Sponsored

What's In DFB's Cabinet?

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This sums up the situation............................

I've given up trying to know what's going on with the S650. Apparently RHD production started late April/ early May, despite me asking for updates, the salesman doesn't seem interested in finding those things out. Other customers have been sent emails from Ford welcoming them to the family, some have also been sent a Ford Performance gift pack, some have been notified of their car being made..................................

I've received none of that, although I have a VIN number. I thought being so early on the order list would have counted for something, but I suspect my dealer being a somewhat small country dealer that doesn't sell a lot of Mustang's means their allocations are not priority. I've also tried reaching out to Ford Australia and Ford USA and was basically told to bugger off. If I don't get a car in the first allocations (as in built this year), there is going to be hell to pay. I'm closing in on two years now.

I'm at the point where the whole thing has me quite depressed, it's something I'm dreading rather than looking forward to. And that's sad because it's the only thing that has kept me going over the last few years. I had planned to take long service leave when the car arrives (I'm due two lots of long service after having worked at the same place for 20 years now), but I'm so burnt out with no end in sight that I'm just on autopilot now.

First world problems.
Cancel your order, get a Harrop supercharger installed, add a short shifter, new steering wheel and retrim the interior to a leather and colour of your choice. You will have a total transformation of your old car giving you a new car experience for much less than the new car.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
With greasy fingerprints all over the car :frown:, and $540 later
Geeze D, that service department needs you to square them away! <grin> But the cost of those fingerprints is what would set me off. Here, the mechanic hourly rate seems to be $160/hr at the dealers I've checked. The "Roman" economy here has gone off the deep end BIG time and I truly worry about winding up with the same history.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Geeze D, that service department needs you to square them away! <grin> But the cost of those fingerprints is what would set me off. Here, the mechanic hourly rate seems to be $160/hr at the dealers I've checked. The "Roman" economy here has gone off the deep end BIG time and I truly worry about winding up with the same history.
Agreed, if I get my car back and find grease anywhere especially on the upholstery or headliner, I lose my shit :)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
A little mid week re-stock, along with some new products to try.

IMG-0366.jpg

The Rag's to Riches is a restock. I had intentions of trying something new, but after looking into it, consensus seems to be that R2R is the clear leader.

https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...e-towel-detergent?_pos=1&_sid=94454414c&_ss=r

The additional foam cannon cannister (with matching cap) is so I can store Bilt Hamber Touchless, meaning all I have to do is connect the foam cannon and off I go.

https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...oam-cannon-bottle?_pos=7&_sid=99451f891&_ss=r

Gyeon Quick Detailer was bought out of curiosity, those who have used it speak highly of it. Not that I was looking for a new quick detailer, I still love P&S Paint Gloss.

https://detailingshed.com.au/products/gyeon-q2m-quick-detailer?_pos=1&_sid=605fc3b72&_ss=r

3D Bead It Up is a polymer spray sealant, basically 3D's take on Bead Maker. From what I have seen, Bead It Up lasts longer and is easier to deal with. Bead Maker smells nicer though.

https://detailingshed.com.au/products/3d-bead-it-up-474ml-3-78l?_pos=3&_sid=2097c2f85&_ss=r

The newest product here is The Rag Company's new Ultra Wool Mitt, primarily designed for wheel cleaning. Compared to their microfiber Ultra Wheel Mitt, the Wool Mitt is much smaller, ideal for intricate wheels. I also like the trimmed cuff, which makes it easier to find the opening after floating in the bucket.

https://detailingshed.com.au/produc...wheel-mitt-2-pack?_pos=3&_sid=ada0bfcd2&_ss=r

IMG-0371.jpg

IMG-0369.jpg

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Cancel your order, get a Harrop supercharger installed, add a short shifter, new steering wheel and retrim the interior to a leather and colour of your choice. You will have a total transformation of your old car giving you a new car experience for much less than the new car.
I already have a Harrop supercharger in the fleet........................................ :like:

fgxm104.jpg

IMG-2890.jpg

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
The additional foam cannon cannister (with matching cap) is so I can store Bilt Hamber Touchless, meaning all I have to do is connect the foam cannon and off I go.
I think I've mentioned this before, D but I have never used a rinseless but recently picked up a bottle of P&S Absolute that I'll try soon. My problem is, my brain tells me "it won't be as clean" without the Full Monte wash. <smile>

But I like the idea of leaving the product in the cannon bottle so as to get right after it. I'll be interested to read what your thoughts are on BH Touchless.

I also like the trimmed cuff
Excellent idea as I can never find the "hole" in the OG woolies when I grab it from the bucket. <grin>

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I think I've mentioned this before, D but I have never used a rinseless but recently picked up a bottle of P&S Absolute that I'll try soon. My problem is, my brain tells me "it won't be as clean" without the Full Monte wash. <smile>

But I like the idea of leaving the product in the cannon bottle so as to get right after it. I'll be interested to read what your thoughts are on BH Touchless.

Excellent idea as I can never find the "hole" in the OG woolies when I grab it from the bucket. <grin>
If you are still worried regarding rinse-less, you can still pre-rinse the car beforehand, the term rinse-less reffers to not rinsing the cleaning product off at the end. In the past, I have given the car a quick spray off with the garden hose, then went to it with rinse-less wash. I never go any further than a dusty car with rinse-less though, a wince at those who clean truly filthy vehicles with this wash method.

I have used Touchless enough now to know that it's a truly brilliant product. But it only make sense on very dirty vehicles, say a daily driver. You would never need Touchless on that beautiful GT500 of yours.

As for leaving it in the foam cannon, I have found that with the flow rate of my Kranzle KHD-10, I need to run Touchless undiluted in my foam cannon to get the correct Panel Impact Ratio (this must be calculated for each pressure washer and foam cannon). This will change when the updated formula arrives here, which is double the concentration, I will then need to dilute it.

I spent five minutes trying not to write it like that, or maybe I just have a dirty mind. :blush:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
If you are still worried regarding rinse-less, you can still pre-rinse the car beforehand
You are a mind reader or, we think alike D, <smile> because I would have, without question, rinsed her first.

I never go any further than a dusty car with rinse-less though, a wince at those who clean truly filthy vehicles with this wash method.
You would never need Touchless on that beautiful GT500 of yours.
That's all I needed to hear, my friend..thank you for saving me a few pesos. <grin>

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
" The newest product here is The Rag Company's new Ultra Wool Mitt, primarily designed for.."

..those who suffer from acute obsessiveness and simply must clean the back side of wheel spokes.

<BSEG>

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
But do you clean the barrels and brake calipers too? 😉
He is thorough.

Rumor has it he even dismounts the tires when detailing to clean and put tire shine on the INSIDES. :wink:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Rumor has it he even dismounts the tires when detailing to clean and put tire shine on the INSIDES. :wink:
Yes, this is totally true AND he cleans the reverse side of the wheel emblem :giggle:

@DFB5.0 that Miami pic...OMG....unbelievably good. Better than new, like OEM+. Bloody amazing :bow:

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
@DFB5.0 that Miami pic...OMG....unbelievably good. Better than new, like OEM+. Bloody amazing :bow:
Ok, forgive the following wall of words, this is something that I so thoroughly enjoy about cars.

I'm incredibly fortunate to have one of the last Falcon's, and one of the first S550 Mustang's in Australia. At the time, the Mustang was seen as the replacement for performance Falcon's, some embraced it, some were incredibly bitter. To me, I was excited by the prospect of a new hero performance car. Ford could have easily packed up and left, in fact that's what Holden did. So we were, and still are, lucky that Ford sent the Mustang our way.

edt123.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

The comparison between the two is night and day. I adore what the Falcon represents, the history, the work local engineers did on a shoestring budget. I absolutely love the story behind the Miami V8, the first factory supercharged Coyote 5.0 V8, hand built and signed by the technician who built it, and all done by a small team in Australia. It's a fabulously impressive engine, it hammers from idle to red line, in any gear, at any speed. It's relentless! You can't really say that about a naturally aspirated Coyote. Some didn't like the exhaust note, but I like that it has its own character. The steering is more communicative at speed, the ride is brutal at low speed, but levels out at higher speed and helps deliver more body control than the Mustang, which bucks, dives and squats as you move through inputs.

IMG-E1637-2.jpg

IMG-E1520.jpg

DSC-0007.jpg

Something I noticed very early on having both in my garage, the Falcon was by far better made, be that exterior panel alignment, paint quality, interior material fit and finish. I also think Falcon had superior build consistency. On the flipside to all that, I'm fully aware of the Falcon's limitations, then and now. It was always a taxi/fleet/rental/family car first, performance car second. That shoestring budget certainly showed next to the more modern Mustang (and Holden), be that technology, interior presentation, and that engine by far outperforms the chassis around it. Despite having Brembo brakes, the big girl gets the better of them eventually. And yes, the seating position is something of an acquired taste.

za4.jpg

q2.jpg

DSC-0302-2.jpg

IMG-1732.jpg

x33333333.jpg

x3333333.jpg

The Mustang came to me two and half years after I took delivery of my final Falcon. I immediately noticed where the much larger development budget went. Stuff like adjustable drive modes, adjustable steering modes, bigger brakes, selectable interior lighting colour, the Trac Apps, seat heaters/coolers...................................the list goes on and on. And that's before I even get to the drop-dead gorgeous styling, to me the original S550 is the most attractive since the original. You also sit "in" this car, not "on" it like the Falcon, so you immediately feel like the car is wrapped around you.

DSC_0085e.jpg

kk.jpg

To drive, where the Falcon is all about effortless torque and performance, the Mustang needs to wound up, I love that complete contrast. I could never understand why people complained about the Coyote's lack of low-down torque, to me, I say just rev it harder! Ford designed an engine that rewards the driver with a comparatively high revving nature, one that doesn't fall on its face at higher revs like older Ford V8's or modern turbo engines, one that barks back through the firewall in the most addictive of ways. You also need to wind yourself up to drive the car fast, mainly because of the lack of feedback through the steering wheel and that tail happy nature. I can say that I have driven the Falcon harder than the Mustang, mainly because I have never truly trusted what was underneath me. The Performance Pack brakes are exceptional, one of my favorite aspects of the car. And being a manual, it's so rewarding to nail that perfect gearchange.

What don't I like? The aforementioned lack of quality control, of which my words on that subject have caused some hate toward me in the past, but it is what it is. The lack of steering feedback and sitting so far back in the chassis makes it hard to trust what the car is doing. I also find the chassis tune strange, it has quite firm rebound at lower speeds, but it doesn't have the body control you would expect. I also strongly believe the Aussie engineers were the best in the world for tuning traction and stability control systems. The Mustang's electronic chassis controls are very late in stepping in, and when they do, its very abrupt. The Falcon DSC calibration helps the driver along the way, the Mustang's on the other hand is like a giant slap in the face.

As I said, I'm lucky to have both these cars in my garage. I love the flamboyance and theater of driving a V8 Mustang, it turns heads and starts conversations everywhere I go. The Falcon, especially in grandpa burgundy, is the ultimate sleeper, you would hardly know it has 500 hp under that hood.

IMG-0336.jpg

IMG-2791.jpg
Sponsored