Votes: 188 36.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
The guys obsessing over the dash on the other forum kinda crack me up. Ford has researched it and they think this is what the market wants. If they’re wrong they’ll change it. Good grief already, buy one or don’t. Nobody cares either way and it is what it is, for the time being anyhow.
Absolutely.

I probably won't buy for a couple of years, for reasons of my own. I got a better car last time by waiting for the '18 refresh. Same applies here.
Sponsored

PeterParker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 4T Premium, 2018 Mazda 6 GTR
It seems like the same wine, new bottle. The sides and shape seem flatter, coupled with the new headlights, it does give it a 'Camaro' feel which I'm not crazy about. It would have been nice to have it lighter with a stiffer frame, the engine options haven't really changed. It sounds like the Dark Horse will hit 500HP, I'm interested in how they do that and if some kind of Power Pack will be available for earlier Coyotes.
I agree with your wine statement, well put. Except that I will add: new bottle same wine, and a little watered down. The lines on the side that make the Mustang a Mustang are gone. They did the same with the Fox body ... the ugliest Mustang ever made.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
With the remake of the movie Top Gun doing so well , I could see a Fighter Jet like dash would appeal to a new generation of car buyers. Ford may be on the right path. We will know in a couple of years. This thread will be good to visit in two years from now.

musclecar6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT premium Black/ Show Stopper Red.
I think from an operational perspective, the new screens will be fun to use and be a blast. That said, I think the whole picture of what is presented on the inside, looks like somebody just bolted a couple of screens on the top of the dash and very little
attention was paid to integrating a nice seamless look.

Both the look of the inside, and the outside to me is a step backwards.

I have a 2020 GT coupe with the performance package, black with the silver wheels and red interior and I just absolutely love the look and all the performance of the car. To me the 2024 is an example of Ford fixing something that ain't broke, when talking about the exterior redesign.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
With the remake of the movie Top Gun doing so well , I could see a Fighter Jet like dash would appeal to a new generation of car buyers. Ford may be on the right path. We will know in a couple of years. This thread will be good to visit in two years from now.
Naaaa, you know that someone from the Older Post Lookout Squad will jump in quickly after any such response with “dude, you do know that thread is two years old don’t you?”. It’s the Squad’s duty to patrol such posts assuming that they couldn’t possibly still contain relevance to someone who didn’t catch them on the first go around.

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How likely is it that there will ever be another ground-up redesign of the ICE Mustang?

Maybe not very.

Lately it seems the common assumption and expectation has been that the ICE version would be phased out sometime after 2028. Some things said by Farley in the last week suggest otherwise; ie., that Ford has the intention and wherewithal to continue production for "as long as people want to buy them."

But isn't that more likely as a sort of "legacy" vehicle?

As a muscle car, Mustang has no Detroit competition that we know of for the next few years - does it? We're going to get an electric from Dodge, but ICE?

Dodge introduced the current Challenger in 2008. They've kept that car going for thirteen or fourteen years, with engineering and mechanical upgrades, high-powered variants and a facelift a few years ago. They never even did a convertible, judging it a niche demand even within an increasingly niche market for this kind of vehicle.

So, say the Mustang is the new Challenger. The architecture and major parameters are now locked in, based on the successful 550. Yank the bandage off next year by introducing all the connected digital gadgetry that they'll be building on and into all their vehicles from now on, and let people get over that shock. Then they can tweak, upgrade and refresh that car, in the absence of equivalent competition, for how long? Into the 2030s?

Until at last it gives way to an EV, too.

Last edited:

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To the extent of dropping their dorky electronic Vroom noise.

Wonder if they've thought of just clothespinning a playing card between the spokes?

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I look at how many who were manual driver switched to the A10 b/c it was faster. Ford said they will continue to make an ICE as long as people want them.

Do you think Ford will continue to produce an ICE car if the Dodge electric will be faster and people start jumping ship in order to be the fastest guy on the road?

I would like to think, especially with the manual take rate of the Mustang, that speed for many of this population is not the only consideration.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I look at how many who were manual driver switched to the A10 b/c it was faster. Ford said they will continue to make an ICE as long as people want them.

Do you think Ford will continue to produce an ICE car if the Dodge electric will be faster and people start jumping ship in order to be the fastest guy on the road?

I would like to think, especially with the manual take rate of the Mustang, that speed for many of this population is not the only consideration.
I would agree and would also add that there’s still a good amount of people that like the sounds of an ICE car, whether it’s the V8, V6 or 4 banger. As long as people keep buying them Ford will make them. Especially with Dodge and GM getting out (except the Vette but Mustang doesn’t directly compete with Corvette). Our village put on a cruise night last Friday and I was encouraged by the amount of young people there, so I’m hopeful the ICE will continue into the 8th generation of Mustang.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I am thinking Ford engineers are not thinking of the Dark Horse Mustang as just a black Mustang. Most comments I read just indicate Dark Horse is not a very significant name for a Mustang. Now , I look at Dark Horse Mustang as having different meanings to different people. As far as I am concerned , Dark Horse Mustang means Evil , Sinister , or on the Dark Side. I expect the 2024 Dark Horse Mustang to have the same mystique as the Dodge Hellcat. Sounds to me like Ford has plans for some serious high performance 2024 Mustangs.
By definition:

dark horse

noun
a racehorse, competitor, etc., about whom little is known or who unexpectedly wins.
a candidate who is unexpectedly nominated at a political convention.

Still a dumb name for a performance model, IMO.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Does it still have a sound tube? :giggle:

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
It looked a little less Camaro-like in person, still prefer my '22 though. The EG Shelby is beautiful, and snuck in a pic of a Maverick because we ordered one last week, and had to include a pic of mine in the parking garage downtown here.
IMG_20220922_134712220.jpg
I'm typically not a fan of green on most cars but that looks f-in hawt
Sponsored