Whipple Supercharger

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
I have been shopping around for a place to install a Whipple Supercharger in the Austin TX area. Two local performance shops quoted me around the same for parts and labor 13,000 for the stage 2 , which includes a 3/36 powertrain warranty from Whipple .
My Local Ford dealer is also willing to get me the Whipple that comes in the super snake and install , and this will let me keep their extended warranty that I purchased on my 2022 Premium A10 PP1, But Ford is charging 3,000 more .
Anyone here have any thoughts on this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
If I was a mechanic with tools and the knowledge I would , but I am not .
Thanks

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
That install costs are insane. Are the custom dyno tuning as well?

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Install is a 12-14 hour day, much less if you’ve done one before.
I've done one. Took me 15 hrs. So the shop price is $200 an hr. Even by california rates that's expensive.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
As for the Ford dealer/Whipple thing... Dealers have been known to verbally promise things that they can't honor. I can assure you that Ford will no longer stand behind your standard powertrain warranty or your extended for any powertrain failure that could be attributed to the increase in power. Perhaps your dealer is willing to honor it, but no other dealer would have an obligation. I would absolutely get that in writing and reviewed by an attorney if that is the route you chose. You could probably get the Whipple 3/36, but that begins at your in service date, not the whipple install date.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Even if you aren't mechanically inclined you could probably find someone in your area who's willing to help for a fraction of that and a case of beer.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Even if you aren't mechanically inclined you could probably find someone in your area who's willing to help for a fraction of that and a case of beer.
It has to be a certified tech for Warranty

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Not for this kind of job.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
As for the Ford dealer/Whipple thing... Dealers have been known to verbally promise things that they can't honor. I can assure you that Ford will no longer stand behind your standard powertrain warranty or your extended for any powertrain failure that could be attributed to the increase in power. Perhaps your dealer is willing to honor it, but no other dealer would have an obligation. I would absolutely get that in writing and reviewed by an attorney if that is the route you chose. You could probably get the Whipple 3/36, but that begins at your in service date, not the whipple install date.
You are correct. The manufacturer warranty would be voided. However the dealership is likely talking about a dealership warranty similar to what Lebanon and other dealership started doing a few years ago. They will install it and tune it or load up the Whipple tune. Any further modifications or tuning would be prohibited. And will likely want to do all the servicing on the vehicle. This is what I suspect they mean by warranty. If so then it is a good deal except for the fact that a lot of supercharger tunes are not too good. If the dealership has a dyno and a good tuner then I would do this package and add on their custom tune.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
I am going to get it in writing , if they will not I will cancel the extended warranty I purchased and get a refund . easy as that ...lol

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
You are correct. The manufacturer warranty would be voided. However the dealership is likely talking about a dealership warranty similar to what Lebanon and other dealership started doing a few years ago. They will install it and tune it or load up the Whipple tune. Any further modifications or tuning would be prohibited. And will likely want to do all the servicing on the vehicle. This is what I suspect they mean by warranty. If so then it is a good deal except for the fact that a lot of supercharger tunes are not too good. If the dealership has a dyno and a good tuner then I would do this package and add on their custom tune.
This is my go to dealer where I purchases the car, the Whipple and tune is the same as the Super Snake, its the same Supercharger . I really don't want to go overboard with the Horsepower , just need more than the stock 450..lol

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
I've done one. Took me 15 hrs. So the shop price is $200 an hr. Even by california rates that's expensive.
I think for the Supercharger , all the extras and labor it sounds about right .
Sponsored