Where's my front end?

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Have my GT PP1 for about 2 weeks now and for the life of me I can't judge where the front splitter is when head in parking. i normally end up either backing into spots when there is a curb or end up being about a foot away from curb when going nose in. Anyone have any tricks they use when parking?
Sponsored

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I use the underside of the driver's mirror housing as reference. Once I can start to see the side walk or the parking bar of the spot next to me under the housing, I know I'm close enough. I'm also short and sit a little lower in my seat, but it's worked for me on 12 different cars I've owned over 10 years of driving. My advice would be to pull the car in a safe/comfortable distance and then see if that works for you. Usually gets me 4-6 inches away from whatever is in the end of the parking spot.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I also use the drivers side mirror as a reference point (or back in with the camera)

Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
This is also an issue for me. Can't always back in as some of the places I frequent for work specify forward parking only.

orangefury5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I usually back in, but if in a hurry i try to use the reflection of the car next to me to see how close i am.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I just park way back because I hate backing it.

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I use the underside of the driver's mirror housing as reference. Once I can start to see the side walk or the parking bar of the spot next to me under the housing, I know I'm close enough. I'm also short and sit a little lower in my seat, but it's worked for me on 12 different cars I've owned over 10 years of driving. My advice would be to pull the car in a safe/comfortable distance and then see if that works for you. Usually gets me 4-6 inches away from whatever is in the end of the parking spot.
This for sure. I use the underside of my side mirror. Once I see the curb line up on the underside of the mirror I'm good.
Sponsored