What would you pay? New 17

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
You know, a good deal is only good until its not...every good deal eventually is not really what it once was as new models come out and even those prices drop over time. Of course a good deal helps you feel better about the purchase but ultimately you should only spend what you are comfortable spending on the vehicle in front of you as that will be the only satisfaction to stand the test of time.

If you find a car you like, buy it or dont; you should not jump on anything, even if it is a good deal today. I found my car, it was an ok deal border line high...but I loved the car once I saw it, sat in it and heard the cold start (I'm easy to please as I did not even test drive it). I feel I paid about 2-3k more than I should have but hey, I am still happy today that I bought it and will be even happier once I pay it off.

Just my $0.02
Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Holy balls. Are those guys high?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Deal wise that is a no go, I got nearly 8k off MSRP for my well optioned 18 early this Summer. I would look at it like your buying a depreciated car for the same amount as someone who bought it 1-2 years ago. You would be under water 15k the second you sign the paperwork. If you like 17s I would look used.

Just curious, Have you seen an 18 in person? They don't photograph well, I hated the 18s until I saw one in person and had a few minutes to take it in.
I agree. I was right at 7,500 bucks off of our '18. So, the price on this '17 is a big no, no in my little mind. I also agree that you should at least consider an '18. The 10 spd auto alone is well worth a look. Good luck on your decision.

OP
OP
Commbubba19

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I threw an offer of 32500. I think that’s fair. Still waiting on a reply.

But I agree they are asking too much.

Oh and yes I’ve seen the 18’s in person and just yuck. Hate the front end. Everything else is great except that.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
There is only one sanio that would be financially beneficial to purchase a 2017 at this time:
If you will be putting a lot of miles on the car in next two years, I mean a lot of miles. It would make sense.
In two years time this automobile close to 5 years old. Hard to sell a 5 year car because person buying needs financing which a private owner can't assist buyer needs like a dealer. After 5 years it will be worth maybe half of retail if really nice car on the lot, trade in value will be 35/40%.

If you put a lot of miles on the car and sale two years from now with maybe 50K then you would get average trade in, where if you purchase current year you would have a high mileage trade in.

If the design is such a stumbling block then your choice is limited. Once you leave the lot no one will care car was new 10 minutes ago, they will see a 2017

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I bought my 2016 GT Premium, A6, Black Accent package car first week of November 2017 (13 months ago). The only option it doesn't have is adaptive cruise control. It was used with exactly 616 miles on the clock and I paid $24,000 OTD.

Screenshot-20181125-173246-Gallery.jpg

I flew to Michigan to pick it up, and drove it 11 hours to get back home.

Sticker was $42,370

Keep looking!

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I bought my 2016 GT Premium, A6, Black Accent package car first week of November 2017 (13 months ago). The only option it doesn't have is adaptive cruise control. It was used with exactly 616 miles on the clock and I paid $24,000 OTD.

Screenshot-20181125-173246-Gallery.jpg

I flew to Michigan to pick it up, and drove it 11 hours to get back home.

Sticker was $42,370

Keep looking!
That sounds like a crazy deal! Good on you

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
They came back at 34. Told them no thanks.

I don't know brother. 13k off sticker ain't that bad. Prices on pre-owned '17's aren't much less than that in my area. You my want to check the prices of pre-owned in your area.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
There is only one sanio that would be financially beneficial to purchase a 2017 at this time:
If you will be putting a lot of miles on the car in next two years, I mean a lot of miles. It would make sense.
In two years time this automobile close to 5 years old. Hard to sell a 5 year car because person buying needs financing which a private owner can't assist buyer needs like a dealer. After 5 years it will be worth maybe half of retail if really nice car on the lot, trade in value will be 35/40%.

If you put a lot of miles on the car and sale two years from now with maybe 50K then you would get average trade in, where if you purchase current year you would have a high mileage trade in.

If the design is such a stumbling block then your choice is limited. Once you leave the lot no one will care car was new 10 minutes ago, they will see a 2017
The S550 is already a 5 year old design. It debuted December 2013. Actually, the facelift 2018 is almost 2 years old already (debuted January 2017).

To the OP, I would just try to warm up to the styling of the 2018 the best you can. I, like many here, was a hater of the new front end until I started seeing lowered cars with aftermarket wheels. Then I started to like them in stock form. Now I'm at the point where I love it way more than the 15-17. It's just lower, wider, meaner and overall more aggressive. Personally, I wouldn't pay the $33k you were willing to shell out for an outdated design, especially when similar deals can be had on a (much better performing) 2018.

JJP SVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, 401A, 6M, and Recaros
I loved the look of my 15 GT over my current 18 GT. When you sit in and drive the 18, will not see the nose but you will feel and hear that engine. Combined with the A10 in my 18, I feel that the 18 is worth it.

P.S. I'm still warming up to the look of the 18!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
thumb_7d766639ee51e48396da3d67bfd426bax.jpg
  • $41,900 Final Price
  • [URL='https://www.janssenautogroup.com/used/Ford/2017-Ford-Mustang-24ba43330a0e0ae84925708c16b00743.htm#'] 15 MPG City 25 MPG Hwy
  • 5.0L V-8 cyl 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC REAR-WHEEL DRIVE
  • Exterior Color : Red Interior Color : EBONY RECARO LEATHER
  • Mileage : 15 miles
  • Stock # : 17C012
  • VIN : 1FA6P8CF0H5333677

• Come out and see how car buying is supposed to be. The Janssen
This is a big rip off dealer use to screwing everyone they can. There description says 15 miles on the car when the pic of the odometer clearly shows 323 miles. And as others have pointed out it ain't got heated Recaros 32 k would be a good price.
[/URL]

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
I don't know brother. 13k off sticker ain't that bad. Prices on pre-owned '17's aren't much less than that in my area. You my want to check the prices of pre-owned in your area.
Right! Man, you can spin your wheels looking for a good deal but if you find something you like and can afford then why not just jump on it.

These guys talking about depreciation and being upside down are all forgetting that these are not 1995 f355's, these are not a car that will EVER continue to go up in value...they will all depreciate regardless of the deal you get or the miles you do or don't put on them.

If you are looking to get money back in 5-10 years go buy that ferrari and dont drive it. I bought my mustang knowing that if left alone, will continue to go down so the only real factor was did I love it and could I afford it...that's it (I'm not saying go pay 50k for a used '17, everything within reason).

34k for a almost new '17 that is loaded is a far cry from a 35k base '18 so yeah, just because you can get a new model year for 1k more does not mean you're getting more car. Loaded '17 is still roughly 20k cheaper than a loaded 18-19 so thats not a fair comparison in my opinion. And the mileage difference from thw online ad to the actual odometer reading is just that no one has updated the ad, no scams again, in my opinion.
Sponsored