What would you pay? New 17

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Sticker on mine was 48,100 and I paid 43 and change for it on Feb 13, 2017. Mine is a premium convertible with the 401A and PP. So their asking price of 41,900 for a used coupe is way overpriced.
Sponsored

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
Sticker on mine was 48,100 and I paid 43 and change for it on Feb 13, 2017. Mine is a premium convertible with the 401A and PP. So their asking price of 41,900 for a used coupe is way overpriced.
Think they are asking 34k now

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Right. They said 34. Is still prefer 32. Going to let them sit on my offer.
For sure it's your call. Good luck, but be ready for it to get sold before you get a chance to buy. That could happen.

Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
https://www.janssenautogroup.com/used/Ford/2017-Ford-Mustang-24ba43330a0e0ae84925708c16b00743.htm

Local to me and considering getting back into a GT but hate the look of the 18’s.
rip off...first, Recaros are not heated/cooled from Ford! red flag. not a performance pack. wheels are nice but weigh a ton. even if a premium, that's sticker and a two year "old" car. I ordered my '17 premium, recaros, perf pack etc. during the middle of the build year and paid about that much total out the door in California (tax/lic incl)
i'd shop. my friend found one locally, ruby red w/ auto without pp1, for 35,000 start price dman

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I bought my 2016 GT Premium, A6, Black Accent package car first week of November 2017 (13 months ago). The only option it doesn't have is adaptive cruise control. It was used with exactly 616 miles on the clock and I paid $24,000 OTD.

Screenshot-20181125-173246-Gallery.jpg

I flew to Michigan to pick it up, and drove it 11 hours to get back home.

Sticker was $42,370

Keep looking!
was scanning the thread...noticed the pic, then noticed the price. $20,000 off sticker when the car's a year old? did you check Carfax for the refurb...just a thought.
the other thing that caught my attention was your mod list. all that suspension work/money and you slap a performance pack wheel set on the car? at 34lbs a corner, you'll never really "feel" what you could have. one of the most critical upgrades to a mustang is losing un-sprung weight. with all the flow formed wheels now reasonably available, it always surprises me people don't start with light wheels as a first mod...then work the suspension. "quicker" acceleration, better braking and the ability of the suspension to be more responsive and planted. I like what you've done (been using Steeda over 22 years), like the car etc. but imagine losing 13-14 lbs at each wheel...worth every penny. kinda like people who build big horsepower on stock platforms. backwards thinking...? dman

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
was scanning the thread...noticed the pic, then noticed the price. $20,000 off sticker when the car's a year old? did you check Carfax for the refurb...just a thought.
the other thing that caught my attention was your mod list. all that suspension work/money and you slap a performance pack wheel set on the car? at 34lbs a corner, you'll never really "feel" what you could have. one of the most critical upgrades to a mustang is losing un-sprung weight. with all the flow formed wheels now reasonably available, it always surprises me people don't start with light wheels as a first mod...then work the suspension. "quicker" acceleration, better braking and the ability of the suspension to be more responsive and planted. I like what you've done (been using Steeda over 22 years), like the car etc. but imagine losing 13-14 lbs at each wheel...worth every penny. kinda like people who build big horsepower on stock platforms. backwards thinking...? dman
Yep, I knew the car's full history in detail before I bought it. I've had it for just over a year, and I put about 6,000 completely trouble-free miles on it. I love the car! It is fast. beautiful, reliable, comfortable, sounds great, and I get compliments on it whenever I stop for gas.

I bought the Performance Package wheels because I like the way they look, and the price was good. Sure there are other wheels that are lighter, but I'm not going to road-race the car. I have installed some Steeda parts mainly to lock the rear subframe down to keep from potentially breaking parts by eliminating wheel hop? I just bought a pumpkin with 3.55's in it as my car came with 3.15's, and I'll probably upgrade the half-shafts in the next month or so when I install the new diff? FYI, I have road-raced motorcycles (mainly Ducati big cc Superbikes) for almost 15 years. I know all about the benefits of top-notch suspension and unsprung weight

I'm getting prepared to throw a ProCharger setup on the car this spring. By the time it's all said and done sometime early this summer, I'll have somewhere around $35,000ish in the car in total (I do all the labor) and it'll be my version of perrrrrfect.

Lastly, if anyone thinks I'm bull$hitting about what I paid for my car, I'll gladly scan and post up the bill of sale.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Yep, I knew the car's full history in detail before I bought it. I've had it for just over a year, and I put about 6,000 completely trouble-free miles on it. I love the car! It is fast. beautiful, reliable, comfortable, sounds great, and I get compliments on it whenever I stop for gas.

I bought the Performance Package wheels because I like the way they look, and the price was good. Sure there are other wheels that are lighter, but I'm not going to road-race the car. I have installed some Steeda parts mainly to lock the rear subframe down to keep from potentially breaking parts by eliminating wheel hop? I just bought a pumpkin with 3.55's in it as my car came with 3.15's, and I'll probably upgrade the half-shafts in the next month or so when I install the new diff? FYI, I have road-raced motorcycles (mainly Ducati big cc Superbikes) for almost 15 years. I know all about the benefits of top-notch suspension and unsprung weight

I'm getting prepared to throw a ProCharger setup on the car this spring. By the time it's all said and done sometime early this summer, I'll have somewhere around $35,000ish in the car in total (I do all the labor) and it'll be my version of perrrrrfect.

Lastly, if anyone thinks I'm bull$hitting about what I paid for my car, I'll gladly scan and post up the bill of sale.
I like to say... "the dog that keeps digging finds the bone". great deal on the purchase...! I wasn't pounding your approach, but a lot of people don't understand the things that can make cars great. we all have different slants and ideas and they all work for each of us individually. I do road race mustangs but like my street cars nimble and quick, rather than big WOT hp which is almost useless on the street... but great headed to turn 1. enjoy your car, that's what it's all about. seems like you do.
dman

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I like to say... "the dog that keeps digging finds the bone". great deal on the purchase...! I wasn't pounding your approach, but a lot of people don't understand the things that can make cars great. we all have different slants and ideas and they all work for each of us individually.

I do road race mustangs but like my street cars nimble and quick, rather than big WOT hp which is almost useless on the street... but great headed to turn 1. enjoy your car, that's what it's all about. seems like you do.
dman
Thanks D'Man,

Yep, I'm the dog that keeps diggin', but maybe I'm almost done? I can never have a car or motorcycle and NOT mod it to make it my version of perfect. That might be the number one reason I own a Mustang GT instead of a Camaro or Challenger. They are so easy to mod, and they are a great platform with a great engine.

I know what you mean about nimble cars. I'd love to take a Mazda Miata and throw an LS1/six speed in one, but that would probably ruin me for every other car for the rest of my life?

But at this stage in my life, I want a car with "big boy" power as is often said. That's why I'm going to throw a ProCharger at my car this spring as a post-divorce present to myself. I might even try my hand at building a Coyote engine with Darton sleeves, forged piston/rods, ported heads, and ARP hardware throughout prior to the ProCharger set-up?

Maybe that's too much "digging'?

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Thanks D'Man,

Yep, I'm the dog that keeps diggin', but maybe I'm almost done? I can never have a car or motorcycle and NOT mod it to make it my version of perfect. That might be the number one reason I own a Mustang GT instead of a Camaro or Challenger. They are so easy to mod, and they are a great platform with a great engine.

I know what you mean about nimble cars. I'd love to take a Mazda Miata and throw an LS1/six speed in one, but that would probably ruin me for every other car for the rest of my life?

But at this stage in my life, I want a car with "big boy" power as is often said. That's why I'm going to throw a ProCharger at my car this spring as a post-divorce present to myself. I might even try my hand at building a Coyote engine with Darton sleeves, forged piston/rods, ported heads, and ARP hardware throughout prior to the ProCharger set-up?

Maybe that's too much "digging'?
we can never "dig" to much especially when hunting that bone! more than the dog, i'd say you're...a hellhound. that's a good thing. I think we're similar just in different arenas, and I do understand where you're heading. i'll get back to you and discuss. you know what Mama said..."just shut up 'n drive!" dman

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking

That car looks great, makes me think silver would be my top choice. I don't doubt your purchase price but was it a clean title? I still don't get the price of the used mustang market. If I can buy a 2018 base GT for 30k then why don't I see plenty of used 15,16s for low 20's.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
That car looks great, makes me think silver would be my top choice. I don't doubt your purchase price but was it a clean title? I still don't get the price of the used mustang market. If I can buy a 2018 base GT for 30k then why don't I see plenty of used 15,16s for low 20's.
In So Cal they hold their value.

OP
OP
Commbubba19

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Dealer agreed to 32500. So it’s a unsold 2017 premium auto with recaros with a sticker price of over 47k I’ll be getting for 32500.
Sponsored