Which mod should i go with first

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I can't resist the urge to mod my car my wife thinks I'm crazy to swap parts on a car with only 500 miles on it. But I told her it's just who I am I got to tinkeršŸ¤£.

So I'd love to do HP mods but honestly I can't really even fully use the 460hp it comes with in stock form and I'd like to maintain my warranty on the engine for a while. so I'm thinking of starting with better tires and rims or should I start with the suspension first. I've got 235 all season tires not the best for traction. I have 2k I'm willing to spend right now where would my best gains for the buck be spent. My car will mostly be street driven in the summer and I'll take it to the drag strip a few times a year thanks.
BMR suspension goodies.
Lowering springs.
Cradle lockout.
Chassis brace.
ARH Headers.
3:55 LSD Pumpkin.
MRT H-pipe.
Take your pic.
Car is really solid now with no NVH.

20210310_103820.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Thanks everyone for the wide variety of mod suggestions. I purchased some steeda jacking rails and a jlt catch can to start with. I also have an appointment for window tint Thursday. Wheels and tires will come soon I can't decide what style I want to go with yet.

dgreene1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
So I can't resist the urge to mod my car my wife thinks I'm crazy to swap parts on a car with only 500 miles on it. But I told her it's just who I am I got to tinkeršŸ¤£.

So I'd love to do HP mods but honestly I can't really even fully use the 460hp it comes with in stock form and I'd like to maintain my warranty on the engine for a while. so I'm thinking of starting with better tires and rims or should I start with the suspension first. I've got 235 all season tires not the best for traction. I have 2k I'm willing to spend right now where would my best gains for the buck be spent. My car will mostly be street driven in the summer and I'll take it to the drag strip a few times a year thanks.
As my signature indicates I went with the Roush axle-back exhaust, Shelby CS-3 wheels, 275/35-20x9.5 front, 305/30-20x11 rear wearing Nitto NT555 G2 tires. Will try Firehawk Indy 500 tires next. Big improvement to looks and sound, especially the latter with the top down. No burning desire to change much else.

Sammy1z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelvin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 6 Speed T. Gray/ Black Accent
So I too was hesitant to swap my OEM exhaust for a Roush catback. Go for it man!!!! My Stang sounds incredible. Now donā€™t get me wrong; the OEM exhaust was sweet sounding, but the Roush is nasty!!!!! And itā€™s a Roush,

Sammy1z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelvin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 6 Speed T. Gray/ Black Accent
Oh and by the way I swapped it out at 47 miles.

Sponsored

dgreene1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Oh and by the way I swapped it out at 47 miles.
Considered also replacing the resonator with the Roush H-pipe but too cruel for my neighbors.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium