Sponsored

Whipple belt chirp

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
[MENTION=20468]GSLSE20B[/MENTION] and I tried some things today. He noticed that the spring loaded tensioner seemed to be a little off. We pulled it off and the ribs were loaded with rubber scraps. Seems to be pushing the belt back towards the engine. We ended up flipping the pulley around because one edge of the pulley seems a little thicker. Then we added a small fender washer under the tensioner it self. The belt seem quite a bit straighter than it was before. I just replaced the belt again so I will give it a week or so to see if it starts chirping again then I will let everyone know if it helped.
Wish mine was that easy. Good luck.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
[MENTION=20468]GSLSE20B[/MENTION] and I tried some things today. He noticed that the spring loaded tensioner seemed to be a little off. We pulled it off and the ribs were loaded with rubber scraps. Seems to be pushing the belt back towards the engine. We ended up flipping the pulley around because one edge of the pulley seems a little thicker. Then we added a small fender washer under the tensioner it self. The belt seem quite a bit straighter than it was before. I just replaced the belt again so I will give it a week or so to see if it starts chirping again then I will let everyone know if it helped.
If you changed belt that will stop chirping since the edges are fresh.
That will make you think you fixed it.

The exact reason this problem is so freakn annoying.

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you changed belt that will stop chirping since the edges are fresh.
That will make you think you fixed it.

The exact reason this problem is so freakn annoying.
I know, this is my 5th belt that's why I said I would give it a week or so then let everyone know if it helped. None of my belts have lasted more than a week

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Any official word on this yet. I am caught between a rock and a hard spot :( I wanted to install myself but was not allowed if I wanted the warranty so I had to pay $1950 for install to get the warranty. Now the installer will not touch it unless I want to pay about $200 per hr because they don't support this as anything they did wrong so I am now stuck with a $55,000 cricket. I am going to check run-outs on the pulleys and the jackshaft but what will be done with findings? Sounds like there has already been several confirmed issues there. I have said from the start it was probably that. Maybe I can just tell others the "Crickets Under The Hood" is to scare off would be challengers :)

Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
So far 3 different people that found 3 different problems in this thread. There is not going to be a fix all. Get a stethescope, bottle of water, an afternoon, and let us know what you find.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So far 3 different people that found 3 different problems in this thread. There is not going to be a fix all. Get a stethescope, bottle of water, an afternoon, and let us know what you find.
I have, mine stops every time I spray the SC pulley with water mist. I am going to setup a dial indicator and see if I have any run-out on pulley or jackshaft. Can see any with the naked eye.........

al3x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have the chirp starting to happen, the only thing I've noticed that makes it go away is when I pull on the tensioner, tightening up the belt. Don't know if that helps any, but it's something I happened to notice. And I did this because I thought the belt might have been too big.

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Just put a dial indicator on mine and looks like my sc pulley has .008 run out on the face. That can't be right or good. I would think that should be..002 or less. Checked and it is properly seated.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Guys, we're working on something for this. We've got a lot of customers with dd with no issues so there is a variance that causes it. We're working on a test, from there we will have a solution for all.

It would be extremely difficult to damage a shaft. Excessive run out issues as the one video posted, I will address when I'm back in the office.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Guys, we're working on something for this. We've got a lot of customers with dd with no issues so there is a variance that causes it. We're working on a test, from there we will have a solution for all.

It would be extremely difficult to damage a shaft. Excessive run out issues as the one video posted, I will address when I'm back in the office.
Thanks Whipple. Mad respect.
This is why Whipple is #1:first:

Ford has different water pump and timing cover castings and some offset intake manifold holes. :ford: Evidently even Ford added in machining to timing covers to get stock tensioner in plane.

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
It's contagious, my belt start chirping a day after I read this thread

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

If you guys need a car that's having the issue to look at I'm only 3 hours away and could probably bring the car down to you on a weekend or maybe setup something during the week.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
If you guys need a car that's having the issue to look at I'm only 3 hours away and could probably bring the car down to you on a weekend or maybe setup something during the week.
No question we could look at it and resolve on your vehicle, that would be a big help.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
No question we could look at it and resolve on your vehicle, that would be a big help.
the same here. I'm only a couple hours away. :D
Sponsored