Sponsored

Which one of these floor mats is better?

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gonna keep this simple, I feel like a sucker dumping so much money on shaped rubber/plastic, but I don't want to wear out my carpet. I'm known to wear holes in the carpet where my heel sits, so I want to go ahead with something harder/tougher right away. Priorities are tight, perfect fit, COVERAGE (including under the gas pedal preferred?). I don't want any part of my shoe/foot touching carpet and also GRIP. They need to have grip even with wet shoes. I *despise* slippery floors especially when trying to drive a manual.

Here we go, not in particular order:

Ford OEM (w/ horse logo) (downside -- does not cover under gas pedal, doesn't come up very high, plus side pony emblem, real Ford product)
1644242210100.png

Husky X-Act (Plus -- nice soft rubber, molded exactly. Downside, a little truck-ish?)
1644242151879.png

Weathertech (concerns: Why are these SHINY? I feel like shiny means slippery... I have the Husky X-act in my truck and they are rubbery, not shiny)
1644242041404.png

MAXpisder 3D (How is coverage and durability on these? Some reviews say they start to curl up after a short time and don't stay hooked to the floor... Plus side, they look more refined, less like something that goes into a truck.)
1644241997531.png
Sponsored

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
i can vouch for the maxspider 3d mats. great fit. after 24k, no unusual wear or problems of any kind.

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I have the weather-tech mats. They are shiny, but the texture is like sandpaper so they are not slippery. The downside is they are impossible to get stains out of, especially Alabama's Iron rich soil. I've tried steam cleaning to no avail.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
i can vouch for the maxspider 3d mats. great fit. after 24k, no unusual wear or problems of any kind.
How easily do they clean? Do you need to take them out and fully hose them down or can you just wipe them in place? What about coverage? Under the gas pedal? Up the sides?

I have the weather-tech mats. They are shiny, but the texture is like sandpaper so they are not slippery. The downside is they are impossible to get stains out of, especially Alabama's Iron rich soil. I've tried steam cleaning to no avail.
I've noticed my Husky mats require removing and cleaning/scrubbing outside on the ground, let them dry, put them back in. Kind of a pain honestly, so they usually just look dirty.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I did the Ford OEM ones and they are great. I like how they actually go to the edges now versus the older ones in my 17 GT. No complaints here.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Ive had weathertech. Not bad. More a utility product
Last 4 vehicles Xpider.
Some point i need to take a brush and soap and scrub them in the tub. Esp in the spring.
Have held up well, and look way better than Weathertech.. Also less expensive. win/win
I also like the look of the diamond stiched mats with your choice of colors. Dunno how the stiching holds up over time and dirt.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No experience w/ Husky X-act on these cars? .... I really love the quality in my truck, just don't want it to look/feel "trucky" in the Mustang.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
i have weather tech - wouldnt get anything else... love em

capt218

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
I have had both weather tech in the mustang and two prior trucks and husky in another truck. Both are great in my opinion. No issues.

Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Weathertech here - perfect fit, not slippery, easy to clean and look great!

MotoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford F150 XLT Supercab
I'm in the Maxpyder camp. Got them almost 4 yrs ago for my '18 F150 and like them a lot. I compared both the WeatherTech and the Maxpyder side by side and sent the WeatherTechs back. I've only had the Mustang mats a couple weeks(got the car a month ago). They seem to fit well and utilize the 2 posts in floor to make sure they don't shift around. They seem to fit well. I've only cleaned the mats in the truck once but I don't remember any issues and they look as good today as when they were new.
PXL_20220207_174234261.jpg
PXL_20220207_174331309.jpg

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
How easily do they clean? Do you need to take them out and fully hose them down or can you just wipe them in place? What about coverage? Under the gas pedal? Up the sides?
I have these 3d maxpider mats and I like them, but if you don't want slippery, I don't think you will want these.

I drive a manual too and the mats being slippery does not bother me at all since my feet are on the pedals, but can understand some may not like the smooth teflon-like feeling. It is part of the reason why they are so easy to clean I suspect though.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have these 3d maxpider mats and I like them, but if you don't want slippery, I don't think you will want these.

I drive a manual too and the mats being slippery does not bother me at all since my feet are on the pedals, but can understand some may not like the smooth teflon-like feeling. It is part of the reason why they are so easy to clean I suspect though.
Thanks for the honest reply. Yeah, so I drive by burying my heel into the floorboard and pivoting my foot back and forth. So slippery mat is not only annoying, but dangerous.

I'm leaning toward Weathertech after reading these posts.

I'm also not loving that the Maxpider ones don't go up very high and don't go up under the gas pedal area. All areas where feet go and wear holes in carpet.

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
i vacuum from time to time. when they need more than dry cleaning, i take them out for soap and water. the gas pedal does have a cutout. i have never thought the mats were slippery. in fact, i've never thought, if only these mats...
Sponsored