Sponsored

When can I order a MY18 car?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Something was wrong with his launch as there is no way an i3 would beat a Mustang GT over a quarter mile or similar. Plus the Mustang is a more challenging/interesting drive, especially with a stick, and some people like to be challenged.
Sponsored

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
I've got one and I love it :D
We've had even two for a while

I booked the test drive just to try something new/different and I was sold straight after (my car that day was Jeep SRT8 so not a slow car).

It's not a car for everyone but I like that it looks different than anything else on the road and that's probably why I wouldn't even consider e-Golf. It's just another Golf but electric.

I like that every cold winter morning the car is preheated to 20C and windows defrosted. In the summer I can leave our dog in the car with A/C on while we go shopping.

I can use all the power from first second after I turn it on (I drive 5 miles to work, so not much time to warm engine oil properly before I could have fun).

I'm not trying to prove that it's the best car in the world but saying that it's slow (170 BHP, around 7s 0-60) and rubbish is simply not true.

Try it, then judge it :)
DSC_0604.jpg

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
It's quite an aggressive looking little thing. Like its got a problem with someone...probably drives an EcoBoost. In red... ;)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Have you seen the Zoe E-sport? Proper sexy looking car
Yeah at Goodwood - bloody brilliant. Sure, I like the Mustang or ANY performance car, but you can't dismiss that, it's fantastic.

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got one and I love it :D
We've had even two for a while

I booked the test drive just to try something new/different and I was sold straight after (my car that day was Jeep SRT8 so not a slow car).

It's not a car for everyone but I like that it looks different than anything else on the road and that's probably why I wouldn't even consider e-Golf. It's just another Golf but electric.

I like that every cold winter morning the car is preheated to 20C and windows defrosted. In the summer I can leave our dog in the car with A/C on while we go shopping.

I can use all the power from first second after I turn it on (I drive 5 miles to work, so not much time to warm engine oil properly before I could have fun).

I'm not trying to prove that it's the best car in the world but saying that it's slow (170 BHP, around 7s 0-60) and rubbish is simply not true.

Try it, then judge it :)
I'm not an electric car advocate... yet. I'm not exactly and anxious person but range anxiety would ruin it for me I think; however, the i3 is quite an exotic place to be - styling is subjective, but it's a quality car. What most people forget is that when there is no engine sound, the engineering behind squeaks and rattles is on another planet.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Im sure it's a great car for getting from A to B cheaply but that's about it, can't see much excitement from it (can't even get it with a stick shift!!) but that's maybe what people want now. I do find it funny that we can discuss an i3 but anyone mention Camaro and all hell breaks lose!

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im sure it's a great car for getting from A to B cheaply but that's about it, can't see much excitement from it (can't even get it with a stick shift!!) but that's maybe what people want now. I do find it funny that we can discuss an i3 but anyone mention Camaro and all hell breaks lose!
Shh!

The Camaro is my favourite car. I nearly bought a 5th Gen and was gagging for a 6th - then stupid Ford brought the stupid Mustang here in RHD ;)

I'm still tempted to get one though..

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
As long as A-B is not greater than 200 miles (with extender, or 124 miles without), cheap only in fuel cost, £41,400 (with a reasonable spec, not fully loaded) for a car that does 200 miles for me is neither practical or cheap (especially as you have to pay the new tax for being over £40k) .... but I do get it if you live and stay in a city.....

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's quite an aggressive looking little thing. Like its got a problem with someone...probably drives an EcoBoost. In red... ;)
Eat haggis old man... That's what the faster (all) cars say to you right? :lol::lol:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
When I said I thought there were better ways to spend £45k I didn't mean an i3! .... so let's park it! (Prrrup-chhhhrrrrr, I'm here all week! Sorry, couldn't resist that one :D)

My experience isn't good and I'm not the only one. But I do love the car

I think you'll find that most of the people that post on this UK sub-forum, including a number that have reported issues since delivery, were posting on here a long time before their cars arrived in the UK. People such as myself. And didn't just start posting on here to trash the car.

I love my Mustang, it's cheaply made and has faults and the dealer network in my experience is piss poor.
Yes, I also loved the car - despite the faults - and I could have lived with that had the dealers and Ford got their respective acts together. From the time of ordering to the time I sold was about 2 1/2 years and in that whole time there was no appreciable improvement in attitude or knowledge or customer service from three of the four dealers I visited (the notable exception being Furrows in Telford, but they had just become a FordStore towards the end of my ownership so I assume had learnt the lessons - however they still charged me £10 for a service booklet that should have come with the car in the first place!).
On top of that was the whole pre-production ordering farce, and that was completely down to Ford (US and UK). No exact spec or options list even when the order needed to be finalised and locked-in for production in May 2015, so you had no certainty over what you'd actually end up with. And let's not forget the underseal fiasco and shocking availability of parts. Andy Barratt did a good job of trying to paper over the cracks but it was locking the stable door etc etc.
So at the moment I'm not seeing anything to reassure me that things will not be the same this time around, but costing me £10k more. That's simply not good enough.
Yes there is the argument that says people on forums such as this probably moan more than most because they have knowledge the general car buying public doesn't. But the counter-point is that the number of people on this forum is easily high enough to give a statistically representative sample for feedback on various things such as Ford Motor Company, dealer performance and issues with the car. When (in my case) 3 out of 4 dealers don't know their a:censored:se from their elbow, Ford Warranty give you the run-around on underseal/seat cover replacement etc, simple jobs take months to do etc etc - these are all issues that will be the same for everyone not just forum members.
The sad thing is I do actually want a 2018 Mustang (yes, I like the looks and the clear tail lights and the digital dash!), it's just the p:censored:ss poor performance of Ford and the dealers that is putting me off.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Scowling at you... ;)
it looks like a baby my18 in that picture.. now I see why OP went for it. From sad catfish to dribbling catfish.

Next up... Fiat 500 hate! :lol: (They're two cars I can't stand, hate them both, don't know why just look at them and hate them :lol:)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 500 is cute!

But even my wife hates the things... so you probably have a point. :D

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
it looks like a baby my18 in that picture.. now I see why OP went for it. From sad catfish to dribbling catfish.

Next up... Fiat 500 hate! :lol: (They're two cars I can't stand, hate them both, don't know why just look at them and hate them :lol:)
Let's not forget those god awful Vauxhall Corsa's :tsk:

;)

What was this thread about again? Oh yes, 2018 orders.

Don't ask me why but I keep tabs on the US section, specifically the thread on the upcoming MY18's. A post the other day mentioned some dates (for the US);

Order banks open; "mid august"
In showrooms; "November"
Website update; "October"

I would imagine for the UK, the deal will be very much the same as before. Deposits taken (probably from now) to get your place in the priority/waiting list. Then official orders get entered on to the Ford system in order. Specs firmed up when RHD production starts (early 18).

For anyone on the 2018 band wagon - some absolute genius in Germany came up with a 2018 builder;

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86446

It's just stock photos from Ford but good to play around with colours/wheels etc. Even I made one! OMM of course :D
Sponsored