Whipple supercharger

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I have a 2021 mach 1 and thinking of getting the whipple,but I do 1-2 days a year doing a trackday with skip barber nothing crazy. Do u guys think u could take out on track with it supercharger.
ps: ill probably lower psi a little with a 4” pulley & maybe Sunoco 260gt 100 octane or something?
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have a 2021 mach 1 and thinking of getting the whipple,but I do 1-2 days a year doing a trackday with skip barber nothing crazy. Do u guys think u could take out on track with it supercharger.
ps: ill probably lower psi a little with a 4” pulley & maybe Sunoco 260gt 100 octane or something?
GT500 guys track their cars and they have superchargers, so you would be just fine with a Whippled Mach. Throw some good tires on there and have a ball!

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
GT500 guys track their cars and they have superchargers, so you would be just fine with a Whippled Mach. Throw some good tires on there and have a ball!
I was looking to head down a similar path, but assumed the GT500 may have extra cooling to account for power output for extended periods...maybe that’s something we don’t have to worry about on the Mach 1s withthe extra coolin.

I know I would only track it on cooler days (70s) to help mitigate that anyways for the car, and me with a helmet.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Speaking as someone who has newly entered the Forced Induction arena. I recommend getting additional cooling regardless of what kit you get. I've got the Roush Phase 2 with the upgraded heat exchanger and I'm still going to add additional cooling next year once she comes out of the garage. If you get on it on the street you get heat soak, on a track you will be in the Bog of Doom without additional cooling.

On my list for next year - 2018-2022 Mustang Max Cooling Kit | ROUSH Performance

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was looking to head down a similar path, but assumed the GT500 may have extra cooling to account for power output for extended periods...maybe that’s something we don’t have to worry about on the Mach 1s withthe extra coolin.

I know I would only track it on cooler days (70s) to help mitigate that anyways for the car, and me with a helmet.
MCS beat me to it, you’re going to want some extra cooling. I’m still NA so I haven’t researched cooling options much (yet 😁), so there’s others out there that would have better suggestions than me.

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
MCS beat me to it, you’re going to want some extra cooling. I’m still NA so I haven’t researched cooling options much (yet 😁), so there’s others out there that would have better suggestions than me.
I didnt have any issues with heat soak on my 2013 GT with the VMP Stage 1 kit via runs at the drag strip, or hot days...I didnt track for extended periods though.

I can’t disagree on the benefits of a better intercooler though.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I didnt have any issues with heat soak on my 2013 GT with the VMP Stage 1 kit via runs at the drag strip, or hot days...I didnt track for extended periods though.
I know with Whipple you can do an upgraded fan kit, that might be all you need if you plan on any extended track time.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I know with Whipple you can do an upgraded fan kit, that might be all you need if you plan on any extended track time.
I believe there was a discussion on this forum that getting the oversized heat exchanger is the better option since the Fan is mostly efficient at slower speeds. For better overall cooling oversized heat exchanger seems like the best option.

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I believe there was a discussion on this forum that getting the oversized heat exchanger is the better option since the Fan is mostly efficient at slower speeds. For better overall cooling oversized heat exchanger seems like the best option.
That’s what I’m was going to order. It’s a dual pass and like 3” thick. And going to put it in a triple pass radiator from kennybrown.. I have one in my 03 cobra and a big ass heat exchanger

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
What if you no lift shift with a whipple charged Mach 1, anyone tried? Lol

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
1st on a manual whippled M1 is like a unicorn...it doesn't exist
I guess I will be the first to try it next year. I will report back my findings.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Uhhh update, did it blow up. I plan on doing this lol. Can you be a test mule and launch control at 5k? 😅
Thanks for the positive energy.....LOL

Unfortunately the Whipple kit is not CARB compliant for 22-23 Mach1 yet. I was informed by Whipple most likely sometime in early 2024.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase