Sponsored

Were you Ford/Mustang biased when deciding to buy?

BigSam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Hi all,
New guy here. Were you already biased (or a fan of) Ford or the Mustang brand when deciding to buy a new Mustang? If not, what other vehicles were you looking at or drove prior to buying your Mustang? I've been looking at a new car for the past 6 months and I'm looking for something fun. I thought I had made my decision until I drove the new GT now I'm set on buyng a new GT with Performance Package. I was just curious if anyone else shopped around and what other cars they were considering before they decided in the Mustang.
Sponsored

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Nope. I wouldnt own a Mustang from the years of 1971-2014.

I didn't care for the lame looks and visibility of the Camaro and the massive size of the Challenger.

I considered getting a Range Rover Evoque but already have a "utility" vehicle.

And every other car I want I can't afford. An F-Type, C7, Viper, Alfa 4c... There are a lot I want. I won't ever just "go shopping for a car" or cross shop what normal people like. I get what I want...the Mustangs awesome looks stood out to me, along with the IRS, PP, and the price. It was a no brainer for me.

Last edited:

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
I've wanted another mustang since I got rid of my '06. I went to imports for a number of years and now that it's time for a new car the Mustang is calling my name. Not even considering other options because it wouldn't matter, I've already made up my mind.

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
I'm absolutely NOT Mustang biased. In fact I'm very Corvette biased. I'm struggling right now to decide between a very well equipped GT and a base Stingray. Of course that well equipped Mustang is 15 grand cheaper too. It's an agonizing decision and I'm not sure how to decide.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
never even imagined owning a mustang until i realized that the 2015 gtpp was unmatched in bang for buck

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Mustang and Viper guy since I was a kid. Both dreams cars; Mustang is within reach price rise while Viper will probably never be within reach for me. I bought my dreamcar back in 2008, and I'm about to do it again in 2015.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Camero was a choice until I had to take GM to court because I have a lemon of a Buick Regal! After owning GM cars my entire life I decided it was time for a change. I now own a F-150 and a 2015 S550 GT!
Also was looking at an SHO.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
dont you love it when you drive your dream car?

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Nope. I wouldnt own a Mustang from the years of 1971-2014.

I didn't care for the lame looks and visibility of the Camaro and the massive size of the Challenger.

And every other car I want I can't afford. Mustangs awesome looks stood out to me, along with the IRS, PP, and the price. It was a no brained for me.
+1

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I had been following the new 2015 Mustang ever since there were pictures of it. Loved the look. As a retired guy I was looking for something fun to drive. I hated the look of the Challenger (and the size too), test drove a Camaro, but visibility was awful and although I used to be a GM guy, their track record in the past 20-30 years has been atrocious and I was frankly afraid to buy one of their products. I took delivery of my 2015 Mustang GT with PP on March 6th and I love it. I did some mods to it to make it the car that was me (Ford Racing Touring Cat-Back exhaust, Forgestar CF10 Brushed Titanium wheels, 20% tint on side and rear glass were the major changes). The wild card is what the 2016 Camaro will be, but rumor is visibility won't be improved and I still would be concerned about build quality and reliability with a GM product. Good luck with your decision!

Sponsored

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Honestly, I never considered buying a Mustang before the 15. I know there are lots of long time Mustang fans on here, and God bless them, but IMO the 15 is heads and shoulders above previous versions in the looks and refinement department, inside and out. They really nailed the design. The performance improvements ain't bad either.:thumbsup:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Nope

Furilic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP
I was originally very against mustangs because they are so popular here in Florida. I was planning on waiting for the new Camaro but after test driving the new 15 GT with performance package I knew I couldn't get any better value from a car. The challenger was never on my radar as I just find it too expensive when compared to its competition.

ORANG50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
665rwhp 531rwtq
Heavily biased towards Ford/Mustang here. I'm hesitant to say I'd never buy anything else, but it's not on the radar now.

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I've never owned a Mustang and haven't had a Ford in over a decade. I just sold my Audi S4, it was honestly a little boring. For a long time I've wanted a V8 Vantage. When the S550 came out I was floored. It's like an affordable, reliable Aston Martin!!!!
Sponsored