How do you deal with depression?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I'm sure everyone has dealt with some form of depression in their lives. How do you personally cope with it?
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Best way to cope is to keep it away... I don't do stupid things, like purchase GAP insurance.

I also realized at a young age that life sometimes "sucks" and becomes "routine" at times.

I don't suffer from depression; people who suffer from it, should seek professional help.

If you don't have anyplace to turn and need to speak with someone, please call:
This national hotline is another valuable resource for people whose depression has escalated to suicidal or other harmful thoughts. Their network of crisis centers provide emotional support and guidance to people in distress and are also available via a chat service and a special hotline number for the hearing impaired: 1-800-799-4889.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

If your depression is leading to suicidal thoughts, call the National Hopeline to connect with a depression treatment center in your area. The Hopeline also offers a live chat feature for those who don’t want to (or are unable to) call and can dispatch emergency crews to your location if necessary.

https://www.imalive.org/

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Get off the internet, see your doctor and get a blood workup to start with...... talk to the doctor and go from there.
Could be simple, could be complicated.
Mine was simple, Sleep apnea.

Reactions: Ebm

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I buy stuff.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I buy stuff.
Works “temporarily” if there isn’t a physical problem. Try a new hobby to take your mind off things and see how it goes. Something like a death in the family is a natural reason for temporary depression. A car forum is like not the greatest place for this advice but getting active in something new has worked for me especially after my mom died a few years ago.

Reactions: Ebm

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Works “temporarily” if there isn’t a physical problem. Try a new hobby to take your mind off things and see how it goes. Something like a death in the family is a natural reason for temporary depression. A car forum is like not the greatest place for this advice but getting active in something new has worked for me especially after my mom died a few years ago.
Being active helps me. I suffer from very serious bouts of anxiety. I have been prescribed medicine that is only to be used as needed and limit my usage to only when it is very bad. Most of the time I try walk or do something physical to remind myself that I will be ok. What I have found more important that anything else is, I let those around me know how I feel - all of my family know and those that I call friends, know as well. This way, they can help me when I am having trouble.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Being active helps me. I suffer from very serious bouts of anxiety. I have been prescribed medicine that is only to be used as needed and limit my usage to only when it is very bad. Most of the time I try walk or do something physical to remind myself that I will be ok. What I have found more important that anything else is, I let those around me know how I feel - all of my family know and those that I call friends, know as well. This way, they can help me when I am having trouble.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
The Bible states that will be mountains and valleys in your life. A personal relationship with Jesus will allow him to carry you through the low spots. His peace will comfort you, his spirit will guide you, you will not be abandoned in the hype and coldness of this life.

Open, honest prayer will invite Jesus into your heart. I truly believe and live this.

Heaven...Where you are giving a Boss 302 upon arrival.

CVCashmere

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
I usually Work more as it takes it off my mind and I Train alot (run, weights, hockey) Everyone suffers from some sort of depression, its all on how u manage it and adapt, I'm against taking meds.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
The Bible states that will be mountains and valleys in your life. A personal relationship with Jesus will allow him to carry you through the low spots. His peace will comfort you, his spirit will guide you, you will not be abandoned in the hype and coldness of this life.

Open, honest prayer will invite Jesus into your heart. I truly believe and live this.

CVCashmere

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

CVCashmere
Thanks for that
Sponsored