Sponsored

What's broke so far?

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
My Spirit...
My daily commute sucks. I work from home!
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Since it was new. I broke a water pump. The hood latching mechanism. (Opening and closing the hood after ever run at the drag strip.) prematurely wore that part out. And the transmission died this year after over 200 1/4 mile passes. At between 450-750whp depending on the year. Also the little puddle lights are starting to look like crap.

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Ford makes much more reliable cars than they used to. This is my 3rd mustang since 2006 and have no major issues. My current car had a failed A/C compressor and a bad wheel bearing, which are actually both common issues but easily fixable.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The water pumps are absolute garbage on these cars. They commonly fail prematurely. I'm hoping Ford's updated design lasts longer. Other than that, the guy had it right, above me, saying your wallet for all the mods.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
A/C compressor under warranty
Driver's side rear wheel bearing under warranty
Cruise control switch cluster out of warranty

Sponsored

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
'16 GT w/25k miles. Two issues - 1) AC schrader fill valve corroded and leaked (fixed under warranty) 2) Corrosion on the front lip of the hood - getting replaced under warranty this spring

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Driver's side seat bolt failed day 2 of ownership with 10 miles on the car. Replaced under warranty.

8k miles now. Nothing else so far, but I do have a noise that sounds like a wheel bearing out back somewhere. Want to nail it down before I take it in and let the monkeys screw with it.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
'15 was ac evaporator at about 36k miles. Backup camera was hit or miss starting around 50k or so.

'18, no issues yet. 22k miles.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
A Lot of feelings

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Driver's side seat bolt failed day 2 of ownership with 10 miles on the car. Replaced under warranty.

8k miles now. Nothing else so far, but I do have a noise that sounds like a wheel bearing out back somewhere. Want to nail it down before I take it in and let the monkeys screw with it.
I am surprised there are not multiple replies about rear wheel bearings. They fail early and often on S550's. I replaced mine last year.

Sponsored

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Within the first 7K, leaking radiator, both front struts leaking oil and blown, and a reflash of the A10 auto. Ford took care of these with no problem in my 2018 GT premium. Still love this car!

Tang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
In chronological order:

Leaking foglight housing
AC compressor and evaporator
Water pump
Windshield washer fluid pump

Also my drivers side leather seat cover is trashed on a 5 year old car. I work from home mostly so I only drive maybe 100 miles per week. 15gtpp with 34k miles

When my extended warranty is up I probably will have to let her go. Not a money issue it's incredibly inconvenient to constantly not have a working car available. I have til Sept 21 or 60k (no chance I'll hit that mileage)

Kaleidopete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT California Special
2019 GT, display screen and computer went out within the first 100 miles and took four weeks to repair. the dealer actually had the car longer than I did, I only had it less than a week. Now my drivers seat goes back for easy exit and entry, but it doesn't always return to the proper position. It just stays all the way back. Sometimes it works though. I think I'll live with it, I know the nightmare of bringing it in for repair. Other than that I love the car, I just hope it never needs to go back to the dealer for repairs. A month before this I brought my Fusion in for a steering problem and that too took over three weeks to repair, under warranty at least. Next car might be a 1957 Oldsmobile, easy fixes!

Coloradoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 eco pp
I cant complain, had it for 4 years and no real issues but the rattles are on another level! I guess if i had a v8 i wouldnt hear them as much lol

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
2019 GT, display screen and computer went out within the first 100 miles and took four weeks to repair. the dealer actually had the car longer than I did, I only had it less than a week. Now my drivers seat goes back for easy exit and entry, but it doesn't always return to the proper position. It just stays all the way back. Sometimes it works though. I think I'll live with it, I know the nightmare of bringing it in for repair. Other than that I love the car, I just hope it never needs to go back to the dealer for repairs. A month before this I brought my Fusion in for a steering problem and that too took over three weeks to repair, under warranty at least. Next car might be a 1957 Oldsmobile, easy fixes!
The seat assist is a known issue. The easiest fix is to hold the start button an extra second or two when starting the car.

...And welcome to the forum..............
Sponsored