Which GT for me?

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
It seems in today’s market that strategy isn’t going to work. Dealers know that new stock isn’t coming due to the chip shortage. So they are looking to squeeze every dollar out of what they have. If someone wants a car now, they better get moving.
Yeah, this is the balance i'm struggling to find. I don't think the 10-15% off MSRP is going to happen in the current market conditions. The dealers i've talked to are more than ok with refusing to go lower on a price because they know that someone will walk in the door and buy it due to the fear of low inventory.

I've talked to Zach at Granger and he's given me a great price on an order. I'm just not sure if i want to wait until September, at best, for delivery on the car or pay a little more to have it now and drive it all summer.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just save up towards it

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately it’s a sellers market and dealers are standing their ground.
Battlefield Ford in Manassas has the nerve to add a 1000 ADM to their 50-odd cars on their lot. Even the 2020's. Just wow.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think the 10-15% off MSRP is going to happen in the current market conditions.
Lindsay is offering 13% on MY21. I don't see how that's not an opportunity.
But it's not like Ford is going bankrupt a second time or stop making Mustangs just yet, so wait till Nov and the market may well have regained some semblance of sanity.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's been an interesting day talking with dealers today. I spoke with one dealer in NJ about an Iconic Silver PP1, 301a, AE, Safe and Smart, Enhanced Security that was listed at $47,125. Talked to the dealer and told them i had an order summary for the same exact car through another dealer and the price on that car is $43,035. All true - it is from a quote i Zach from Granger worked up for me. The sales manager insisted that it was not possible and after i showed him a copy of the order summary, he still thought it was "suspicious". the "best he could do" was 46,000 before TTL. No thanks.

I spoke to an out of state dealer on a 2021 GT Premium, 401a, AE, Enhanced Security that was listed at $42,147 that included $3758 in dealer discounts. As i tried to negotiate the price, the sales person stated that they "are a one price dealer". I asked what that meant and he sad that they don't negotiate. After some pushing by me, it was clear this guy wanted to part of lowering the price.

The salesperson at the Ford Dealer in Stamford texted me again about the 2020 Premium PP1 and said that he had been working on his boss all morning to lower the price of the car, but his boss wasn't having it. His boss wanted to try to sell it at 50k despite his salesperson telling him he could sell it to me today for several thousand less.

Talked with a dealer out in Pittsburgh that just got in a 2021 PP1, 301a, AE, 6M, black on black. I talked to this dealer a bit yesterday about a different mustang. He dropped the price of this car to $43,000 from $46,505. Not bad for a 2021, but not great. I am still working on him to go lower.

Yes, i know Lindsay has some great offers. I've been talking to them and their PP1s are above my threshold when adding in TTL. They do have a nice Carbonized Grey non-PP1, 301a, AE, with black accent package. This is one car i am considering as i could add some wheels and tires, suspension and brakes to get closer to a PP1.

Sponsored

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like you're definitely putting in some work to find your car! Good luck and I hope it happens soon for you so that you can enjoy it this summer.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They do have a nice Carbonized Grey non-PP1, 301a, AE, with black accent package. This is one car i am considering as i could add some wheels and tires, suspension and brakes to get closer to a PP1
@NoVaGT I think would consider selling his PP1 wheels. Unless you go to the track there's no need for the 6-pot brembo nor the radiator. All of these parts can be sourced easily - if you want black/red calipers you're going to have to order them anyway - default is this nasty textured gray. If you want PP1 suspension, you can have mine for free. I've got NIB wheel sets that need to go and several sets of barely used PS4S tires. The PP1 package is a LOUSY deal at 5 grand (MY20) let alone 6 grand (MY21).

Last edited:

8GTOKLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 DHG Bullitt
I think 43k for a 301A, 6Spd, PP1, and AE is a sweet deal. I just looked up cars in California same car is 45 to 48 K with hardly a discount. GT Premiums PP1 are 52K.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@NoVaGT I think would consider selling his PP1 wheels. Unless you go to the track there's no need for the 6-pot brembo nor the radiator. All of these parts can be sourced easily - if you want black/red calipers you're going to have to order them anyway - default is this nasty textured gray. If you want PP1 suspension, you can have mine for free. I've got NIB wheel sets that need to go and several sets of barely used PS4S tires. The PP1 package is a LOUSY deal at 5 grand (MY20) let alone 6 grand (MY21).
Wow. You guys are awesome. This may work out. I have a call with Lindsay this afternoon and will see what happens.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Been following this thread for a bit. I just want to add that after looking at the prices being mentioned for the specs, I can't help but feel like you guys in the us are getting screwed. The prices up here in Canada seem far more reasonable and the dealers are willing to play ball more often than not. Mind you you do need to look for them and negotiate.

When I ordered my mustang gt last year, I did it with these specs:
2020 mustang gt
10 speed auto trans
301 a package
black accent package
3.55 rear axle
active exhaust
mats and fog lamp covers

I went with financing and I had two options, I had a trade for $4500 taxes in & I put $5k down
1) $41,000 plus tax with 2.49% financing = $274 bi-weekly
2) $43,000 plus tax with 0.0% financing = $252 bi-weekly

Prices up are in CAD btw so in US currency they are
option 1) $33,320 plus tax and option 2) $34,939 plus taxes

These prices exclude my trade ins, the trade in is reflected in my bi-weekly payments only

Maybe it is just me but it seems that we get better deals up here, thoughts??

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it is just me but it seems that we get better deals up here, thoughts??
sticker price? And are your CAD figures BEFORE trade in and money down?

Jay87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Just bought a 21 GT Premium PP, paid right at MSRP OTD.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Oh man, why isn't Virginia closer to Texas... I'd take that suspension in a heartbeat. I have a 301a GT with safe and smart that is begging for a better suspension.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I bought a brand new 2019 GT Premium 6MT from Koons in August 2019 with stiff discount from sticker. I think you can do better pricing wise if you're flexible on options, and even a new one. The discount made up a loss from selling a 2019 Ecoboost Premium 6MT.
Sponsored