Sponsored

Wheel Recommendations

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I was told 19x10 up front on a 285 would be fine, and I read some people on the forums that ran a 295 on a 19x10 in the front with no issues. The apex guy said 19x11 ET52 in the front would require a 25mm spacer and at least -2.75* camber.
Yes, a 285 on 19x10, +35 is fine in the front. Zero issues. For reference in your other measurements, you'll be left with about a thumb width of space from the tire to the suspension.

A 19x11 with an effective +27, you'd have to study photos. Poke? And everything that could come with that, like more rocks against body panels. A 19x10.5 with a +24 pokes a half inch.

I do understand you are modding the suspension and possibly changing the alignment.

First pic, 19x10, +35.

skye 357s 002.jpg

Second pic, factory 19x10.5, +24.

skye factory rims 001.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I'm kind of indifferent to square or staggered. I'm currently trying to figure out what brand has the best quality between Apex, SVE, and P6GR. The SVE S350 19x10/11 kit is such a good price but I kinda feel like that might mean the quality isn't great.
I have all three of those brands and while Apex are the nicest of the lot, you can feel pretty good about buying any.

P6GR wait times may suck, and their CS isn’t the best these days but I still love the product. They require small diameter lugs which is my only beef with them. (7-spokes satin black). Finish has held up well for like 5+ years. Look great with PP1 center caps.

Apex (SM-10 anthracite) have knurled beads and the easiest access to full diameter lugs. Great finish. good CS. No complaints.

SVE (SP2 bronze)use full diameter lugs too but the finish isn’t as impressive and the damn lug nut cone seats are coated, which takes a bunch of mount/unmount and driving for it to finally flake off. Not a big deal but causes my lugs to stick. Apex OTOH have perfectly machined bare metal on those lug seating surfaces. The SVEs are great for the price, and look fantastic.

for street wheels which might see some track time, I’d just get some 10/10 square ET35 wheels and call it a day. Fitment is easy and you’ll get 95%+ of the grip you’d get with a square 11” set with less darty daily driving highway manners. I’ve tracked the 10” square wheels plenty (and stock 9/9.5” PP1 wheels before that) and they’re fine.

If you want to be crazy and daily on 11” front wheels you’ll get my respect and the car will look mean as hell, but Apex guys are right, you’ll want like 2.7 or more front camber to tuck them in the fenders.

D4DDAC76-330F-49DF-B18D-6A60455E9FCB.jpeg

B68AA102-6095-4DE8-BD75-34D6C1F0D15A.jpeg

18C94F7F-5D81-48AA-AD16-0B4B8EFF57E1.jpeg

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I'm kind of indifferent to square or staggered. I'm currently trying to figure out what brand has the best quality between Apex, SVE, and P6GR. The SVE S350 19x10/11 kit is such a good price but I kinda feel like that might mean the quality isn't great.
I think square vs. staggered boils down to the convenience and cost savings of square vs. the look of staggered. I like the staggered look better but chose square for economic reasons.

The paint finish might not be quite as nice with the SVEs, but they are flow formed construction and I've never heard of anyone having durability issues with them.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
How do Signature wheels stack up against the SVE and other brands being mentioned in this thread?

TopJimmyCooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem PP; 2019 EcoBoost Prem
Vehicle Showcase
sup yall

So I'm looking into a new wheel setup for my 2022 mustang gt premium without magneride. I just recently ordered Bilstein B16 coilovers with Vorshlag camber plates. This car is my daily with some frequent spirited canyon driving and plans for occasional track days. What I'm looking for in terms of wheel setup is quite comprehensive and I apologize if it's too much to ask, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

First, I'd like to put my adjustable coilovers and camber plates to use. I believe the B16s lower the car between 20-45mm, and the Vorshlag camber plates can add up to -2.5* camber. I like the look of bigger tires, so I've been looking at 19 and 18 inch wheels. I've also heard that a square setup is ideal for grip, but I emailed someone at Apex wheels and they said their 19x11 wheel in the front would require -2.75* camber, which is more than the Vorshlag plates allow. Some brands I've considered are Rays, OZ, Enkei, Rotiform, BBS, Apex, and the Mach 1 HP wheels.

The representative at Apex said a staggered setup would probably work best for me--19x11 SM-10 in the rear wrapped in a 305 and 19x10 up front in a 285 tire. My problem is that the silver SM-10 is sold out, and I'm not the biggest fan of the EC-7. I also read that a 275/285 wouldn't be enough tire in the front. I've also looked into the Mach 1 HP wheel kit, which comes at a great price, and I could run 315 in the rear and 305 in the front. The only issue with the Mach 1 wheels seems to be that they might rub in the front on the lowered coilovers since they poke out a bit? But maybe adding camber would solve that. The Mach 1 wheels are also quite heavy.

I guess all in all, I'm looking for a setup that would let me use the functionality of my coilovers and camber plates, give plenty grip for spirited driving, and ideally be flush to the fenders, without rubbing. It's probably a lot lol but wheel fitment seems pretty complicated to me. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks so much.
I shared this when I first took off my OEM wheels. Hope this helps a bit.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ls-showroom-gallery-thread.76793/post-2829974

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
i, too, wish we could just have a square setup. then i could just carry one full sized spare.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
How do Signature wheels stack up against the SVE and other brands being mentioned in this thread?
When comparing Signature Wheels to anyone else, its going to be about money. Signature makes a fantastic product, but they can cost thousands dollars for four. SVE? About $1200 a set.

IMO, SVE is great flow-formed rim. A mid-range wheel? Something in-between custom billets and cast pieces. APEX and Steeda also have fine offerings, similar in class/price/weight to SVE. Between the three of them, I think anyone can find at least one wheel they'd be very happy with.

Last edited:

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Fyi i ran at the beginning vorshlag plate with FP shocks 19x11 squared with APEX.
Vorshlag allowed me up to -3
u will be absolutely fine
25mm for 305mm
28mm for 315
Longer studs and open lug nut (all in OPMUSTANG.COM

305 Squared is not only better from a grip prospective but allows u to rotate them for way better wearing.

18x11 allows u to save money on the tire costs.
Many nice fast 200tw options

APEX for the win for sure.
I have sets of flow formed and fully forged.
Of course both track tested.
Let me know if u need anything!
Alessandro

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Signature Wheels are great, there is a thread on here somewhere about them being made by BC Forged. I’ve had BC Forged on my PP1 for a little over a year now and I like them so much I just got another set for my GT350

OP
OP
zxch

zxch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Fyi i ran at the beginning vorshlag plate with FP shocks 19x11 squared with APEX.
Vorshlag allowed me up to -3
u will be absolutely fine
25mm for 305mm
28mm for 315
Longer studs and open lug nut (all in OPMUSTANG.COM

305 Squared is not only better from a grip prospective but allows u to rotate them for way better wearing.

18x11 allows u to save money on the tire costs.
Many nice fast 200tw options

APEX for the win for sure.
I have sets of flow formed and fully forged.
Of course both track tested.
Let me know if u need anything!
Alessandro
Really great info, thanks

If I were to do:
- square setup 19x11 ET52 apex sm-10
- OPMustang 14mm GT4 studs with open lugs
- OPMustang 25mm spacers
- Vorshlag Plates
- Bilstein B16 coilovers
- Michelin PS4S 305/30-19

would I be good to go?

also when you had the 19x11 square setup, how much were you lowered, and what was the camber angle?

thanks so much

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)

If I were to do:
- OPMustang 25mm spacers
- Vorshlag Plates
- Bilstein B16 coilovers

would I be good to go?

also when you had the 19x11 square setup, how much were you lowered, and what was the camber angle?

thanks so much
I ran that same setup with the larger OEM shocks setup.
I think is good.
-2.8 camber
on BMR LINEAR SPRINGS ( THE BEST for oem shocks) drop of 0.75 inch

I am now on CORTEX JRi coilovers.
Running -3.8 with a 28mm spacer.
I can fit 315mm in the front and rear square.

I would look into the 18".....

Screenshot_20221003-222623.png

Screenshot_20221003-222611.png

Screenshot_20221003-222534.png

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

If I were to do:
- OPMustang 25mm spacers
- Vorshlag Plates
- Bilstein B16 coilovers

would I be good to go?

thanks so much
you should be gtg with that parts list. The GT4 spacers are a little longer than you need for the 25mm spacers, so you’ll have a bit more thread sticking out from the open lugs, but otoh it will allow a wider spacer later if you want to go to 315s or something.

the steeda camber plates work well and can get just as much camber while costing a lot less than the vorshlags.

3 deg should be enough for 305s ET50-52 on 25mm soacers

OP
OP
zxch

zxch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
you should be gtg with that parts list. The GT4 spacers are a little longer than you need for the 25mm spacers, so you’ll have a bit more thread sticking out from the open lugs, but otoh it will allow a wider spacer later if you want to go to 315s or something.

the steeda camber plates work well and can get just as much camber while costing a lot less than the vorshlags.

3 deg should be enough for 305s ET50-52 on 25mm soacers
sweet, sounds good. and whats the consensus on daily driving 19x11 square? above you mentioned darty highway manners, should i be concerned for rain season in socal? little worried about tramlining

Last edited:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
sweet, sounds good. and whats the consensus on daily driving 19x11 square? above you mentioned darty highway manners, should i be concerned for rain season in socal? little worried about tramlining
well new MP4S will be ok for tramlining and they’re pretty good in water
 but

11” wide tires do tramline worse than 10” wide tires and a year or two down the road when they get older and harder they may get frustrating to drive because of that. You may be able to manage it with toe settings IDK. Depends on how sensitive you are to stuff like that.

same for hydroplaning
 the MP4S are pretty good about water but on paper 305s will hydroplane faster than 285s

this is one reason my daily set are 285 MP4S on 10s and I save the sticky 11” tires for occasional use.

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Im in norcal. No issue at all. Just pick a good tire for rain. Although you dont see lots of rain.
I almost feel a good 200tw tire fould be a great option for rain and track. (re 71rs. Rs4. Rt660 etc)
Tramlining is more related to type of tires honestly.
Sponsored