Sponsored

Whipple GT Kit on Mach1

seeyalater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Mach 1
I got a great deal on a new Whipple Stage 1 Kit for S550 GT (2625-STG1-30), but I have a 2021 Mach 1. Does anyone know what's different from what Whipple lists as a Mach 1 kit (2627T-STG1-30). I won't have the kit until next week, so I can't check what's included.

Besides the tune being different, and I'm hoping Whipple sends me the Mach 1 tune when I get ready to install it, I think the only extra things I need are the IAT Harness and Air Tube TB Adapter.

I just want to have everything on hand when I start the installation.
Sponsored

slow poke 77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang GT
I’d probably reach out to whipple. As a matter of fact I would reach out too whipple.
best of luck.

OP
OP
seeyalater

seeyalater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Mach 1
I sent them an email this morning. Just hoping they don't respond with "You should have bought the right kit, we can't help you".

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Considering they want people to buy the proper kit from the get go, I wouldn’t be surprised if they tell you you’re SOL. I wouldn’t think they’d open that can of worms, because once they do it for one, word will get out and they’ll look like the bad guy if they don’t do it for anyone else. I could be wrong, but that would be my thought process if I were them.

On the plus side, if you got a good deal on the GT kit, you should be able to sell it and at least recoup your cost. You’d probably take a little bit of a hit if you paid full price

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How is a Mach 1 Coyote different than a GT Coyote? Intake Manifold and Throttle Body? Might need a different adaptor for the stage 1 kit to use your stocker, overall I cant think of much that would be too hard to overcome. Tuning wise are you going with a custom tuner?

Edit: Another thought about all the coolers behind the bumper, might need different hose routing or place to hold Intercooler resevoir.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Whipple is generally very good to deal with. You may end up having to buy the parts you need to domyour install separately, kind of like a la carte at a restaurant.

OP
OP
seeyalater

seeyalater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Mach 1
Whipple is generally very good to deal with. You may end up having to buy the parts you need to domyour install separately, kind of like a la carte at a restaurant.
Yeah, I can't imagine it's more then a couple of hoses, and I do have the IAT Harness and Air Tube TB Adapter on order. I was just hoping someone had done this and knew exactly what other parts they needed.

I would hate to be missing some $10 part that needs to be ordered and can't complete the installation.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I bought my old Gen 3 whipple kit used. It was missing some parts and I just ordered them through whipple and had no issues.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
They will make a list for you with what is different and needed. When I was selling my 350 setup I inquired about what was needed for the Gt install just because I got so many questions about it. It was just easier to forward the list with the cost. Kind of eliminated the bs a bit. They were really responsive and courteous. Whipple, not the various yahoo’s. Lol.

Yeah, I can't imagine it's more then a couple of hoses, and I do have the IAT Harness and Air Tube TB Adapter on order. I was just hoping someone had done this and knew exactly what other parts they needed.

I would hate to be missing some $10 part that needs to be ordered and can't complete the installation.

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They will certainly sell you what you need. I bought my kit used, but never installed and was missing a few pieces and/or I misplaced them. Whenever I contacted them, they were willing to help.

OP
OP
seeyalater

seeyalater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Mach 1
Whipple responded to me and here is the list of items that are different in the Mach 1 and GT kits. Hopefully this helps someone out in the future. About $500 in parts if purchased from Whipple.

• Hose Bag
  • LTR Bolt Bag
  • IC Pump Mount
  • IAT Harness
  • EVAP Parts
I'll update once I do the installation to see what I actually did use.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
With the money saved on the GT kit and factoring in the extra parts you had to buy, did you still come out ahead?

OP
OP
seeyalater

seeyalater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Mach 1
With the money saved on the GT kit and factoring in the extra parts you had to buy, did you still come out ahead?
Yes, a little but it was mostly so I don't have to wait 8-12 weeks for it.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I got a great deal on a new Whipple Stage 1 Kit for S550 GT (2625-STG1-30), but I have a 2021 Mach 1. Does anyone know what's different from what Whipple lists as a Mach 1 kit (2627T-STG1-30). I won't have the kit until next week, so I can't check what's included.

Besides the tune being different, and I'm hoping Whipple sends me the Mach 1 tune when I get ready to install it, I think the only extra things I need are the IAT Harness and Air Tube TB Adapter.

I just want to have everything on hand when I start the installation.
How much hp are you looking at when tuned?
Sponsored