When can I order a MY18 car?

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I'm sure if I spend the time searching I'll find it but a quick flick through the forums has failed. Simple question:

When will the orders for my18 cars be opened. I was able to order a MY17 and receive it as one of the first 17's this side of the pond.

I've got an itch for a 18 and just wondered when I should be thinking about selling my GB 17 and placing an order for the next gen.

I've also got to work on Mrs Tack so need to bear that in mind!

I'm out the loop as I own one so are the uk dealers taking orders for the new colours and specs yet?
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
September

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Also it's not next gen, just a facelift :cheers:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
September
^^

heard this too, although that was in the American section somewhere so take that with a pinch of salt for the UK.

Highly doubt they will build any RHD this year but that's just my opinion!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
^^

heard this too, although that was in the American section somewhere so take that with a pinch of salt for the UK.

Highly doubt they will build any RHD this year but that's just my opinion!
Spoke to the dealer yesterday they say orders can be placed in September for delivery mid to late next year, they also said they had to order enough 17 mustangs to cover this period until 18 are available

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Spoke to the dealer yesterday they say orders can be placed in September for delivery mid to late next year, they also said they had to order enough 17 mustangs to cover this period until 18 are available
So as they're not going to be building MY17 beyond the next couple of months the dealers have to estimate how many they're likely to sell in the next year and have them as stock? That'll not help resale value, especially if they reduce the price to get rid of stock as the MY18 gets closer. Also makes it difficult for a buyer to get their exact spec.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I'd not worry, it will come, for now enjoy the current gen if you own one, for those with no Mustang and waiting, I feel your pain. :D

Latest rumour is MY18 is 475HP out the factory, if true that is hugely impressive. Also means a simply tune will crack 500 horses.

My only concern is the 10-speed and if it will handle additional power, hopefully Ford understand how owners like to modify and the unit can handle some extra horses.

GM uprated the 10-speed for the ZL1, which means if the regular 10-speed is not uprated on Mustang it might be a bit sensitive particular to additional torque, we shall have to see.

The good news is us UK owners won't get one until 6-12 months after US customers so we shall know if there is any issues with the new DI/PI and 10-speed platform.

My thinking however is if the car is 475HP (UK probably be around 455-460HP) unless they give us proper headers this time but with the 10-speed it will be one extremely rapid car, suspect it will easily pull away from my 500HP car simply due to modern tech and that crazy fast 10-speed box.

I remember when 911's went from regular 3.8 and tiptronic to the 3.8 DI/PI and PDK, though they only gained 30HP, the performance difference between the two cars was staggering, felt more like 100HP difference.

I am still on the fence, I keep fucking spending money on my car, haha and superchargers keep emailing me offers to buy them. :D

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^^^ Well said!

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I'd not worry, it will come, for now enjoy the current gen if you own one, for those with no Mustang and waiting, I feel your pain. :D

Latest rumour is MY18 is 475HP out the factory, if true that is hugely impressive. Also means a simply tune will crack 500 horses.

My only concern is the 10-speed and if it will handle additional power, hopefully Ford understand how owners like to modify and the unit can handle some extra horses.

GM uprated the 10-speed for the ZL1, which means if the regular 10-speed is not uprated on Mustang it might be a bit sensitive particular to additional torque, we shall have to see.

The good news is us UK owners won't get one until 6-12 months after US customers so we shall know if there is any issues with the new DI/PI and 10-speed platform.

My thinking however is if the car is 475HP (UK probably be around 455-460HP) unless they give us proper headers this time but with the 10-speed it will be one extremely rapid car, suspect it will easily pull away from my 500HP car simply due to modern tech and that crazy fast 10-speed box.

I remember when 911's went from regular 3.8 and tiptronic to the 3.8 DI/PI and PDK, though they only gained 30HP, the performance difference between the two cars was staggering, felt more like 100HP difference.

I am still on the fence, I keep fucking spending money on my car, haha and superchargers keep emailing me offers to buy them. :D
The tests on the ZL1 with the 10 speed show the manual to be slightly quicker in the right hands, so I wouldn't discount your car just yet. There's plenty of time for Ford to get it wrong ;)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The tests on the ZL1 with the 10 speed show the manual to be slightly quicker in the right hands, so I wouldn't discount your car just yet. There's plenty of time for Ford to get it wrong ;)
Thats on a track where manuals are generally always as quick if not better as the driver can do things an auto box will not allow to help control and pedal the car quicker.

In all test otherwise, 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile the 10-speed as tested to be quicker. 0-60 is nearly half a second faster on the 10-speed, 3.5 vs 3.9s. :)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Thats on a track where manuals are generally always as quick if not better as the driver can do things an auto box will not allow to help control and pedal the car quicker.

In all test otherwise, 0-60, 0-100, 1/4 mile the 10-speed as tested to be quicker. 0-60 is nearly half a second faster on the 10-speed, 3.5 vs 3.9s. :)
I've never done a 0-60mph on public roads, in any car, nor done a 1/4 mile in my own car (plenty of track days, but even then, not in my own back yard) so I doubt in reality, there's anything in it whilst stuck on the M25 in rush hour traffic :p

I do understand your point so if Ford get it right at 475hp, or whatever it turns out to be, then it should make for a brutally quick 50-70mph time (if it needs to shift at all!).

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've never done a 0-60mph on public roads, in any car, nor done a 1/4 mile in my own car (plenty of track days, but even then, not in my own back yard) so I doubt in reality, there's anything in it whilst stuck on the M25 in rush hour traffic :p

I do understand your point so if Ford get it right at 475hp, or whatever it turns out to be, then it should make for a brutally quick 50-70mph time (if it needs to shift at all!).
I generally drive everywhere. But when I had a PDK Porsche every set of lights was a 0-60 grand prix, plus it was a Boxster so it was kind of fun putting to shame some big exotic stuff in a little Boxster. People fail to realise that modern Boxster is a damn quick car and with PDK it was rattling of 0-60 in 4.4s. :D

But yes MY18 could be very quick indeed, I love the SMG on the M3 and with my motorsport diff it could do with 7-8 gears for sure especially when cruising.

I suspect the 10 speed will have 7 short gears for acceleration and 3 overdrive gears plus it can block shift so in auto mode it won't necessarily be changing gear all the time as it will just block shift from say 3-5 or 5-7 for example. Raptor owners only have praise for it and ZL1 owners love it, so lets hope Ford don't fuck it up in the Mustang. :D
Sponsored