Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
will it poke out too much im not deadset on these rims just like the simple design of it
Lots of folks running +35 on all 4. Should be a nice fitment.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
you can find all Mustang wheels sizes here and their wheel specs. Make sure the center bore is exact. It is used for alignment. I prefer to use stock offsets or at least as close as possible. If you want to use the same on all four, get the larger positive offset of the two and add a spacer of the difference to get proper fitment.

I preselected the 2018 for you:
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/mustang/2018/

According to the website, these are the wheel sizing (the number after the 'ET' is the offset). PCD is for lug spacing.:

1609856056563.png

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
you can find all Mustang wheels sizes here and their wheel specs. Make sure the center bore is exact. It is used for alignment. I prefer to use stock offsets or at least as close as possible. If you want to use the same on all four, get the larger positive offset of the two and add a spacer of the difference to get proper fitment.

According to the website, these are the wheel sizing (the number after the 'ET' is the offset). PCD is for lug spacing.:

1609856056563.png
Most who want aftermarket wheels are trying to get away from stock wheel and tire sizes determined to a great extent by cost açcountants. And stock wheel offsets give you that pushed in look most don't want.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Most who want aftermarket wheels are trying to get away from stock wheel and tire sizes determined to a great extent by cost açcountants. And stock wheel offsets give you that pushed in look most don't want.
The wheels are placed, not for looks but for handling. You may feel they sit pushed in but in reality, they are to obtain a certain track width to gain a certain handling be it counter understeer/oversteer, scrub radius, spring stiffness, etc. Offset is not for looks. It is part of suspension setup.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The wheels are placed, not for looks but for handling. You may feel they sit pushed in but in reality, they are to obtain a certain track width to gain a certain handling be it counter understeer/oversteer, scrub radius, spring stiffness, etc. Offset is not for looks. It is part of suspension setup.
Is it tho? I was under the impression they're trying to get a certain amount of overhang and clearance for things like snow chains, and they need to be placed properly for the right aero for fuel economy purposes. Pushing the front wheels out pushes them into the airstream not protected by the front fenders, which increases drag, etc.

I'm sure there's something to the track width that affects handling too, don't dispute that, but its not like the factory offsets are not like a "magic number" for handling..

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Is it tho? I was under the impression they're trying to get a certain amount of overhang and clearance for things like snow chains, and they need to be placed properly for the right aero for fuel economy purposes. Pushing the front wheels out pushes them into the airstream not protected by the front fenders, which increases drag, etc.

I'm sure there's something to the track width that affects handling too, don't dispute that, but its not like the factory offsets are not like a "magic number" for handling..
Track width is measured from the centerline of the tire between the two tires on a single axel. If the track width did not matter, why does the PP2 have very different offsets than does the PP1 or base GT? Clearly, it must matter an a little bit goes a long way.

Do a search on changing track width and you will find lots of handling affects are tied to that change.

For example.
If you use a smaller offset, the tire will get push away from the wheel well.
This will make the springs feel softer because you are lengthening the moment arm.
Pushing the tire further away will change the scrub radius. I believe it will tend to increase it. If this increases the scrub radius, steering effort goes up and so will the wear on a tire.
Widening the front can increase oversteer. Widening the rear could increase understeer.

I would love to know how many of those Mustang that are shown on youTube losing control are because of suspension or wheel changes.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you look here (I preselected 2019), you can see all the offsets for a Mustang based on type
https://www.wheel-size.com/size/ford/mustang/2019/

Even within say a GT, you have different offsets based on tire /wheel sizes.

1610134370845.png
The track width and wheel offsets on the PP2 are a direct consequence of fitting a 305 tire in the available space in the wheel well. Its that simple.

They use those offsets because its the only place you can squeeze in that large of a tire without significant redesign to the body or suspension. I run 305s on my car and an very familiar with the clearances in the wheel well.

OP
OP
thecloneranger

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt

1609856056563.png
thank you so much i really appreciate it
Sponsored