When you buy.....

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Jajjaaja. I like a lot Meguire's Ultimate Black.

Have you used it and how you compare them? Also how is the durability of Mothers?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
All I’ve found with such trim restorers is some only make the trim look worse after a rain or the fading just gets worse over time due to the chemicals in the product.

If you’re using the product because wax or polish stained the black trim, yes the product above will make it look blacks again, but it won’t remove the residue and in a few weeks time, the trim will look as bad as before the application.

To remove wax or polish on the black trim, successful removal has been tried and proven to work over the years on multiple forums using:
1) peanut butter on a toothbrush - apply, work it into stain and then wash/dry
2) Pink pencil erasers - again, use eraser over residue spot, rub in and wash/dry

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
All I’ve found with such trim restorers is some only make the trim look worse after a rain or the fading just gets worse over time due to the chemicals in the product.

If you’re using the product because wax or polish stained the black trim, yes the product above will make it look blacks again, but it won’t remove the residue and in a few weeks time, the trim will look as bad as before the application.

To remove wax or polish on the black trim, successful removal has been tried and proven to work over the years on multiple forums using:
2) Pink pencil erasers - again, use eraser over residue spot, rub in and wash/dry
Thanks for the feedback and tips. I use it as a maintenance just like when i wash the car. No stained yet.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

I use goo gone it works perfect to get wax residue off black trim. Not goof off but the citrus base goo gone.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OK, I’ll bite. Why did your wife get all excited?
LOL I thought once you went you never came back. but she did come back if she was thinking about going back... IM confused.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Dang guys, don't you know she was talking about that gray hair and mustache. :)
Sponsored