Sponsored

When installing new sway bars is it a must to upgrade to new ENDLINKS?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,

When installing new sway bars, is it a must to upgrade to new END LINKS as well?

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
I didn't, so interested to hear views from others

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I don’t know for the S550 specifically. I’d look at the hardware when it’s off. If a nut looks oblong, that’s a sign it’s intended as 1 use only.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
When I was calling different shops about sway bars and end links, I think everyone said if they had to choose between the two they would replace the end links. I have a 19GT PP1. I plan on changing mine this winter.
Good luck

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Endlinks aren’t required. They simply connect two points and as long as they aren’t bent, and are about the right length, who cares.

now, if your one of the many who’s front stock endlinks got bent, yeah go ahead and replace those. The rears are pretty short and I’ve never seen a bent one so I think those are plenty tough.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Is it a must? No. Should you? I’ll even go out on a limb and say I’d rather have end links than sway bars. I just swapped end links on my completely bone stock suspension (yes, end links was my first suspension mod) and the drivers front was bent. Both were bent on my S197 car when I swapped them out. I know of at least two other 350’s that snapped the end links in two. In other words, stock end links are a weak link (pun intended) on this platform. Money well spent IMO.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Is it a must? No. Should you? I’ll even go out on a limb and say I’d rather have end links than sway bars. I just swapped end links on my completely bone stock suspension (yes, end links was my first suspension mod) and the drivers front was bent. Both were bent on my S197 car when I swapped them out. I know of at least two other 350’s that snapped the end links in two. In other words, stock end links are a weak link (pun intended) on this platform. Money well spent IMO.
Ok, I got it!!! Thanks dude. I'm just trying to figure out wtf is causing the clunking noise on front of Stang. Maybe I bent a link?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Endlinks aren’t required. They simply connect two points and as long as they aren’t bent, and are about the right length, who cares.

now, if your one of the many who’s front stock endlinks got bent, yeah go ahead and replace those. The rears are pretty short and I’ve never seen a bent one so I think those are plenty tough.
I respectively, TOTALLY DISAGREE. The End Links ARE the Weak point of the sway bar and end link system. And the Helm joints on the End Links are what usually go out first.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I respectively, TOTALLY DISAGREE. The End Links ARE the Weak point of the sway bar and end link system. And the Helm joints on the End Links are what usually go out first.
Could a loose sway bar from moving. Around untightened damage an end link? And cause a racket..

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
how do you figure endlinks actually affect suspension movement?

sure if the parts are bad, replace them, but no sense spending money on things that do exactly what your old parts were doing and nothing more.

i did say replace any bent front endlinks.

Sponsored

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I had to with BMR front swaybar so that I could use the full stiff setting and not destroy my bushings with side loads.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
how do you figure endlinks actually affect suspension movement?

sure if the parts are bad, replace them, but no sense spending money on things that do exactly what your old parts were doing and nothing more
The fact that these are bending/breaking certainly tells me that these are under some severe load during cornering, so something is moving against them. Even if they're straight as an arrow now, it is certainly a weak link in the suspension and a worthwhile upgrade. The stock ones clearly do not do their job.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
If stock end-links are good enough for a GT 350 or GT 500, they are good enough for a PP. Of course things break... why I always have spare set (front and back). I have the track suspension with magneride on my PP... STOCK END-LINKS!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If stock end-links are good enough for a GT 350 or GT 500, they are good enough for a PP. Of course things break... why I always have spare set (front and back). I have the track suspension with magneride on my PP... STOCK END-LINKS!

The stock links are most certainly not good enough for a 350. If you review my earlier comment, I, along with several others have bent the stock ones and I know of two broke clean in half.

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
If the stock ones are in good shape and your car is a daily driver with no real track use, no, skip endlinks. Aftermarket endlinks often cause more issues than their worth on daily driver/street cars.

Wouldn't mess with them unless you need them for racing, or bend a stock one.

The stock ones are weak but also very quiet, and unless you're a geometry wiz, adjustable ones aren't going to provide any performance upgrade.
Sponsored