Sponsored

Which drive mode is best for roll racing?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,

Which drive mode is the best for roll racing? DRAG STRIP OR SPORT PLUS?

THANKS ANTHONY
Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have an opinion?!?!?!
Thanks anthony

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Shifter in S, a tune that shifts at WOT with shifter in s, and probably drag race mode. Paddle to a gear that puts you in the power band, then go.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Shifter in S, a tune that shifts at WOT with shifter in s, and probably drag race mode. Paddle to a gear that puts you in the power band, then go.
Definitely the best way to go… unfortunately he has a Roush and I’m not sure who his tuner is but mine says they have not figured out the tune to allow Roush SC to do this. I’ve been waiting awhile myself for this to come to fruition.

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
For roll racing toggle to ricer mode or flyby mode. :)
It's because all these mopars always wanna roll race, never never from a dig. And I have phase 2 roush blower and dont wanna just blazn tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I have stock roush warranty tune from dealer. I dont think I can do that. What's the true power rpms on these coyotes?? I'm trying to figure out the speed, then nail it drag mode. I'm still learning. Thanks for reply
Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Definitely the best way to go… unfortunately he has a Roush and I’m not sure who his tuner is but mine says they have not figured out the tune to allow Roush SC to do this. I’ve been waiting awhile myself for this to come to fruition.
Thanks for reply. I have stock roush tune, car is still under warranty. Doesnt shelby Gt500s have this feature??
I have found w blower changes things on coyote and powerband and drive modes. I love SPORT+, car is torquey and aggressive, but it honestly doesnt give you the most speed, mph.. not fast enough.
DRAGSTRIP, has less rpm and more mph faster.
What is your experinece? Or fave drive modes

Thanks Anthony

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have stock roush warranty tune from dealer. I dont think I can do that. What's the true power rpms on these coyotes?? I'm trying to figure out the speed, then nail it drag mode. I'm still learning. Thanks for reply
Anthony
Anthony the Roush makes boost almost instantly as I’m sure you have noticed even with just the stock calibration and no other mods. You will need to find the sweet spot (rpm) for your specific car because they will all differ a little depending on mods and tune. Once you have found your sweet spot drop the gear shifter into sport, paddle down to the gear, rpm and speed you want and slam the go fast pedal as soon as you do that put the shifter immediately back in drive and let the PCM do the shifting as it was designed to do.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for reply. I have stock roush tune, car is still under warranty. Doesnt shelby Gt500s have this feature??
I have found w blower changes things on coyote and powerband and drive modes. I love SPORT+, car is torquey and aggressive, but it honestly doesnt give you the most speed, mph.. not fast enough.
What is your experinece? Or fave drive modes

Thanks Anthony
I only drive in normal mode… not a fan of the shifting characteristics of anything above normal mode. Only use something higher than normal if I’m just going to do a full send and then switch right back to normal. My car even in normal mode just wants to go, so in sport or higher it really wants to go and is not happy when you let off because of normal traffic conditions when driving it as a daily driver. Normal mode works just fine in my case for letting anyone who wants to take a shot at me to see my tail lights.

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for reply. I have stock roush tune, car is still under warranty. Does the shelby Gt500s have this feature??
I have found w blower changes things on coyote and powerband and drive modes. I love SPORT+, car is torquey and aggressive, but honest give you the most speed, mph.. fast enough.
What is your experinece? Or face drive

Last edited:

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I put the car in second and punch it ,if im lucky I wont spin but sport or regular does not make much difference if you are doing the shifting (TC off)

At what MPH are you starting from is the question though

Last edited:

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Just turn traction control completely off.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Does the Roush calibration alter Drive mode or select shift/manual mode?

My 6R80 calibration is altered in D only. So I select shift a gear in S, then go WOT, and slap the shifter back up to D during acceleration in that gear.
Sponsored