Sponsored

What would prevent you from buying the S650?

Joe H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP
I have an S650 on order, but I probably won't take it. As I have thought about it a lot I think I just love my 2022 better. Some of the reasons are mentioned earlier in this thread. A while back I was telling a guy that I just didn't like the looks of it as much as my '22, although I couldn't put my finger on why. He said, "It looks too much like a Camaro." I think that's right on target, unfortunately.
Sponsored

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
Probably wonā€™t get one. Have a fully paid off 2015 with only 7800 miles. (Plus I Have another car for everyday use.

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I agree with all of the negative comments posted so far. Dash is horrible, from almost every angle the exterior looks like anything but a Mustang. Ford making things harder to personalize my car (locking the ECU) bothers me a great deal. If it comes with auto stop/startā€¦that feature will annoy me. Gonna keep my 2019 PPL2 forever.

Sponsored

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
the frontend, the backend is great but with that frontend is might as well have an LS in it.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I agree with all of the negative comments posted so far. Dash is horrible, from almost every angle the exterior looks like anything but a Mustang. Ford making things harder to personalize my car (locking the ECU) bothers me a great deal. If it comes with auto stop/startā€¦that feature will annoy me. Gonna keep my 2019 PPL2 forever.
Iā€™m still trying to find some good photos of it. On the FORD website it shows 6 models but NO S650.

PVAMT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Deep impact blue / silver stripes, red pinstripes
Vehicle Showcase
Besides the ECU being locked down, Iā€™m not a fan of the gaudy iPad screens that donā€™t seem to match the interior, the Camaro-like design in the back, the auto start/stop, and the rear end as the crease look is too exaggerated for my liking.

Was curious as to what would prevent some others from buying it to see if my dislikes were common or it's something else altogether.
Letā€™s see,
Auto start and stop is a deal breaker for me. I despise that in new cars. The interior layout of the 550 is laid out more to my liking. Updated yet classic. I can do without the giant video screens. Iā€™m driving not playing tetris. The rear end looks tubby and camaroish if I wanted a camaro I would buy one. The front end grille looks like a cheap afterthought.. Well thatā€™s it, no 650 for me.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Besides the ECU being locked down, Iā€™m not a fan of the gaudy iPad screens that donā€™t seem to match the interior, the Camaro-like design in the back, the auto start/stop, and the rear end as the crease look is too exaggerated for my liking.

Was curious as to what would prevent some others from buying it to see if my dislikes were common or it's something else altogether.
DITTO

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m kinda shocked that Iā€™m the only one whoā€™s said anything about the auto start/stop so far, lol.

Iā€™m sure you could eventually turn it off in the the ECU when weā€™re able to finally get in. But who knows when thatā€™ll be.
CRIPES... I didn't know about the auto start/stop are you freakin kidding me?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
CRIPES... I didn't know about the auto start/stop are you freakin kidding me?
Unfortunately not, lol. Yeah you can turn it off but having to do it every time you get in the car is annoying since you couldnā€™t do it via the software since the ECU is locked. šŸ™ƒ

2023EGM1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1, 2019 Audi S4
In my life I have changed my opinion about new cars after getting used to see them, I tend to like the old model better until I find the old one old, you know what I mean? šŸ˜‚

Iā€™m not a fan of the interior looks and Camaro reminiscences of the S650, so Iā€™ll see if it grows on me, but I will happily keep my ā€˜22 EG M1 for at least 1-2 years.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
-Ugly ass front end
-Cheap looking rear diffuser
-horrible interior-not sporty at all
-ECU lock down
-Pricing has gone insane
-And lastly my beautiful Flex tuned 21 Mach 1 that I bought for under MSRP before they went up in price.

I'd say I'm sittin pretty! LOL
what is the "Flex Tuned"?

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Having seen one photographed next to a 550 now, I like the exterior looks just fine. Exterior styling is not an issue.

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing stopping me. Is that my current S550 does a fantastic job as my car.
Sponsored