Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Not a big fan right now
All that aftermarket suspension components and you still have hop? Good thing I didn't go steeda/bmr. Not a slight on you, just generally speaking.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gsus32

Gsus32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
All that aftermarket suspension components and you still have hop? Good thing I didn't go steeda/bmr. Not a slight on you, just generally speaking.
I feel it lol I was beyond annoyed when it still hopped, between the wheel hop and other small issues I’ve had with the car. It’s made me wish I would have just gone with a hellcat instead

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It’s made me wish I would have just gone with a hellcat instead
Haha don't kid yourself.. Hellcats have plenty of wheel hop too. It's the tires. Like I said early, as soon as I went bias ply all the hop issues were gone. But I ain't running hellcat horsepower haha.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have a lot of great reviews on the Steeda Ultimate Stop the Hop Kit - one four (4) star that's a result of wheel hop in cold weather:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129.html

You can take the walking approach, start with the starter kit & slowly add until your wheel hop is greatly reduced.

There are many reviews on the subject - & the same kit above is the same kit we install on our Steeda Performance Vehicles that are pushing 800 hp ... along with our Steeda Silver Bullet, here is what BIlly Johnson had to say about the package:

https://www.steedablog.com/2017/07/25/tested-steeda-anti-wheel-hop-package/

Take a look at this video showing what's taking place under the vehicle:

JP_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Last week I installed Steeda subframe braces, IRS bushing kit, subframe alignment kit, red diff. bushings, strut tower brace and g-trac brace. The car feels like a completely different car! My wheel hop, though it is still present, is nearly completely gone! It’s very mild compared to what it was. I’m excited to finish of the suspension with Steeda to see how much further the car will improve.

Sponsored

Blacktop17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT , 1986 GT
Vehicle Showcase
All my Steeda and BMR parts I installed performed as expected. Car handles great. I still have hop though like many others. It takes more than just a couple parts. To comment on Bias ply tires fixing the problem, I have to say it would probably make my car handle like poo.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well this thread is a bit disappointing. lol I've had people tell me taming the IRS is as simple as a tire... or cradle lock out. Opinions are all over the place and it seems results are different for everyone. Ugh. I'm NEVER one of the fortunate ones. If money can be spent to end up with poor results... I'm your guy. :?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What did you end up going with - Tires & the cradle lock out kit?

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What did you end up going with - Tires & the cradle lock out kit?
If you are asking me... I'm still 100% stock on the PP1 platform. I didn't have any traction issues until I switched to a PBD tune and it really woke up the car. My struggle is I'm not just looking for straight line and bigger sidewall tire. I bought the car to auto-x. So a street radial will be a common thing for me. Here's the wheel hop. It's not always just in 1st gear.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you are asking me... I'm still 100% stock on the PP1 platform. I didn't have any traction issues until I switched to a PBD tune and it really woke up the car. My struggle is I'm not just looking for straight line and bigger sidewall tire. I bought the car to auto-x. So a street radial will be a common thing for me. Here's the wheel hop. It's not always just in 1st gear.
Shoot me your contact info & I can put you in contact with one of our build experts to get you some advice on which route you should go based on your set-up & future driving habits.

You can send to [email protected]

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored