Sponsored

Front end clunking

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
This has been bothering me for awhile. I have a barton short throw and the brace to connect it to the body and the boomba transmission mount. At low speeds in first gear i sometimes get bad cluncking and feels like the engine is rocking. Im not sure if its related to any mods but sometimes its really bad and i dont know where to begin trying to diagnose this. Car only has 46000 miles.
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I'd imagine that what you're hearing is drivetrain slack. These cars can get clunky once you start strengthening parts of the drivetrain and others haven't been braced.

For example mine is kinda clunky because I have the rear diff bushings and also UPR adjustable motor mounts. So because I haven't done my drive shaft or shifter I can feel slack from time to time.

Perhaps think about replacing the motor mounts? I love the UPR ones and I was able to lower the engine half inch too.

OP
OP

KilluminatiDre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'd imagine that what you're hearing is drivetrain slack. These cars can get clunky once you start strengthening parts of the drivetrain and others haven't been braced.

For example mine is kinda clunky because I have the rear diff bushings and also UPR adjustable motor mounts. So because I haven't done my drive shaft or shifter I can feel slack from time to time.

Perhaps think about replacing the motor mounts? I love the UPR ones and I was able to lower the engine half inch too.
Oh yea that reminds me i have diff bushings also. I was thinking about motor mounts but wasn't sure if that would help my situation. I will have to look into those then.
Sponsored