Sponsored

Which one of these floor mats is better?

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
I've got the Ford OEM ones as well. Cleaning is a pain sometimes and if I'm driving in sandals and push the clutch, the mat sometimes grabs, but that's more me being lazy. But overall satisfied
Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Glad I live in Sunny Vegas, I'll keep my factory 'California Special' mats, when they wear out I'll buy new ones, plus they don't cover up my dead pedal that I applied chrome trim around to match the other two!

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
3D Max. Three years and going strong.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks for the honest reply. Yeah, so I drive by burying my heel into the floorboard and pivoting my foot back and forth. So slippery mat is not only annoying, but dangerous.

I'm leaning toward Weathertech after reading these posts.

I'm also not loving that the Maxpider ones don't go up very high and don't go up under the gas pedal area. All areas where feet go and wear holes in carpet.
Iā€™ve had Weathertech and the Ford mats. Theyā€™re all pretty good. Iā€™m going to be a little different and recommend these. I have their carpeted mats and they are excellent.

https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/?ar_...MI3pPhkM3u9QIVhhXUAR2RUgJgEAAYAiAAEgJ7F_D_BwE

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have the weather-tech mats. They are shiny, but the texture is like sandpaper so they are not slippery. The downside is they are impossible to get stains out of, especially Alabama's Iron rich soil. I've tried steam cleaning to no avail.
Yep, I gave up on cleaning mine, they always look dirty lol. At least the fitment is perfect.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I buy front, back, and trunk liner from weather tech in 3dliner everytime I get a new car. my scion is coming upon 10 years old, and the matts look brand new. no folding over, no nothing. the mustang rear small matts, eh they aren't as stiff as they could be, but I didnt have passengers so dont care. Lol

the fronts was excellent, and the trunk as well. perfect fit.

to clean mine, I toss them in driveway, toss some mr pink on them, and spray hose on them, then I got one of those giant bristle shop brooms, (mines green) and I just go back and fourth til they are all sudsy, then I rinse off, and leave them out in driveway for like an hour to dry.

takes 5 minutes really.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 11.26.36 PM.png

A1doz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aldo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I have had the MaxSpider ones for about 2 years now. No issues and I think they look the best plus very easy to clean. As another person stated they are kinda slippery especially in the rain, doesnā€™t really bother me much but just a thing to note.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
I have these 3d maxpider mats and I like them, but if you don't want slippery, I don't think you will want these.
I had these in my previous Volvo S60 sedan. Never again. I know lots of people like them, not me. WAY to slippery in the winter with snow, etc.

libtrucker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP, 1995 F-250 XL
Weather Tech mats are not shiny. It probably is just a graphic on their website. I ordered and received mine before I even got the car. And brought them with me to pick it up. The floormats went into the trunk and haven't been stepped on since.

They are the best IMHO. And I get them for every car

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
the 3d's are in both my cars, first ones were purchased in April 2019, they are still basically like new.
SLIPPERY? when you have wet shoe bottoms they can be, especially if you are wearing slick leather soled shoes, or any smooth soled ones, BUT so can the pedals be slick under the same conditions. Overall these are the nicest looking, best fitting, non shifting mats I have ever had in over fifty years of driving, if you're worried about slick when wet mats, be glad you never drove 40's to 70's cars and trucks as a huge percentage of them had slippery rubber instead of carpeting as standard equipment back then. It's more about personal feelings of looks, cost, and fit with the brands listed by the op.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
the 3d's are in both my cars, first ones were purchased in April 2019, they are still basically like new.
SLIPPERY? when you have wet shoe bottoms they can be, especially if you are wearing slick leather soled shoes, or any smooth soled ones, BUT so can the pedals be slick under the same conditions. Overall these are the nicest looking, best fitting, non shifting mats I have ever had in over fifty years of driving, if you're worried about slick when wet mats, be glad you never drove 40's to 70's cars and trucks as a huge percentage of them had slippery rubber instead of carpeting as standard equipment back then. It's more about personal feelings of looks, cost, and fit with the brands listed by the op.
Slippery is a big deal for me. My biggest pet peeve about any kind of floor mat. It's also why I'm not installing aluminum pedal covers, because the rubber is much better at eliminating slip, especially when wearing sneakers, usually even wet you get decent grip.

I'm honestly leaning toward the Husky X-act, because they are soft rubber-like material that isn't slippery even when soaking wet. Second place right now is Weathertech. I don't like the Ford because of the lack of coverage and it's also a criticism of the Maxpiders, because they don't go up very high on the front or sides.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I got MaxSpider 3d mats first. Eventually the 3d badge fell out and left a small hole for stuff to get into the carpet.

I now have Weather Tech and have 0 complaints + they are deeper and have a better tray for keeping clean carpets.

I also drive barefoot in the summer a lot and didn't like the rough texture of the 3d mats. šŸ˜‚

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have Weathertech and I have had no issues with them being slippery be it rain or snow. They're really easy to clean too.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've got the Ford OEM ones as well. Cleaning is a pain sometimes and if I'm driving in sandals and push the clutch, the mat sometimes grabs, but that's more me being lazy. But overall satisfied
I drive barefoot when I'm in sandals. Too much of a pain otherwise.

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Weather tech for me
Sponsored