Sponsored

Supercharger

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
Hello All,
With 78000 miles on my 2015 GT Premium is it too late to invest in a whipple? I am curious if the car engine can handle the power with this many miles on and the trans too.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to be safe upgrade the opg's, do a cat delete, and a custom tune is a must. Older high mileage car is perfect for a build just put away some money for a short block if you plan on keeping it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
If you want to be safe upgrade the opg's, do a cat delete, and a custom tune is a must. Older high mileage car is perfect for a build just put away some money for a short block if you plan on keeping it.
So ok I should get like a JLT CAI and get a tune? I have a magna flow axle back exhaust with a MRT H- pipe. What tuner do you like for our cars?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
So ok I should get like a JLT CAI and get a tune? I have a magna flow axle back exhaust with a MRT H- pipe. What tuner do you like for our cars?
Personally I’d go PBD but just depends on the kit. I wouldn’t go buying anything until you pick the kit. You can get everything included and installed at the same time. Usually it works out better that way. Look at beefcake racing who posts on here.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
You should be ok with that many miles, I would do a compression test on it just to see how the engine looks but 78k is technically somewhat young in an engines life, people just hate to see that number in their mind. I would personally go for it! A Whipple is a great purchase. Hit me up if you would like to see a killer deal I can get you on a setup. Lethalperformance.com

OP
OP

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
I have a AIRAID CAI with no tune
You should be ok with that many miles, I would do a compression test on it just to see how the engine looks but 78k is technically somewhat young in an engines life, people just hate to see that number in their mind. I would personally go for it! A Whipple is a great purchase. Hit me up if you would like to see a killer deal I can get you on a setup. Lethalperformance.com
Ok thank you . I will inquire after I get the wifey to co-sign me using our money for a car mod. LOL. It will be a few months tho

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I have a AIRAID CAI with no tune

Ok thank you . I will inquire after I get the wifey to co-sign me using our money for a car mod. LOL. It will be a few months tho
Haha, I hear ya. I have the same problem >_<

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If you’ve maintained the engine it should be no problem. I started using a 125 shot of nitrous on my old 4.6 2V GT around 140k and it held it together. Lol. Clutch and rear end not so much, haha.

But seriously - the Coyote engines are stout. Just know you have to be more cautious with boost than naturally aspirated. A dialed in tune is a MUST as is quality fuel and making sure you’re not banging off the rev limiter.
Sponsored