What's broke so far?

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My GT finally arrived. I picked it up this past Monday, Presidents' Day. On Wednesday, the rear view camera became very glitchy. The view can become very distorted. Will have to take it back and have it addressed.
Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
2017 GT, DD, current mileage 35K. One issue - intake manifold IMRC actuator failure at 25K, car threw a P0308 code. Dealer replaced intake under warranty.

Calhoun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Race Red
2015 GT with 50,000 miles and only one big problem.The evaporator and compressor for the AC needed to be replaced. Past the warranty and EXPENSIVE.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Side Mirror glass came off and puddle light became distorted around 17k miles
AC Evaporator around 20k miles
Windshield de-laminating (bubbles visible between layers of glass when looking at the top of the windshield near roof line) 20k miles
Valve Spring broke at 25k miles
Backup camera started going out/flickering/distorting at 45k miles (Edit: replaced the camera under ESP)
(Edit: Water Pump bearing 'disintegrated' which caused the water pump to seize and shred both belts as well as bathe the engine bay in coolant. Replaced water pump and both belts under powertrain warranty.)

I bought the Ford ESP from Flood Ford for an extra 3 years/36k miles.

Last edited:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Note to self: Do not purchase the next generation Mustang until the third production year.

Sponsored

Mustang Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible; 2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My 19 GT Vert has 5500
No issues and I dont expect any serious issues - knock on wood...

Why? You might ask.
Because none of the Mustangs I have owned have ever had any serious maintenance or repair issues.

My 2006 GT Vert with bolt ons (CAI, Exhaust, etc) still has the original engine and trans and never any serious problems.
Again, knock on wood
And over 200k miles! - so that is my reliability tale.

My wife's last Audi started having problems at about 50k - glad that was on warranty or would have been super expensive.

Seanay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A PP2
I am surprised there are not multiple replies about rear wheel bearings. They fail early and often on S550's. I replaced mine last year.[/QUOTe

I have a very feint metal scratching noise (sounds exactly like brake pad wear indicator noise) coming from the driver side wheel/brake area. I have gone over it up on a lift with a mechanic and then to a frame/suspension shop and its been looked over and it is not a brake hardware issue or pads...admittedly we did not pull the rotors all way off and tested the bearing but I have seen multiple posts just in this 3 page thread about the specific Driver side rear wheel bearing being bad..is this a common failure and likely what im experiencing? My car has 30k miles on it and the only issue i have had is this noise which i now think could be the bearing on that wheel hub

Huck FInn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2nd Engine
My 2012 GT convert is coming up 236,000 miles. Here is the history:

150k - anti-theft switch in the hood - the horn kept going off with no one touching the car. Almost got me killed once when I was rolling my grocery cart out to the car and the horn went off while a REALLY BIG woman was walking right in front of the car on her way into the store. She freaked, jumped about 3' into the air, dropping her purse in the slush, cursed like an irate movie star, and when she saw me go to the car I though I was about to die a brutal death. Fortunately, homicide quickly left her mind, and she merely departed with numerous, loud allegations on my unsavory parentage. There were a number of bystanders and they all were sure I was an &%#@ who did it on purpose. I changed Ford dealers to one who found and fixed the problem.
170k - one front wheel bearing
216k - OEM battery failed
222k - manual trans throwout bearing
226k - air conditioning compressor
232k - one rear wheel bearing
234k - the other front wheel bearing
235k - I noticed the first rust spot, on the passenger door near the bottom

I live in western WI, near the Twin Cities, and drive in a lot of salt in the winter, plus the roads in the Twin Cities are really crappy.

Nothing in the engine has been a problem and it still has amazing performance and sound. I routinely get 28 MPG on the freeway on cruise. I've used Ford full synthetic oil since new with oil changes every 5,000 miles. All service has been at my Ford dealer. I have a 2020 GT350 that is scheduled to be delivered on March 19 and will retire the 2012.

In short, if you aren't a wrench turner yourself, I recommend having your service work done at your Ford dealer. Good Luck.

Cruzin50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Bought my brand new 2019 PP1 in July. So far its been to Ford for leaking oil and it is currently there with exactly 5000 miles on the odometer with a destroyed driver side hub assembly. Never hit potholes, just a faulty hub from the factory.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
2019 GT PP1 with 13k miles (bought in August 2018)

5000ish miles the MT-82 went out - had a new trans put in from a 2019 GT on the lot since this was during the huge back order on shift forks and full transmissions from Ford.

I'm likely going to have to take it in for oil consumption issues soon. When I did my last change I was 1.5 qts low. I'll change it this weekend again and if I am more than a quart low I will start an inquiry with them on the oil issue.

I love the car though so these are minor annoyances. Its not my daily driver and it runs great.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
2016 base GT w/3.55:1 gear, 6R80 trans. Modded, 69,500 no problem miles, no codes, 49,000 miles I changed diff oil to B&G 75w140w, regular 5,000 mile oil changes, tranny fluid change soon. Best pony I've had, bought new from dealer, 6 miles on odometer at purchase. My 4th mustang. Suspension mods are a must for my DD medical tech job as I drive thru twisty's alot 200 miles from my home base on the coastal bend. Enjoy.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed with 8500 miles. Bought new, so far this is what has gone wrong:

1) Randomly stalled while moving, at 1200 miles. ‘Fixed’ by software update
2) Blown door speaker. Replaced at 4K miles.
3) Same speaker blew again at 5000 miles. Gave up and purchased higher quality part, haven’t put it in yet.
4) Poor engine performance, stalling issues, multiple engine misfire codes. After diagnosing another software patch was applied and a vacuum leak was found. Vacuum leak was fixed and car is running good now. This was happening for about 7 months by the way before the problems were found.
5) OEM battery discharged and wouldn’t hold a charge, replaced.

So not a great history so far for my first American sports car, most likely won’t be getting another one unless the S650 blows my mind. I still like the car, especially since everything is working now, just weary of the next issue. Getting a battery tender/conditioner is a great idea if you only use it on the weekends, otherwise just drive the crap out of it and have fun!

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
I usually daily drive mine, just depends which vehicle in my garage has fuel in it. I've had my 2016 GTPP MT82 for a little over a year and I beat on it pretty good and take it to the tail of the dragon as well. So far, the only real issues I've had is one day 10 minutes into work about 40° F with my defroster on, my rear windshield exploded, but I got it replaced for $300. We attributed it to a faulty window or defroster along with a built up resonant frequency in the cabin from my exhaust.

Most recently, I found that the oil pressure sensor was leaking oil, took it to Ford for them to fix it under powertrain warranty but it turned out to be a TSB fix and they said every new Ford engine is prone to this right now because Ford isn't sealing them well enough out of the factory.

The current thing I'm dealing with is my passenger side tail light will occasionally act up and not work causing a hyper flash but then the next day over a course of a month or so it works fine. Just like other cars, it has quirks and oddities, but for the reward for me, it's worth it.

BadNews_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Brand New in April 2019. MT82
8400 miles and two painful dealer services.

The only thing broken so far is my pride for said serving.

Sees WOT at least once any time I drive.

And it's not my daily. YMMV

My 96 GT 248a daily?

Second clutch
Stock Alt, WP.
On its second set of plugs since I bought it with 95k
Bulbs

Oh and less chips and scratches than my '19.

Not to be a spoil sport, but I for one have some questions about current quality control.
Sponsored