car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Must be getting close to the first deliveries - is anyone getting cars in Oct? I'll happily wash your car for a month if you give me a drive!!!:D
Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
I don't think any of the Oz cars have been shipped yet, so it could be some time away.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
Must be getting close to the first deliveries - is anyone getting cars in Oct? I'll happily wash your car for a month if you give me a drive!!!:D
You will need to come to Sydney if you want to wash my car...lol

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
They mention power folding rear seats and power rear windows...I thought the rear windows were fixed....???...also sneaky enough not to mention the decade of waiting time required.....

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Those are definitely just dealer placeholders for additional advertising. Nothing more.

You'll see real "delivery km's" units from private sellers once people start getting their cars in.

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
They mention power folding rear seats and power rear windows...I thought the rear windows were fixed....???...also sneaky enough not to mention the decade of waiting time required.....
Any S550 stang mentioning power rear windows, has to be referring to the convertible, or could be a typo or they have copied & paste the info to the wrong car.

BLK_OZ_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT manual (Oz-delivered)
Does anyone reckon people are going to actually make money?

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Does anyone reckon people are going to actually make money?
There's always profits to be made when supply is greatly overshadowed by demand.

Happens all the time with new AMG series cars with waiting lists, hell even with the 86. Waiting list on the 86 was a measely 6 months.

The Mustang on the other hand has a MASSIVE following. With a 12 - 14 month wait list (easily), before any advertising has even been done. You don't think anyone would pay over retail to skip the waiting list and own one on the spot?

BLK_OZ_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's always profits to be made when supply is greatly overshadowed by demand.

Happens all the time with new AMG series cars with waiting lists, hell even with the 86. Waiting list on the 86 was a measely 6 months.

The Mustang on the other hand has a MASSIVE following. With a 12 - 14 month wait list (easily), before any advertising has even been done. You don't think anyone would pay over retail to skip the waiting list and own one on the spot?
I'm certainly hoping they will if you know what I mean but IMHO you'd have to be desperate or stupid and with too much money to do it. Come January I'm hoping there are plenty of desperate and stupid people around.

You thinking +$10k? +20k?

Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Mate... I'm not even hoping. It's literally guaranteed :lol:

I'm willing to bet you my car, that there will be people willing to pay a premium and say "F-You" to the waiting list. $10K is nothing. I had a guy offer me that 4 months ago. I'm expecting (conservatively) $25 - 30k. I'll ditch my first batch January vehicle for anything $30K and above. To me personally, $30K is definitely worthwhile for me waiting another 5 months, get the car for 1/2 price basically :D

But there are an abundance of people that will be more than willing to part with $20 - 30G's if it means no waiting. That's not exactly a large amount of money for some, so I wouldn't call people who are willing to buy it off you stupid. Would be loose change to them. They place a higher value in owning the vehicle "right now", over having just another few dollars in cash.

Hell, I even have a friend who offered to buy my pre-order. He's lucky I feel bad for taking a profit off him!

PS: Before the inevitable "You can't buy/transfer pre-orders". Yes, I'm aware. You buy the car off the dealer, sell it "Used" on carsales or wherever else privately. Easy as cake.

BLK_OZ_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PS: Before the inevitable "You can't buy/transfer pre-orders". Yes, I'm aware. You buy the car off the dealer, sell it "Used" on carsales or wherever else privately. Easy as cake.
The only thing about that is that they're buying a second hand car off us and are therefore up for stamp duty which could be $4k if your +$30k number is right.

I'm thinking $10k is more realistic. I hope I'm wrong but $90k for a $60k car which is basically an outdated model already seems a bit high.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
The only thing about that is that they're buying a second hand car off us and are therefore up for stamp duty which could be $4k if your +$30k number is right.

I'm thinking $10k is more realistic. I hope I'm wrong but $90k for a $60k car which is basically an outdated model already seems a bit high.
That's a small issue imo. When someone is shelling out $95K for your car.

I'm confident you can get $10K today easily. Post up some ads. How do I know? I've been offered $10K just a few months ago, as mentioned.

Outdated? I don't follow. How so? Is the car already available here?

BLK_OZ_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a small issue imo. When someone is shelling out $95K for your car.

I'm confident you can get $10K today easily. Post up some ads. How do I know? I've been offered $10K just a few months ago, as mentioned.

Outdated? I don't follow. How so? Is the car already available here?
i like your optimism but $95k on a plain Mustang GT seems insane.

I say outdated because USA has already received updates to its Mustang that we don't get. Or if they haven't already they will by the time our shipments are underway.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Ah, so you're comparing with what's available overseas. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see how overseas model availability makes our factory spec rhd vehicles obsolete. Care to elaborate?

With regards to price. That is your opinion of course. Another individual can quite easily have more value for something than others.

Hence why special cars on short supply with long waiting lists always fetch a premium.
Sponsored