers for my Mustang. I noticed that many people recommend State Farm and Farmers https://autovscarinsurance.com/state-farm-vs-farmers/. Many people have even recommended GEICO. Do you guys have any experience using these companies? If so, what rates can I expect and are they good for claims? Any advice or recommendation is appreciated.
Sponsored

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
GEICO is notorious for using aftermarket and junkyard parts on repairs regardless of how new the car is. If you are lucky you can get the bodyshop to fight for you to get OEM parts but it is a battle and most won't put in the effort.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
USAA has good deals and good service for veterans. They've done well by me.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
We have been unable to find anyone who can beat Traveler's in our area and we actively try every two years. Tried with USAA, but they could not come close. We did end up with one of their 2.5% unlimited cash back credit cards for our efforts.

<<< has a 1991 Jeep Wrangler, 2004 F-250, 2016 Explorer Sport and of course the 2016 GT, with two adults and two teenagers.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
USAA

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I vote USAA, but I think it's unfair to promote it because not everyone will have access to them. If not for USAA, I'd most likely be with GEICO. I think gone are the days where you stood to gain from being loyal to a particular company. Now it's competitive shopping and going with the best rate. Swap them out like a pair of shoes.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
All companies want to use aftermarket parts. I was with Progressive, moved to Geico after the first one jacked up my rate - I had to replace the bumper after it got it by piece of torn truck tire on highway and they treated that as "accident" (and I was supposed to have accident forgiveness). Geico was half the price with better coverage and lower deductibles.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on your location (they simply don't offer insurance in every state) the best service AND cheapest rates I've experience was with ERIE.

HOWEVER - if you have a young driver on your policy, they don't do that. They don't do high risk. That's why you get the rates / service you do.

No one would EVER beat ERIE before my son started driving. Agents would call and I'd mention Erie, and they'd seriously tell me to have a good day and hang up. Had Homeowner's and auto with them - had to deal with 2 homeowner's claims and I couldn't believe how easy and smooth everything went.

I'm now with USAA - who was by far the best rates with a young driver. Home and Auto. No one can really touch their rates either, with a teen driver on the policy. I've dealt with USAA on home and auto claims - no problems, no issues, nothing but great service.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I have Liberty Mutual, I think they have been extremely fair. When I had my Mustang it did get socked twice. I was able to have it repaired at the shop of my choice,all I had to do was take it to one of their shops for an estimate, then I could take it where ever I wanted. That gave me piece of mind that it would be fixed correctly knowing I could take it where I wanted.

Franklin Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP (Magnetic Metallic)
State Farm for me. For those of us who mod our cars, they have a nice rider that is provided free of charge that reimburses you for those mod if they are damaged in a wreck, or the car is stolen. Includes superchargers, turbos etc. All you need to do is hold onto the receipt as documentation it was done.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have a very colorful driving record so I've gotten quotes everywhere.

Progressive is the cheapest for me, and offer a substantially bigger discount for paying in full than any of the other providers. Next was Geico, who I had for awhile before but decided to raise my rates. Most expensive was State Farm if I remember correctly. Astronomical prices compared to everyone else.

It's really going to vary by person, age, driving history, location and coverage though.

roskorocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost mustang - bone stock (for now)
I use State Farm, I have 3 vehicles (2016 mustang eb, 2001 excursion diesel, 2017 lexus nx200t) and my rates are great. I was in an accident a few years ago and they were very easy to deal with, I used my own garage and they didn't give me a hassle at all.

roskorocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost mustang - bone stock (for now)
It's really going to vary by person, age, driving history, location and coverage though.
this is a very good point. The agent you deal with is also key. I was original quoted $170/month for my mustang but once I spoke with them it got knocked down to $96/month

2016Gruv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Before obtaining quotes from insurance companies, decide on the coverage and services you need/want. Only then can you compare price. You can't really glean off of anyone else here since your location, age, driving history, etc., all play a role in the price.

I have been with State Farm for nearly 25 years for both of my vehicles and home. I know their pricing isn't the lowest for me, but the services and customer service have been top notch. However, after a hit & run ($1600 repair) and a windshield claim, they took away the zero deductible windshield replacement (I was paying extra for it). This upset me so much that I'm considering jumping to USAA.

I recently had a sit-down evaluation with my agent and forgot some of the services I was getting with my policies. For example, I get all of the same services that AAA provides, but it only costs me about $3.50 a month. I also learned that State Farm will have a significant price reduction next month due to lower than anticipated claims, so I'm waiting to see how much the reduction is before getting a quote from USAA.

The take-away is don't focus simply on which company provides the lowest premiums. Establish the coverage you need and any additional services and then shop based on those criteria.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I dropped USAA several years ago. Got tired of their bullshit. Constant increases in rates every renewal, had them for 7 years. Our first and only claim was a comprehensive claim due to a tire blowout on a tractor trailer causing the tread to hit our vehicle. They jacked up the rates and I dropped them. I've been with nationwide for a few years now and they have treated me good.
Sponsored