AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Corsa extreme, no drone!
As long as not going long tubes as then the tone gets way too trumpety with the Xtremes. I ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers but kept their double x mated to ARH long tubes and added AWE Touring rear section. My favorite combo on this build so far. Still screams up top but with more character in the lower rpms and none of that trumpety tone.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Steeda axle backs are similar to Roush. Loud as hell with res delete.

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Thermal R&D catback with anti-drone resonator

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
lol it will only get a bit louder.

I'm running Roush axel backs and H pipe. It's LOUD! So loud that I considering putting the stock resonator back on, on the drive home from getting the H pipe installed. I said to myself, I'd give it a little bit of time before deciding.

I'm still running both and love it. I'm sure my neighbors aren't really happy with me, but I just recently bought a beater pickup so the mustang is now more of a fun car. I've driven it 3X in the last 2 1/2 weeks.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
MBRP race is basically a muffler delete with helmholtz resonator. Probably one of the loudest.

MBRP street without cats or resonator had no drone and was very loud at WOT and on cold starts.

Magnaflow 11229's without cats or resonator have some drone but quieter at WOT and cold starts than the mbrp street.

Muffler delete with OEM resonator and cats had no drone

MBRP street with OEM cats , no resonator had no drone and about the perfect volume level and sound imo. Cat deletes took it up to too loud so I went to 11229s and got some drone but I may install QTP cutouts infront of them just to have the ability to blast hell out the back of my car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I have a Pypes 3 inch axle back (basically muffler delete) with stock resonator. It's retarded loud especially at cold start and wide open. It's borderline already so I don't know how people do H Pipes with stuff like this, lol.

Drone wise its really not bad at all. A small amount at 2krpm, none anywhere else. I have the sound tube deleted and its very tolerable.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I have a Pypes 3 inch axle back (basically muffler delete) with stock resonator. It's retarded loud especially at cold start and wide open. It's borderline already so I don't know how people do H Pipes with stuff like this, lol.

Drone wise its really not bad at all. A small amount at 2krpm, none anywhere else. I have the sound tube deleted and its very tolerable.
But shouldn't it sound good and not just be tolerable?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
But shouldn't it sound good and not just be tolerable?
Things like drone are very subjective, some people have 0.0% tolerance for any. I can tolerate a minor drone that doesn't require me to shout for passengers to hear me, or to where I have to turn up the stereo to a stupid volume to block it out. I think my average listening volume went up 3 levels during a highway cruise. My friend's 08 GT has a Magnaflow system on it that's basically open chambers, and it drones way more but is far less loud than my setup. Her car I couldn't tolerate if I drove it all the time.

And the car does sound really good, actually. I've yet to have one person not love it. There's zero rasp too, unlike most Coyote setups I've heard. Hence why I'm willing to live with the minor drone that does exist. Sure, I could spend $1500 on a proper catback that sounds good and doesn't drone, but when I'm as happy as I am, its hard to justify.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
Flowmaster Outlaw is loudest I've heard. With that H-Pipe, it would drone like hell on the highway, though. You might think about some glasspacks if you want to save some money. They'd be loud.

Sponsored

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
Roush axle back and H-pipe sounds really good and is very loud especially a cold start. I wouldn't say there was much drone, if any at all. You definitely hear the exhaust in the car though. Once I installed the longtubes it was stupid loud. My neighbors who are elderly said it sounds like an explosion during a cold start.lol I just removed the Roush axleback and put on Xforce Varex active exhaust mufflers to tone it down. It's still pretty loud when the mufflers are fully open, but definitely not as loud as before.

HyperSol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hypermotive.com
First Name
Sol
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
As long as not going long tubes as then the tone gets way too trumpety with the Xtremes. I ultimately cut off the Corsa mufflers but kept their double x mated to ARH long tubes and added AWE Touring rear section. My favorite combo on this build so far. Still screams up top but with more character in the lower rpms and none of that trumpety tone.
I mean I do have an 11 but I have LT's, offroad h and res delete with extremes and have no drone. I have a small amount if i go 90+

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I mean I do have an 11 but I have LT's, offroad h and res delete with extremes and have no drone. I have a small amount if i go 90+
Oh ya no doubt Corsa nailed it on no drone just wasn't a fan of the trumpety tone after adding long tubes when accelerating.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Roush axle back and H-pipe sounds really good and is very loud especially a cold start. I wouldn't say there was much drone, if any at all. You definitely hear the exhaust in the car though. Once I installed the longtubes it was stupid loud. My neighbors who are elderly said it sounds like an explosion during a cold start.lol I just removed the Roush axleback and put on Xforce Varex active exhaust mufflers to tone it down. It's still pretty loud when the mufflers are fully open, but definitely not as loud as before.
I recently installed the completes Xforce header and catback system and it is great on startup but once warm and at idle it's almost as quiet as stock with the valves open. My questions for you is with only the rear mufflers on is it much louder. I'm contemplating removing the Xforce catback and having my mbrp custom fit to the headers and high flow cats. Or if the mufflers alone are fairly loud then just having the center muffler removed and using the two varex mufflers.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I recently installed the completes Xforce header and catback system and it is great on startup but once warm and at idle it's almost as quiet as stock with the valves open. My questions for you is with only the rear mufflers on is it much louder. I'm contemplating removing the Xforce catback and having my mbrp custom fit to the headers and high flow cats. Or if the mufflers alone are fairly loud then just having the center muffler removed and using the two varex mufflers.
My set-up is plenty loud with the longtubes, h-pipe and Xforce Varex axle back system. The key is that I have an H-pipe installed. The complete Xforce system has their resonator which is killing the sound. That's why I didn't do the complete cat-back system from Xforce. I would have a shop remove the Xforce resonator and make an H or X pipe instead. That should solve your problem.
Sponsored